Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

Are These VE Day Combat Missions For Perma-camo's?

25 comments in this topic

Players
584 posts
3,826 battles

Hi guys,

Just wondering about these final VE day combat mission rewards for the various nations. It looks clear that the 3 stage rewards are the consumable "single use" sort of camo's but is the final reward a permanent camo or even a camo at all?

Also, if it is a perma-camo

1. Any screenshot for what it looks like?

2. What values are applied to them i.e. 50% xp etc

I did take a look at the news and announcements hoping I would find the answers and scrolled my cursor over the rewards but neither had any information about it.

e2d2B5y.jpg

Players
10,358 posts
12,044 battles

Perma camos are mostly for premiums and then two out of three silver ships had separate perma camos available during earlier mission marathons. So, in terms of "getting value" that leaves Minsk, assuming you have perma camos for NO and Implacable.

• Cool 1

Players
584 posts
3,826 battles

Thanks guys I must be blind. 

Unfortunately and VERY ANNOYINGLY it looks like the perma-camo's are just for one specific ship from that nations. Why not just have it as 1 perma-camo set that can be applied to ANY ship from that nation ffs? Honestly WG it takes your devs to make something genuinely appealing and fun like a perma-camo and make a balls of the event and occasion as usual leaving the whole "why bother playing" feeling attached to all of these camo sets should players either not have that 1 particular ship or more common to not actually like playing that one particular ship. Some players will be happy its their favorite ships but I suspect the large majority of the playerbase will not like the ship, class or tier its featured on. Why didn't you just make it for ANY tier? Fine I get the class limited thing but why not any tier of choice for God sakes? It's just a stupid way of thinking honestly.  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Players
584 posts
3,826 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Perma camos are mostly for premiums and then two out of three silver ships had separate perma camos available during earlier mission marathons. So, in terms of "getting value" that leaves Minsk, assuming you have perma camos for NO and Implacable.

Ya so I see. Just dumb and typical WG thinking really, ruining what could have and should have been a fun event by idiotically thinking that limiting the perma-camo to one specific ship, and as you mention, a premium ship, might on some level influence a person to purchase that ship if they don't already have it. I highly doubt someone is going to buy a premium ship just to display some anniversary camo that's out of date this time next year and they may or may not even think looks good.

Besides, I have the Aigle and it already has perma-camo offering the same thing in fact all the premium ships do so it's just for the look which as mentioned... is questionable if better looking than the perma-camo it already has. Depends on the persons taste. Don't get me wrong, it's fine looking camo BUT, I would so much have loved to grind it, unlock it, and apply it to whatever favorite ship from each nation I have that doesn't have a perma-camo. Not to be sadly, total waste of time. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
10,358 posts
12,044 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Ya so I see. Just dumb and typical WG thinking really, ruining what could have and should have been a fun event by idiotically thinking that limiting the perma-camo to one specific ship, and as you mention, a premium ship, might on some level influence a person to purchase that ship if they don't already have it. I highly doubt someone is going to buy a premium ship just to display some anniversary camo that's out of date this time next year and they may or may not even think looks good.

Besides, I have the Aigle and it already has perma-camo offering the same thing in fact all the premium ships do so it's just for the look which as mentioned... is questionable if better looking than the perma-camo it already has. Depends on the persons taste. Don't get me wrong, it's fine looking camo BUT, I would so much have loved to grind it, unlock it, and apply it to whatever favorite ship from each nation I have that doesn't have a perma-camo. Not to be sadly, total waste of time. 

Those perma camos offered doesn't look like generic texture plastered over ship model, akin to expendable camos. So for that "quality" WG would have to create new texture from scratch for all ships, should VE camo work akin to Christmas one, which you could apply to ship of your choosing. Granted, that camo added christmas lights to your ship and then smeared some blue-ish paint, but still, it was work I don't think could be automated with adequate quality. 

