Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Malcolm_Tucker_II

Containers animation

26 comments in this topic

Players
137 posts
17,618 battles

Yeah, the animation when a container gets delivered is nice, but after the first dozen or so, it just gets old and takes too long. Especially because you don't get the animation in every port. Can we just get rid of the animation and deliver the container instantaneously? No disrespect to the VFX artist(s)....

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,870 battles

i would pay a monthly fee just to give me my reward instantly without any animations.

It was even worse before the "open all containers" button though....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
8,564 posts

Also, you don't have to manually open every one of them, as it makes no difference when you open the containers. The only thing you have to do manually is pick them up, unless you are satisfied with the default choice in which case you can let the game collect them automatically every day (wouldn't recommend this though).

[HOB]
1,900 posts
8,263 battles

When collecting next container, there is additional animation of hiding previous container.

And most of time is spent at collecting container, especially "try your luck" type. Hours of time lost per every year - it could be extra battles.

Even mod is not removing animation of getting container.

[ANV]
Players
604 posts
5,323 battles

It's dumb that you can't click the container to open it; both my daughters (not the target demographic) initially tried to click the container. 

Aren't items in most games opened by clicking them directly rather than a button at the side of the screen? 

• Cool 2

[B-ART]
Players
1 post
6,311 battles

as in the title - can you please give an option to swith it off? no disrespect to anyone but it really becoming annoying to see it for xxxx time, and its nothing new...  i had about a year of break from the game and its sad that this is still unresolved issue. i am paying for premium so i would like to have an option to turn it off.

• Cool 1

Players
4,548 posts
5,769 battles
17 minutes ago, DeDzwiggu said:

as in the title - can you please give an option to swith it off? no disrespect to anyone but it really becoming annoying to see it for xxxx time, and its nothing new...  i had about a year of break from the game and its sad that this is still unresolved issue. i am paying for premium so i would like to have an option to turn it off.

chate-spirit-fingers-not-as-cheerful-whe

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
491 posts
12,688 battles

lasting truth can not be resurrected...since never it died. Fancy animation, yet, I'll skip it

Beta Tester
3,747 posts
4,121 battles

I agree that we should have the option to turn off the container animation. When it comes to opening more than one container at a time, it would be reasonable to have this option as soon as there are two or more containers available. As it is, the all at once-option does not become available until there are three or more containers to open, which is just dumb. 

Yes, I get that this is probably deliberate on the part of WG as a subliminal incentive to make us go for the third container.

Hint: It's not working...

:fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts

There are a lot of problems with the container screen as it stands, possibly due to it being one of the older parts of the interface:

No way of skipping the animation is tedious (especially when I get 'awarded' another 'super' container and have to sit through an extra-long animation before unboxing the disappointment that has randomly replaced the resource I wanted to begin with).

The display/animations of the containers themselves are broken (opening one does not automatically load the next so you have to just remember what the next one is if you have some that you're not wanting to open right now; the display is frequently broken so that the container is only halfway out of the hatch or still inside and thus not visible; sometimes the screen has to zoom in on the container ship twice or more before it actually loads properly; etc.).

There is also no way of knowing which containers you have already until you open them, or at least until one is next in line to be opened (usually needs an exit and re-entry to the container screen to see what that is if you've opened another container beforehand, see above).

The screen needs an overhaul to make it more efficient and user-friendly. Unfortunately, anytime that's been attempted recently we've ended up with the world's dullest and greyest mobile-device UI implemented by someone with no appreciation for layout or ease of information access, so I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll get much better...

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
752 posts
13,400 battles

Those could really use a refresh yes.

- ability to skip the half broken animation

- ability to auto-select the type of your 1st, 2nd and 3rd container

- ability to see the stored containers sorted by type and open any number of them (instead of the latest only)

etc

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
3,186 posts
4,508 battles
33 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

@Excavatus 1 year inactive thread necroed

Just shows how effective WG is ... a year later and nothing changed ....

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,549 posts
14,900 battles
On 4/16/2021 at 5:39 PM, Hades_warrior said:

@Excavatus 1 year inactive thread necroed

you are right.. but some people thinks it is an issue :) still.. so they can have the topic. 

On 4/16/2021 at 6:13 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

Just shows how effective WG is ... a year later and nothing changed ....

May be it is because they have a NO Animation option for more than 3 containers, and other than that they don't think it is a game breaking problem to solve :) 

[LUZ1]
Players
2,242 posts
16,281 battles
4 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

you are right.. but some people thinks it is an issue :) still.. so they can have the topic. 

May be it is because they have a NO Animation option for more than 3 containers, and other than that they don't think it is a game breaking problem to solve :) 

Except WG does not resolve game breaking problems, it creates them because they think it will earn them moneh :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,549 posts
14,900 battles
58 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Except WG does not resolve game breaking problems, it creates them because they think it will earn them moneh :cap_cool:

aaaaand they are earning money :D

so we are doomed.. 

[LUZ1]
Players
2,242 posts
16,281 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

aaaaand they are earning money :D

so we are doomed.. 

If my life depended on them yes, I would be doomed. 

As it fortunately does not, I just give them no moneh and give my opinion about their nasty existence here on this forum. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
4,548 posts
5,769 battles
6 hours ago, Excavatus said:

So from now on that will be excuse to not close several years old threads, because there are people who think that xy subject is an issue? Oh good :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
2,371 posts
20,984 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Hades_warrior sagte:

So from now on that will be excuse to not close several years old threads, because there are people who think that xy subject is an issue? Oh good :Smile_trollface:

Funny, that it is you of all people that demands moderators to step in if something might be against forum rules.

OT: container animation screen is poorly coded and boring to watch; yet, compared to the deficiencies in the actual battles this one seems to be way down on the priority list. 

• Bad 1

Players
1,216 posts
10,159 battles
On 4/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, Procrastes said:

I agree that we should have the option to turn off the container animation. When it comes to opening more than one container at a time, it would be reasonable to have this option as soon as there are two or more containers available. As it is, the all at once-option does not become available until there are three or more containers to open, which is just dumb. 

Yes, I get that this is probably deliberate on the part of WG as a subliminal incentive to make us go for the third container.

Hint: It's not working...

:fish_palm:

And yet it is working. You* can't wait five seconds for the animation to play out, you want to know what's in there. WG $$$

*One, whoever. Not personally directed at anyone in particular.

Players
739 posts

FFS don't give WG an excuse to divert resources from bug fixes to animation ........ what am I saying, bug fixes already has no resources allocated.

Beta Tester
3,747 posts
4,121 battles
3 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

And yet it is working. You* can't wait five seconds for the animation to play out, you want to know what's in there. WG $$$

*One, whoever. Not personally directed at anyone in particular.

It is true that any slight delay to a computerized process is completely unbearable. Waiting for an e-mail that takes five extra seconds to arrive is agony, whereas a delay of five months for a letter from Bremerhafen to San Francisco 1871 would have been nothing to get upset about.

Truly, we live in strange aeons...

:fish_aqua:

• Cool 1

Players
2,220 posts
13,349 battles

Equally annoying as the animation is (1.) there is no preview of the next container if you open one and (2.) the open all container does not have a confirm click

Players
5,398 posts
24,445 battles

If You really need disabled animations, check this stand alone mod which i have done right now for current version of game. There is probably some time gain when opening containers (it's almost in no time anyway), but there is no movement to barge and no visible animations. If You try it, then post Your comments, i will publish it in mod section (will be in Aslain, maybe Modstation too).

no barge.zip

I am using similar thing in my port pack among other changes (by modifying different file) and from a few years this "problem" is not existent for me.

Sign in to follow this