Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
causalgamer

Cursed Ships and Cursed Days

26 comments in this topic

Players
131 posts

image.png.061112b115408b10c838d63a32a6934d.png

Have you experienced days or particular ships that you are just unlucky with? You play your heart out, you play well but it's just NOT working for you!

20200510105122_1.thumb.jpg.add21c364d9203a799955f227e8215e1.jpg

do you have similar ships or days like the one below?

image.png

Edited by causalgamer
adding some text
  • Cool 2

[GW_KR]
Players
214 posts
11,898 battles

I love my Kitakaze but its not working for me!😕

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
243 posts
4,088 battles

Saipan and Graf Zeppelin.

Might be because they are rather weak compared to other T8 CVs, might be because they are rather difficult to play compared to other T8 CVs. In any case, I perform bad in them and they also feel bad to play. Luckily I got the Saipan for free and the gameplay of GZ in the T8 1v1 ranked sprint made the regrets a little bit less.

• Cool 1

Players
467 posts
8,413 battles

Blunderer for me, wish i had gotten the Salem or Georgia instead, i suck so bad with it i am actually ashamed 

• Funny 1

Players
314 posts
3,605 battles

Alsace. This is a good ship, I know that. I did correctly in Richelieu, I do correctly in Jean Bart, so Richelieu with better secondaries and 4 more guns should be a breeze no ?

No. Either I potato hard, or I get blapped, or I do something but it's a loss anyway. I can't make her work, that's insane - I followed every bit of battle on Youtube, but nope it doesn't click.

This is beyond infuriating, to the point I think stopping playing her and give up on Republique. I prefer historical ships anyway.

[NLD23]
Players
27 posts
6,067 battles

Jean Bart. First 10 games I thought wow, nice. Haven't won a thing the next 20. 

Players
203 posts
2,672 battles

I loved my Buffalo but no matter what I do I could not win in that ship. Great ship but unlucky, didnt have heart to sell it.

1087881591_USSBuffaloColorized(1).jpg.e51f9f9ec580c44a065f184c8f30b9f9.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
560 posts
5 minutes ago, illy said:

Blunderer for me, wish i had gotten the Salem or Georgia instead, i suck so bad with it i am actually ashamed 

Exactly the same for me, even if I think I'm doing ok but the scores don't agree, I surround the target with shells but get like one hit, I know the ship is fine so it's got to be me :Smile_sad:

Players
467 posts
8,413 battles
2 hours ago, motor_g_b said:

Exactly the same for me, even if I think I'm doing ok but the scores don't agree, I surround the target with shells but get like one hit, I know the ship is fine so it's got to be me :Smile_sad:

i get the same dispersion, just can't get any consistency out of it at all, stopped playing it as it's not any fun to do so

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
278 posts

For me it's the HMS London. No matter what I do in operations, the bots nearly allways focus me. I'm starting to think she's bad luck.

Another ship that seems unlucky for me is the Västerås. I can fire torps from stealth, but few to none of the torps seems to ever hit their target. 

Players
217 posts
11,943 battles

Oh man, I have a list. Algerie, Iowa, Fletcher, of the top of my head.

But to balance it out things like the Ognevoi seems to work for me, even though on paper its worse than the Fletcher in just about every way. Just got the Izumo and that seems to be a good ship too....just weird.

Algerie was probably the hardest to get through, not sure why. The Charles afterwards seems a lot more effective, yet its only really a marginal upgrade overall.

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,941 battles

Currently: Hipper.

Players
40 posts
5,279 battles

i think everyone has good and bad days in any game....ship wise for me it is montana and kurfurst that switches between good and really crap battles. But as long as you can still have fun in them or with other ships, its all good...

[EJDER]
Players
436 posts
22,709 battles

Donskoy! I lose my confidence while playing with this ship :))

Players
203 posts
6,446 battles

Mogami, I just lose and lose and lose. When I do good, when I do bad, when i do Ok. And I have terrible RNG with fires in this ships. every rocket plane sets fires. 

[ADR-E]
Beta Tester
126 posts

w4NGbi7.jpg

rakXA4x.jpg

This was ALL day on that day, WG just decided i was not going to win at all, i got uttery curbstomped in EACH game, and in almost all of them i was in the top 2, i just could not pull out a win no matter what i tried

• Cool 2

[GW_KR]
Players
214 posts
11,898 battles
On 5/10/2020 at 1:47 PM, Wulf_Ace said:

I loved my Buffalo but no matter what I do I could not win in that ship. Great ship but unlucky, didnt have heart to sell it.

1087881591_USSBuffaloColorized(1).jpg.e51f9f9ec580c44a065f184c8f30b9f9.jpg

I know the feeling. I liked Baltimore, but Buffalo was like a big fat slow version of it but against t10 ships. And Buffalo is not nimble enough or powerful enough in my hands. 

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
214 posts
11,898 battles
14 hours ago, Gong_ER said:

Donskoy! I lose my confidence while playing with this ship :))

I hate this ship with a vengeance! It too big and slow and spotted from the moon! I am grinding it now to get xp for moskva but i sm seriously considering to sacrifice my fxp!!

Players
203 posts
2,672 battles
8 minutes ago, OldPappy said:

I know the feeling. I liked Baltimore, but Buffalo was like a big fat slow version of it but against t10 ships. And Buffalo is not nimble enough or powerful enough in my hands. 

Baltimore is amazing, also didnt sold him. Strong and nice AP shells. I am just missing in all this american cruiser RANGE. YOu have to get a bit closer to engage on the other hand you take shots. They are both ok,and the reward Des Moines at the end is worth it! ENjoying that ship. Beacouse of the Pepsicola and New ORleans almost quited that line.

Players
1,611 posts
18,156 battles

I'm certainly having one of those hopeless days today can't seem to get a win no matter what. Most battles 2/3 of the enemy team attack my flank where there are 2 of us defending the rest of our team seem to be taken apart in seconds despite over whelming numbers in their favour. Guess I'm not carrying hard enough will take today off and try again tomorrow. 

Players
131 posts
2 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

I'm certainly having one of those hopeless days today can't seem to get a win no matter what. Most battles 2/3 of the enemy team attack my flank where there are 2 of us defending the rest of our team seem to be taken apart in seconds despite over whelming numbers in their favour. Guess I'm not carrying hard enough will take today off and try again tomorrow. 

me too, excellent games with a stock ghadja BUT kept losing everyone of them (best 150k). I stopped playing now because in the end, making 4000 dmg, I got pummeled by a acasta with a Cleveland standing next to. That broke the camels back for me today.

Forgot to mention the Cleveland was in my team and not AFK

Edited by causalgamer
added info
  • Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,113 battles

It varies wildly... Seems to depend on the time of day really. I can do either well or poorly in any ship. BUT.... By Gods I cannnot win any games I play during afternooons - like ever and I just cannot understand that. Mornings before 12 noon = fine, evenings - fine also BUT come between 12.00 and 4pm and Holy Mother of Gobsmacked Nincompooperies it goes all Mad one-sided rolf-stomp time!!! I can still do well in games for myself but Holy Cow!  I just cannot land even a single win no matter how many I play, how I do, which tier or what ship I'm in during that time. Have pretty much stopped playing in afternoons, as it's no fun.:Smile_amazed::Smile-angry::Smile_ohmy::etc_swear:

image.png.b5ee2bbd1bd9e853e48a869608325a89.png

Sign in to follow this