Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
raidenrse

Why VE camo on previous event ships ? WG

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[DAVY]
Players
21 posts
26,309 battles

Why is VE day all about previous event ships/premium and not one new tech tree ship that has never had a permo event camo ?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Anybody knows if the ships the camos are for played a special role regarding VE? Only thing I can think of is the Texas with her shelling on D-Day ... but apart from that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,064 posts
22 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Anybody knows if the ships the camos are for played a special role regarding VE? Only thing I can think of is the Texas with her shelling on D-Day ... but apart from that?

A quick wiki'ing of the first three ships as they appear on the combat missions screen (Implacable, Alabama and DOY) shows that they were in the wrong theatre at the time as all three had been transferred to the Pacific before VE Day. Apparently, Aigle had already been sunk.

 

To be honest, as a co--op player I'm not inclined to commit to multiple grinds that require 60k Commander XP as the first stage, with two further stages after that (all to be done in a week), to get camos ships that I don't actually own or really want (grinding towards New Orleans at the minute but that's about it); I imagine I'll just content myself with whatever odd camos come my way as a result of my regular play.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,360 posts
12,044 battles
52 minutes ago, raidenrse said:

Why is VE day all about previous event ships/premium and not one new tech tree ship that has never had a permo event camo ?

So freeloaders who got previous event camos don't get anything new for free. That would be my guess.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
506 posts
11,160 battles
48 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Anybody knows if the ships the camos are for played a special role regarding VE? Only thing I can think of is the Texas with her shelling on D-Day ... but apart from that?

HMS Duke of York sunk a German battleship, does that count?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,030 posts
22,321 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

So freeloaders who got previous event camos don't get anything new for free. That would be my guess.

The "more grind, less reward" principle in action.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,701 posts
15,193 battles
20 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Special camos for ships you dont see often in battle? WG trying to get people play these ships more?

I'd be slightly surprised if that would be massively effective - most are premiums and they all come with a permaflage with the same bonuses.

 

The NOLA cammo that someone posted on another thread (I think it was from an anniversary collection or something) gives different bonuses to the usual (+50% captain and free xp, but no regular xp bonus, from memory) - I would think doing something like that might increase sales?

 

Mind you, what do I know - I bought a couple of the 'dazzle' permaflages a while back, and I blatantly didn't need them...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
802 posts
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'd be slightly surprised if that would be massively effective - most are premiums and they all come with a permaflage with the same bonuses.

 

The NOLA cammo that someone posted on another thread (I think it was from an anniversary collection or something) gives different bonuses to the usual (+50% captain and free xp, but no regular xp bonus, from memory) - I would think doing something like that might increase sales?

 

Mind you, what do I know - I bought a couple of the 'dazzle' permaflages a while back, and I blatantly didn't need them...?

One might consider them if they had some difference to normal perma camo. Like the national camos for Graf Spee, Shinonome and Warspite.

Quite many premium ships have alternate/special camo. They are sometimes more expensive than that respective tiers camo price, but give the same bonuses..... I guess you really like the ship and the camo to get them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,701 posts
15,193 battles
33 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

One might consider them if they had some difference to normal perma camo. Like the national camos for Graf Spee, Shinonome and Warspite.

This.

 

I would have most likely been recumbent waterfowl if they'd done that with this latest round of cammo...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×