• Cool 1

Players
584 posts
3,826 battles
22 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Those perma camos offered doesn't look like generic texture plastered over ship model, akin to expendable camos. So for that "quality" WG would have to create new texture from scratch for all ships, should VE camo work akin to Christmas one, which you could apply to ship of your choosing. Granted, that camo added christmas lights to your ship and then smeared some blue-ish paint, but still, it was work I don't think could be automated with adequate quality. 

It would have been nice to be able to apply it to my Furious and another to my Sinop and Normandie. Never mind, just feel it's a missed opportunity. WoT currently have a Road to Berlin PVE event for a free tier7 tank(albeit meh) and discounts on all tanks etc. Sure, WoWs has its things too at the moment but I thought these perma-camo's would have been a really nice event had they been for a players ship of choice and still just one per nation obviously. Not to be.

Players
1,060 posts

Seems like yet another event where no particular effort was expended, I can only imagine that just like for April Fools the majority of development resources are still being concentrated on subs and kept away from 'non-essentials'. Shame, because WoWs events used to be pretty impressive things (thinking about the Halloween Ops and so forth particularly)...

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

There was a camo for Minsk as well

Modder
5,268 posts
23,698 battles

Those camos are for aesthetics. Now my Bama looks much more interesting/aggresive. At least for me :-)

shot-20_05.09_17_50.34-0993.jpg.03ae3148f92eb60e7cbc50df3a68e262.jpg

• Cool 2

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
4 hours ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering about these final VE day combat mission rewards for the various nations. It looks clear that the 3 stage rewards are the consumable "single use" sort of camo's but is the final reward a permanent camo or even a camo at all?

Also, if it is a perma-camo

1. Any screenshot for what it looks like?

2. What values are applied to them i.e. 50% xp etc

I did take a look at the news and announcements hoping I would find the answers and scrolled my cursor over the rewards but neither had any information about it.

e2d2B5y.jpg

Yes,just do the directives for the ship you have or intend getting, but given premiums come with perma camo, this is for collectors, VEDay fans and anyone that likes the 75 camo.   It would’ve been better if it was like the PR Christmas camo; mountable on any Tier 8 ship.

Wheres the 15% discount ?,  (which is nothing given the monumental occasion of the 75th anniversary of THE greatest war, which saw the Reds lose millions and the Corona virus the greatest pandemic in a hundred years), I was aiming to get 2 premiums (Atago and Saipan), but given WG’s penny pinching got Bama’s  camo instead, glad to see WGs bean counters thinking about potential sales 😔.

• Cool 3

Players
3,083 posts

I like the Minsk camo but I dont have Minsk nor I enjoy Russian dds; The Aigle has a fantastic camo already, the CV is the one CV I don't like and NO I have a fantastic camo already and the ship is okaish. The others I didn't particularly checked as I dont like being told what to play or not. Fun first for me.

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
1 hour ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Those camos are for aesthetics. Now my Bama looks much more interesting/aggresive. At least for me :-)

shot-20_05.09_17_50.34-0993.jpg.03ae3148f92eb60e7cbc50df3a68e262.jpg

Mine has it too, bought my camo as player base is killing any chance of grinding it.

TBH all allied ships that existed should have been given the opportunity to get the camo, I.e Belfast, KGV, Kidd, etc,etc.  WG once again also failed to capitalise on the axis forces, for them VE is now seen as liberation.  Liberation day Camo ?.   You do have to wonder about WG !.

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
664 posts
11,720 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

There was a camo for Minsk as well

Yep. The nice black one similar to the Leningrad one.

Beta Tester
291 posts

I got the bundle, not worth it grinding my behind off for the cool looking VE perma camos.

And why such a grind WG??? It's VE day, so it should be easy missions, not super grindy. :fish_palm:

• Cool 3

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts

In all honesty amount of grind to be done in a week is really ridiculous, unless you dig deep into your special flags stash...

