You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptainCrumpet

WG more PVE Content

27 comments in this topic

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
12,607 battles
8 hours ago, CaptainCrumpet said:

Come on WG lets have more PVE Content which would give me a reason to pay for a Premium Account.

How about a competition for players to design their own scenarios/operations and the best one gets built and implemented, do this per tier level. Great way to get the community involved in helping support the development of the game system.

YES!!! Please  gib!!

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,837 battles

Especially harder content with rewards that are worth to be worked towards. Cosmetics or emblems exclusive to completing such content. 

• Cool 6

Players
710 posts

There's a lot of potential for Ops and new Co-op game modes, both of which are things that set WoWs apart from the common herd of online arena games. Really would love to see more attention and creativity put into PvE. Right now though, the resources are being put into subs and PvP content, so we might have to wait a while...

• Cool 4

[ADRIA]
Players
271 posts
12,253 battles

In their discord qa they said they aint planning to add more PvE content. Its useless to ask WG for actually good and new content in this game.

Q: "When will PvE mode and PvE player get attention again?"

A: "Currently we have no plans concerning PvE modes. Of course, we value these modes and players who like them, and we haven't completely refused to work on PvE modes. For now, however, we are more concentrated on working with PvP, improving it, implementing various new features and conducting experiments in this field. Of course we do not mind to improve PvE modes and make them more attractive, but, unfortunately, we can't simultaneously pay as much attention to them as to PvP modes for now."

WG-FrostVortex [RU]

• Angry 2

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
244 posts
8,143 battles

PvE players are usually treated like second-class players. Apparently PvP is considered the 'better' game mode. Most Twitch mission drops can only be completed in PvP game modes. Says enough about the love PvE players get.

• Cool 3

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

It's such a pity the WG have lost interest in PvE I used to love the variety of scenario battles available and it was a very welcome change from all the salt in randoms.

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
278 posts

Yeah, the operations, with the exception of the horrid and damned near unplayable Newport, are very nice, but have gotten a tad long in the tooth with so few in rotation.

Wish we would get the missing operations like Dynamo and Cherry Blossom back in rotation again.

WG did say the missing operations would return after the CV reeeeeework, but so far they have gone AWOL on us, wich is a bloody shame really.

• Cool 6

Players
31 posts

Even though they are concentrating on PVP I do not think we should give up on trying to persuade them to look at PVE, hard it maybe but impossible it is not.

• Cool 5

[I-J-N]
Players
4,133 posts

For most online games there's a need for both PvP and PvE modes, I don't see why WoWS should be an exception. This game used to have more varied PvE content in the past as we all know in the form of several operations. We need more operations than we currently have, more varied content both for PvE and PvP.

• Cool 2

Players
343 posts
2,097 battles

They need to fix their AI first...

image.thumb.png.8462b8a88a00de245af153ee781d6892.png

And yes, that is me desperately trying to push the Raptor off the island even though the AI is actually TURNING BACK ONTO IT! :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,133 posts
7 minutes ago, DeviousDave02 said:

And yes, that is me desperately trying to push the Raptor off the island even though the AI is actually TURNING BACK ONTO IT! :Smile_facepalm:

It shows the brilliance of WoWS AI. They are actually learning from human players the Magic of the Magnetic Rocks! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
31 posts
On 5/9/2020 at 3:15 PM, DeviousDave02 said:

Reminds me of my wife's driving :)

• Funny 2

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
On 5/9/2020 at 10:18 AM, Miki12345 said:

In their discord qa they said they aint planning to add more PvE content. Its useless to ask WG for actually good and new content in this game.

Q: "When will PvE mode and PvE player get attention again?"

A: "Currently we have no plans concerning PvE modes. Of course, we value these modes and players who like them, and we haven't completely refused to work on PvE modes. For now, however, we are more concentrated on working with PvP, improving it, implementing various new features and conducting experiments in this field. Of course we do not mind to improve PvE modes and make them more attractive, but, unfortunately, we can't simultaneously pay as much attention to them as to PvP modes for now."

WG-FrostVortex [RU]

The bold part is true, WeeGee worked hard to add more bugs and to sabotage Narai and Raptor.,  and they value so much the community they nerfed the credits and XP ...

