Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnirf

What is high number in spotting damage?

5 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
2,563 posts
40,635 battles

Played a Jutland game and we won comfortably without reflecting over any special good or bad play from myself, as usual solo. Suddenly near the end our Naptune thanked me for spotting, well always happy and I suddenly looked at my score and it was 199K. For me as a solo player I have seldom reached over 100. So I wonder what players in good divisions are consider good, 250? 350?.

I realized this benefited from me lying in front , no CVs and other players rather passive which played thae game as I and Neptune played very coordinated without actually planning it, more than I try to spot as best that I could.

So any idea? Sadly I did not have the mission in the Swirski campaign turned on.

jutland 199 k spotting dmg.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
9,805 posts
11,484 battles

Just like with normal damage, actual number is meaningless, what matters is to who said damage is done.

You can spend half the game farming BBs, inflating damage numbers, but it doesn't guarantee victory.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,563 posts
40,635 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Just like with normal damage, actual number is meaningless, what matters is to who said damage is done.

You can spend half the game farming BBs, inflating damage numbers, but it doesn't guarantee victory.

I think you have misunderstood the question. The spotting damage is relying on you spotting and noone else, I have seldom paid any attention to it as I try to do my job, but I have seldom seen that number as I do not play in divisions.

I always play to win, whether anyone is farming damage in my spotting is irrelevant, that is not what I ask for. I am just curious of the figure, is it a high number or is it nothing for a division/or other players.

As it is sometimes like now a requirement in tasks, but almost never before has it been in a single battle , normally just accumulated  through several battles = coming automatically after some games. 

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,569 posts
13,476 battles

I'd say 199k spotting in any class is excellent whether in division or not, and you did good keeping the spots up. 

My highest ever is 274,875. Solo, but in Audacious, not a DD. I don't know how to check my DD highest spotting.  

• Cool 1

Players
9,805 posts
11,484 battles
8 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I think you have misunderstood the question. The spotting damage is relying on you spotting and noone else, I have seldom paid any attention to it as I try to do my job, but I have seldom seen that number as I do not play in divisions.

I always play to win, whether anyone is farming damage in my spotting is irrelevant, that is not what I ask for. I am just curious of the figure, is it a high number or is it nothing for a division/or other players.

As it is sometimes like now a requirement in tasks, but almost never before has it been in a single battle , normally just accumulated  through several battles = coming automatically after some games. 

It is rare to get that high spotting value, because most players be like "I'm spotted anyway to lets fire them guns", therefore you don't get spotting damage accounted to you, as by firing their own guns they are probably spotted by other players as well.

Sign in to follow this