You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePurpleSmurf

[Low Effort] Can you spot the start of the weekend?

18 comments in this topic

Players
1,498 posts
11,228 battles

It seems it's that time of a week again … not easy to farm points for Naval Battle as a solo player :(

Spoiler

FcQYMN6.jpg

I know i know… i'm just a blue-stat pleb so i have to learn to play and git gud. It's all my fault, teams are amazing. Nothing to see here, move along. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

I thought the weekend started when lockdown did, it’s permanent weekend and perma potato time.  Nice one WG !.

• Cool 5

[H_FAN]
Players
2,568 posts
40,831 battles
56 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

I thought the weekend started when lockdown did, it’s permanent weekend and perma potato time.  Nice one WG !.

Well that is the situation for all games at the moment....:fish_happy:

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,043 posts
10,639 battles

So... you can't find a team to carry you?

• Boring 2

Beta Tester
989 posts
15,735 battles
1 hour ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

It seems it's that time of a week again

1 hour ago, MadBadDave said:

I thought the weekend started when lockdown did, it’s permanent weekend and perma potato time

Nah, its 24/7 for over a year now, the quality of gameplay and the AI in this game droped significantly.

3 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Nor find a team i can carry... Tho i gave up on both long ago.

• Cool 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles

It seems it's that time of a week again … not easy to farm points for Naval Battle as a solo player :(

Reveal hidden contents

FcQYMN6.jpg

I know i know… i'm just a blue-stat pleb so i have to learn to play and git gud. It's all my fault, teams are amazing. Nothing to see here, move along. :Smile_hiding:

Occasionally you will get lose a streak, its inevitable at some point, just as when you get a huge win streak from time to time and you stomp enemy teams in 10+ match straight.

In the end it doesn't matter much, statistics will always balance it out...if you are above average player, you will have above average stats, doesn't matter if you get the occasional 10 loss streak.

And if you are bad player, then you will have bad stats, doesn't matter if you get the occasional 10 win streak.

Beta Tester
4,765 posts
19,873 battles
7 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

The level of incompetence of BB players in this game is something I got used too, but occasionally you stumble across truely special snowflakes:

Hide contents

shot-20_05.08_21_13.10-0620.thumb.jpg.44b409cdf2bb0dce58ad3496d270b5de.jpg

That Yamato is just doing what many people advise to not get CV'd: go for a blob.. in this case it's a small blob, but blobbing with the CV and it's superior AA abilities is finest kind micro blobbing IMHO

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
2,880 posts
16,291 battles

It seems it's that time of a week again …

Didnt weekend start when lockdown did? I'm not seeing any difference in play no matter the weekday any longer.

Last week 52% winrate, even worse when I tryhard (I clearly need to git even gud'er): 

image.thumb.png.29639f4b7bb04bdecc6dd6265b956189.png

Players
1,498 posts
11,228 battles
1 hour ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I don't need a team to carry me. What i need is a team that doesn't throw the game away in the first 4 minutes to give me time that i can carry them.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,436 posts
13,396 battles

This current state of affairs is enormously frustrating for the discerning sub-par player too; I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...etc.

When you suck (<waves>) you're very limited in scope to carry others noticeably, so you need a reasonable proportion of your team to be at least mediocre to have a chance. So, for example, the 39% WR Saipan I was unfortunate enough to have on my side last night - that did basically nothing, and didn't even move when the enemy team was bearing down on him - would have been hard for even a good player to counteract.

The after effect of all this on my WR lately could be summarised thusly:

image.thumb.png.660a19671f262f6533915c91fca21d26.png

Of course, over enough games, the effect ought to even out, but - dear gods - the last few days have been exasperating.

Sorry. Just needed to vent (even though, most of the time, I'm probably a cause for venting in others)...

Players
568 posts

"Friendly" CV somehow managed to deplane himself on the last 90 seconds of the game. Our side is slightly winning on points until this CV decides to rush out from cover and start a secondary fight with enemy's surviving Puerto Rico and Yoshino. Our CV was NOT a graf zeppelin....

*edit

Also :etc_swear: FDG, cant take it anymore! Time to free-exp her for the second time!

[SPURD]
Players
311 posts
3,375 battles

Trying to get the +200% first win XP bonus this weekend has been... harrowing

Like please don''t all die in 5 minutes I'm just trying to get some XP

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,765 posts
19,873 battles

Yeah, it's horrible...

My total (solo) winrate suffered terribly since February... it dropped drastically from 54.99 % (10th of Feb) to 54.87 % (today)

Fact though, it's a real roller coaster ride recently... one day winrate is down to 20%, the next it's 80%, without me playing any better or worse on average...

[CAIN]
Players
4,371 posts
18,477 battles
2 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Yeah, it's horrible...

My total (solo) winrate suffered terribly since February... it dropped drastically from 54.99 % (10th of Feb) to 54.87 % (today)

Fact though, it's a real roller coaster ride recently... one day winrate is down to 20%, the next it's 80%, without me playing any better or worse on average...

Yeah, noticed that too. 

The rofl stomps are increasing, and the games end so quickly, that carrying simply isn’t possible. 

Or it’s the other way around. 

You win so fast that you’ll end up with a shitty victory. 

As if people start a game, put their Ficus Benjaminus in the chair and go for a coffee. Or maybe they are just dumb and ignorant after all. 

There are two options to get quality games tho: either Div up, but even a unicum division can carry only so much and if the rest of the team dies in 5mins, you’re $hit out of luck. 

Option two: play coop. 

It’s refreshing to see bots  on my team, cause those are better then the average Lemming in randoms. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,765 posts
19,873 battles
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

It’s refreshing to see bots  on my team, cause those are better then the average Lemming in randoms.

CoOp isn't really an option for anything but doing stupid missions for me...

The way the enemy bots act is way too predictable and I'm up to the point of playing so recklessly, that I have problems to change back to more intelligent playing in random battles after a couple rounds in CoOp. Not that I would play that intelligent in random battles anyway, but...

In CoOp the only challenge is to sink more enemies faster than the rest of your team... with nearly absolutely accurate knowledge where those bots will go to / come from and how to reduce the chances to have them shooting at you...

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
243 posts
4,111 battles

Doing pretty well here, be it solo or in division. The obvious one-sided or unwinnable games happen, but overall I am doing more than fine. Thought it would be because of superior balans class but BBs also work fine.

If you want, we can play some T6 or T8 and share the magic, as long you dont mind CVs.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Why the hell do we play this game, you play well, and end up with sweet fa because total idiots let you down, it's all been said before, and gets no easier;  it's no surprise abuse is rife, just had 2 games in alabama, where surprise, surprise I finished top of the losing team, twice.    And we all know it's not just a one off, if the head of WG is happy with the state of play, they either don't play the game or don't give a toss.          Which goes a long way to explain why a poxy soviet navy that did sweet fa for 100 years has so many op paper ships  in game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  

[TFSB]
90 posts
1,900 battles

Thread closed - Nonconstructive, and does not contribute to discussions.

• Bad 3