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
6,278 posts
24,145 battles

Well the campaign of alienating OPS is rather obvious and despite the protestations of WG mainly through CM-s (this is not a jibe against them by any means as they can only relate the official mesaages) that this is not the case, it clearly is... Now as to why, well its not hard to deduce by extension that the intention to remove them entirely is the ultimate goal, however since the abrupt removal of still quite popular mode would be really bad PR move they first need to kill the popularity and thats what is done with EVERY move they make in regard to the OPS...

IMHO the OPS will likely be gone till the end of this year if not sooner...

• Cool 6

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,737 battles

WG have stated in the past that operations are not popular with the player base.

In order to make this true they have;

1) Removed a number of operations from the cycle due to the CV rework

2) Allowed the AI path finding bug (which seems to be related to the CV rework) to affect operations 

3) Nerfed the credits that could be earned on Narai

Someone at WG HQ is wondering what else they can do to really make operations not popular.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[ANV]
Players
549 posts
4,693 battles

I would actually pay for better PVE content; I'd certainly rather pay for it than yet more paper premiums.

I'm sure there are plenty of others who are the same 

• Cool 6

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
8 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

WG have stated in the past that operations are not popular with the player base.

In order to make this true they have;

1) Removed a number of operations from the cycle due to the CV rework

2) Allowed the AI path finding bug (which seems to be related to the CV rework) to affect operations 

3) Nerfed the credits that could be earned on Narai

Someone at WG HQ is wondering what else they can do to really make operations not popular.

In fact, they added new bugs on Raptor Op. - never saw Raptor slowing down on purpose in order to fail reaching exit point on purpose, like now, before....

Players
314 posts
3,605 battles
Le 09/05/2020 à 16:15, DeviousDave02 a dit :

Tried to do that with an Aigle, once.

WG add tugboats please - apparently given some behaviours in ops and random it is a much needed feature to put some ships back to work despite their wishes. 

Imagine in Random being able to push that BB back to frontline :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
12 minutes ago, bratisla_boy said:

Tried to do that with an Aigle, once.

WG add tugboats please - apparently given some behaviours in ops and random it is a much needed feature to put some ships back to work despite their wishes. 

Imagine in Random being able to push that BB back to frontline :Smile_trollface:

Tugboats AND a refuel auxiliary ship, because Raptor even pushed away on open sea is still unable to resume course - must have run out of diesel ! - so the game will end with a loss even with plenty of time on clock !

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,603 battles
25 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Tugboats AND a refuel auxiliary ship, because Raptor even pushed away on open sea is still unable to resume course - must have run out of diesel ! - so the game will end with a loss even with plenty of time on clock !

As intended Comrade, part of the plan to remove the last vestige of good PVE from the game.:cap_haloween:

Players must stop playing Operations or else we will get a counter-revolution when we switch them off. Bad for us Comrade. Da? 

(Also Comrade, it brings the realism of the fact that a Great Navy must deploy any ship with a tug and support ship, if she is to leave the Baltic. Da Comrade?)

:etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, Cambera_1 said:

(Also Comrade, it brings the realism of the fact that a Great Navy must deploy any ship with a tug and support ship, if she is to leave the Baltic. Da Comrade?)

So, long at the support ship is not the Kamchatka

Spoiler

For more detail on the fleet in which this ship took part there is this;

Spoiler

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,603 battles
57 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

So, long at the support ship is not the Kamchatka

Reveal hidden contents

For more detail on the fleet in which this ship took part there is this;

Reveal hidden contents

You don't have to look that far back in history... Like just in the last couple of years.

But then we, the RN, had some 'Blue Water' warships whose propulsion systems didn't like tropical water. :cap_old:

Players
31 posts

"The sea has changed. I feel it in the Water. I feel it in the Ocean. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember Operations".

It began with the forging of the great Operations. Three were given to the Wargaming Leaders, immortal, wisest and fairest of all Warship Players. Seven to the Developers, great players and thinkers of the Wargaming Halls. And nine, nine Operations were gifted to the race of Players, who above all else desired great Operations while playing with their keyboards. For within these Operations was bound the strength and will to teach players to Team.

But they were all of them deceived, for another Operations was made. Deep in the land of World of Warships, in the Fires of Mount Wargaming, the Dark Lord’s forged a master Operation in secret, and into this Operation they poured their hunger, desire and lots of bugs.

"One Operation to rule them all, One Operation to find them, One Operation to bring them all and in the darkness hide them”

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1