Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Measuperbia

Radar ships..... Balance??

70 comments in this topic

Players
57 posts
4,377 battles

1)Max radar range 9km.

2)Make it an incapacible/destroyable module(that needs repair party).

3)Limit matchmaker max 2 radar ships/each side per game.

4)Make it impossible to have more than 2 uses for all ships.

Just any one of these options would be a huge improvement to gameplay

I know this is probably a waste of time... But one can at least dream.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 4

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,725 battles

You can dream... 

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
26,238 posts
14,151 battles
19 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

1)Max radar range 9km.

1. No
  2. No
  3. No
  4. No!
  5. Just make sure we do not get anymore stealth radar ships
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[RONIN]
Players
227 posts
2,817 battles

While we complain about radars, they released even a DD with radar :D

• Funny 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,452 posts
13,458 battles
44 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

Translation: make life almost laughably easier for DDs (apart from CVs).

Whilst I would find such changes hilarious (DD main), there's about as much chance of it happening as there is of me voluntarily coating my joy department in raspberry jam and running neked through murder hornet territory wearing a big sign saying 'get it here'...

• Funny 4

[WGP2L]
Beta Tester
261 posts
2,770 battles

I know Radar and Especially CV are seen as the plague in this game, But lets not get it twisted. When there is no CV in the game and little to no Radar. DD's are incredibly difficult, to near impossible to deal with.

In low tier games DD's completely and totally dominate because they can just sit outside of detection range spamming torps with total impunity. In high tier games this isn't always possible, or risky to do, because of Radar and or CV. 

Radar was added to stop DD's, And smoke firing vessels dominating. I'm sure almost all DD players say they hate CV because he can damage the DD but the DD can do nothing against the CV, How do you think BB players feel when you can blast them apart with torps but they can do nothing in return? The dynamic is exactly the same but for some reason people dont like to admit it.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
160 posts
1 hour ago, Measuperbia said:

1)Max radar range 9km.

Great idea :Smile_honoring:

Players
71 posts
2,051 battles

I dont see a real balance issue with radar, but I do like the idea of your radar being damaged in the same way your torpedo launchers/turrets/engines etc can be. It would make sense as radar is a complex system

Players
2,616 posts
18,833 battles
21 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

I know Radar and Especially CV are seen as the plague in this game, But lets not get it twisted. When there is no CV in the game and little to no Radar. DD's are incredibly difficult, to near impossible to deal with.

In low tier games DD's completely and totally dominate because they can just sit outside of detection range spamming torps with total impunity. In high tier games this isn't always possible, or risky to do, because of Radar and or CV. 

Radar was added to stop DD's, And smoke firing vessels dominating. I'm sure almost all DD players say they hate CV because he can damage the DD but the DD can do nothing against the CV, How do you think BB players feel when you can blast them apart with torps but they can do nothing in return? The dynamic is exactly the same but for some reason people dont like to admit it.

Seen as a plague by some. Fixed that for you ;-) The dynamic is very different though.

The dynamic would be the same if DD's could detach their torpedo launchers and sail them at 2 km from the target and launch torpedoes at that range and when the launchers get shot they grow a new pair :cap_like:

• Cool 3

Players
6,350 posts
10,576 battles
39 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

I'm sure almost all DD players say they hate CV because he can damage the DD but the DD can do nothing against the CV, How do you think BB players feel when you can blast them apart with torps but they can do nothing in return? The dynamic is exactly the same.

No its not.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,452 posts
13,458 battles
52 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

I'm sure almost all DD players say they hate CV because he can damage the DD but the DD can do nothing against the CV, How do you think BB players feel when you can blast them apart with torps but they can do nothing in return?

I don't - it's the spotting abilities of CVs that I find most troublesome; the bulk of CVs struggle to do unreasonable amounts of damage to even a below-par DD.

How do BB players feel? I would hope they would feel duly chastised for making such poor life choices that brought them to this point (i.e. playing BBs)...?

:etc_hide_turtle:

• Funny 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,375 posts
18,512 battles
2 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

1)Max radar range 9km.

