Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnolfus

USN North Carolina deck armor

16 comments in this topic

[PN4VY]
Players
69 posts
2,428 battles

So with the IFHE changes, all light cruisers who pick IFHE penetrates 37mm.

The NC has exactly 37mm deck armor, while Iowa and onwards has 38mm.

I've heard talk about that they are going to bump it up to 38mm, but is there anywhere I can verify this? Contemplating getting permanent camo for the NC, but if it's going to be a HE damage pinata I'm not sure if I am going to play it that much beyond getting to Iowa and Montana at some point.

Players
9,887 posts
11,612 battles
29 minutes ago, Gnolfus said:

So with the IFHE changes, all light cruisers who pick IFHE penetrates 37mm.

The NC has exactly 37mm deck armor, while Iowa and onwards has 38mm.

I've heard talk about that they are going to bump it up to 38mm, but is there anywhere I can verify this? Contemplating getting permanent camo for the NC, but if it's going to be a HE damage pinata I'm not sure if I am going to play it that much beyond getting to Iowa and Montana at some point.

I'd say you will appreciate NC more after playing Iowa and Montana, because she isn't far off in terms of firepower, AA or protection while she can actually turn, compared to latter two.

• Cool 1

Players
8,116 posts
8,931 battles
4 hours ago, Panocek said:

I'd say you will appreciate NC more after playing Iowa and Montana, because she isn't far off in terms of firepower, AA or protection while she can actually turn, compared to latter two.

NC to me was the 700 m/s shell speed sadness inbetween Colorado and Iowa.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
1 hour ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

To be fair if you can get used to the MV they hit like a truck. Not called American Piercing shells for nothing.

• Cool 3

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

I assume Alabama will receive any similar buff if needed, likewise it’s speed of shot and angle of dangle (ark), wouldn’t beat a one legged tortoise.

[SHAD]
Players
2,487 posts
11,145 battles
4 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

I assume Alabama will receive any similar buff if needed, likewise it’s speed of shot and angle of dangle (ark), wouldn’t beat a one legged tortoise.

Poor Alabama, it really needs the buffed USN heal. 

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Bama’s been powercrept and tbh Massachusetts is the one they all want, even the North Carolina is seen by some as being better, Bama’s dispersion, heal and secondaries need a buff at the very least.

[CAIN]
Players
4,390 posts
18,540 battles
15 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Bama’s been powercrept and tbh Massachusetts is the one they all want, even the North Carolina is seen by some as being better, Bama’s dispersion, heal and secondaries need a buff at the very least.

This would turn NC OP compared to her peers, so no. 

38mm of deck armor should suffice for now. 

Players
6,826 posts
245 battles
12 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

If your good with aiming with georgia (i know shes accurate i just talking about shell lead), then can that translate to north carolina? since im at new mexy atm.

Players
8,116 posts
8,931 battles
11 hours ago, lafeel said:

To be fair if you can get used to the MV they hit like a truck. Not called American Piercing shells for nothing.

So do Colorado's guns, that have the same accuracy, but fly faster.

Spoiler

penetration3.thumb.png.17b81c567470aa60e3e567fbedf4a1c9.png

From LWM's Vanguard review.

Only thing the slow shell speed accomplishes is more pens at range if you hit the deck, but if you shoot at range, have fun with the slowest shells in the game. But in terms of just penetration, NC isn't even beating out the IJN 41 cm guns.

34 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

If your good with aiming with georgia (i know shes accurate i just talking about shell lead), then can that translate to north carolina? since im at new mexy atm.

Georgia has shell speed similar to pretty much Colorado, Iowa and Montana. NC is a notch slower.

• Cool 1

Players
6,826 posts
245 battles
34 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

So do Colorado's guns, that have the same accuracy, but fly faster.

Reveal hidden contents

penetration3.thumb.png.17b81c567470aa60e3e567fbedf4a1c9.png

From LWM's Vanguard review.

Only thing the slow shell speed accomplishes is more pens at range if you hit the deck, but if you shoot at range, have fun with the slowest shells in the game. But in terms of just penetration, NC isn't even beating out the IJN 41 cm guns.

Georgia has shell speed similar to pretty much Colorado, Iowa and Montana. NC is a notch slower.

Ahh i see, thats pretty helpful would a georgia play style work for NC or does she have her own style? Just wondering since im going up that line and don't want to be useless when i first get her.

Players
8,116 posts
8,931 battles
Just now, CptBarney said:

Ahh i see, thats pretty helpful would a georgia play style work for NC or does she have her own style? Just wondering since im going up that line and don't want to be useless when i first get her.

Georgia has fewer guns that overmatch things, is super fast with fast heal and secondaries. NC is more of a careful ship, which has a normal CD heal that repairs a lot though. You basically aren't going to tank as much burst damage, but over the course of a match you can tank more. You also won't get around as fast, but certainly faster than the ships at mid tier and low tier.

• Cool 1

Players
6,826 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Georgia has fewer guns that overmatch things, is super fast with fast heal and secondaries. NC is more of a careful ship, which has a normal CD heal that repairs a lot though. You basically aren't going to tank as much burst damage, but over the course of a match you can tank more. You also won't get around as fast, but certainly faster than the ships at mid tier and low tier.

Ahh i see, she seems more of a jack of all trades. Thats fine im usually a cautious player (not otherside of the map cautious), so she should be fine to handle, she seems more of a hit and run in the beginning then slowly building up your presence reminds me of the amx 50 100 too be honest.

Sign in to follow this