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
18 hours ago, Otowi said:

I got the bundle, not worth it grinding my behind off for the cool looking VE perma camos.

And why such a grind WG??? It's VE day, so it should be easy missions, not super grindy. :fish_palm:

It’s WG, here’s an event in dedication to an historical event that will never be replicated,  at the same time as a global pandemic that will also not be replicated for generations; get this Camo for selectively very few ships by grinding harder than you should need to or pay over a fiver for it, to replace another perma camo which gives exactly the same benefits.

Mind you by the time we get to the 100th VE celebrations, only Russia, Japan  and Germany would’ve fought world war 2,  the Soviet’s would’ve destroyed all German and Japanese capital ships, Russian Carriers would’ve won midway, and the good ole Russkies would’ve operated Atlantic and north cape convoys to help feed and cloth the helpless US and U.K.  

Btw in 2045 T20 Russian ships (80% of in game ships), will still be op, and WG staff will still deny the blatantly obvious !.

Beta Tester
291 posts

Well, I like the camos, and it fits Alabama really well. She looks really good in that camo.

Now if only the camo, or something close to it were available for the Yamato or Missouri....

Players
584 posts
3,826 battles
21 hours ago, Yedwy said:

In all honesty amount of grind to be done in a week is really ridiculous, unless you dig deep into your special flags stash...

The grind is a bit excessive for what it is but I wouldn't really mind it I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that they're just a camo specific to just one ship per nation. I happily play this game away regardless just because I find Ops a nice pass time so I would have loved if doing that during this memorial celebration was rewarded with some nice camo's for some of my favorite ships as a very nice bi-product for playing but as it stands, there's actually nothing else there to play for during this occasion and WG went to the trouble of compiling some interviews with real WW2 vets, creating this nice atmosphere and placing a lot of emphasis on the occasion so it feels a little bit of an anti-climax when I log into the game and find there's nothing really much about it or game modes for it, rewards etc. 

Thing is, WG devs went to the trouble to create an expandable camo specifically for the occasion as you can see in the screenshot(Which is utterly hideous btw lol) so would it have been any more trouble to make the nice perma-camo an option for all ships? Like I said already, the premium ships already come with a perma-camo offering the same buffs so any new ones are not really all that necessary however I'm sure we all have some favorite tech tree ships that a perma-camo like this would have been a really nice and welcome addition. So it's just disappointment more than anything really, seems like a missed opportunity but I can get over it. 

xZnntaM.jpg

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,745 posts
46,328 battles

Realistically you must choose 1 or 2 that you want as the third stage is base XP, first 2 if you have done that during weekend is tolerable with lots of flags but then.. will settle for 2, tops 3.

• Cool 2

Players
799 posts

A year ago? maybe half there was an easy mission to get Minsks perma camo for free. I think it was around the same time there was a Leningrad-siege themed perma camo for it also. New Orleans has a +cmdr exp perma camo in the 2nd anniversary collection and Audacious has on too from collections. Rest are for premium ships that come with a perma camo.

I guess the Minsk camos were easy to miss.

[BASIC]
Players
743 posts
21,519 battles

I choose doing Texas one, and that for Alabama and October Rev. There's no time for more, at least for me. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,745 posts
46,328 battles
On 5/10/2020 at 11:26 PM, koliber_1984 said:

I choose doing Texas one, and that for Alabama and October Rev. There's no time for more, at least for me. 

With one day to go, i have done the two RN ones and I probably get the US BB one for Alabama, no more I am way off a 4th that one not even second stage finished. Despite that I have played a lot. But I have permacamos for the premiums obviously so not so important. In hindsight I should have played differently, but I want to play not to different from normal. I play for fun so the prizetag vs effort is not worth it, but as i do not value them high I just ignore it.

I rather spend money on more ships than camos.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts

Bwtween my job and other stuff to play I didnt get any yet, migh get the bama one today if I really lean into it and dont get distracted a lot but thas all I have in sight

Sign in to follow this