Not gonna happen.

Not gonna happen.

Not gonna happen.

Not gonna happen.

Yes.

Yes.

WG won't do that. Also, enjoy the gameplay while it lasts, cause next week we'll get RU wet-dream fantsay-designs who can stealth radar with RU Radar.

Enjoy, sincerely, your favoritest WG balans department.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
2 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

1)Max radar range 9km.

Nerf all cruiser / Missouri Radar to 10km, and buff all DD torps to 10Km. = Balance !.    Take lightning; 5.5km concealment, 8km Torps, often uptiered vs T10's (multiple Radar Ships and T10 cv's).  Not only is radar a problem but it's AA is woeful.    At least the Pan EU/Swedish DD's have good AA and Radar busting Torps.

How many new paper Russian Cruisers will have Radar ?.        

[LEEUW]
Players
2,278 posts
10,058 battles

There is an easy fix to this: play tier 5. Kamikaze says hello! 

1 hour ago, Riggerby said:

How do you think BB players feel when you can blast them apart with torps but they can do nothing in return? The dynamic is exactly the same but for some reason people dont like to admit it.

Except that the DD has to risk his ship getting spotted and blown to pieces in order to get his peedz in the water from the right angle. And he can attack once before having to reload like 2 mins. And the only thing the BB has to do in order to take less damage is not straight line like a total potato.

A cv? Can strike up to three times in the time frame of 1 minute. And how long does it take him to send the next squadron? One, maybe two, minutes max if he is on the other side of the map? And what can the target do to avoid dmg? Just dodge? Sit next to a friendly that might or might not be in range on time?

Its the feeling of powerlessness that fills people with rage when they're under attack from a cv. As if you're in a fistfight with your hands tied behind your back.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[TNEMP]
Players
330 posts
2,479 battles
11 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG won't do that. Also, enjoy the gameplay while it lasts, cause next week we'll get RU wet-dream fantsay-designs who can stealth radar with RU Radar.

Enjoy, sincerely, your favoritest WG balans department.

I might be wrong here, but that radar only lasts for 10 or 15 seconds, right?

Anyway, I do agree that DDs need a good counter, on the other hand, seeing 4 or more radar ships in a game when in a DD really blows.

I'm not the best of players or anything and have very little experience in ranked, but recently when I tried some ranked games in my Daring, I just can't find any good role to fill when the enemy has parked 2 US and 2 Soviet radars behind island cover near the middle zone (which happens a lot).

In a regular game with 3 caps, there are at least other options to pursue if the enemy brought all radars to one cap.

Switched to my Henri IV instead now, and at least I'm feeling that I have some impact on the game in that by slinging HE at said radar campers.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,834 posts
15,826 battles
1 hour ago, Riggerby said:

How do you think BB players feel when you can blast them apart with torps but they can do nothing in return? The dynamic is exactly the same but for some reason people dont like to admit it.

Stop sailing in a straight line, maybe? 

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

While we complain about radars, they released even a DD with radar :D

There have been DDs with radar for ages. It's not much use, though - 7.5k range at the most. I've not really seen anyone use it. 

• Cool 1

Players
71 posts
2,051 battles
9 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

I might be wrong here, but that radar only lasts for 10 or 15 seconds, right?

It's more 20-25 seconds but I agree it isnt that long and I would rather face a 25 second radar on a cruisee with big heavy russian guns (#smolenskneedsradar) than nearly a minute of american small caliber machine guns.

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,471 battles

Git gud....

Learn the radar range, duration and map awareness.

US & UK mostly 10k & long duration

USSR. mostly 12k & short duration

DDs 7.5k & short duration

Radar cruisers are yum yum food for BBs so they like to hide behind a rock within radar range of a cap, so try to stay away from these rocks until he's used his radar then try and cap.

If you have a CV, Keep an eye on what your CV spots to learn those pecky radar ships location and direction of travel, heading towards a rock!!! Enough said.

Radar cruisers are easy to work against, Pan EU & Pan Asia DD radar is more brutal as your not expecting it and get focused by other ships, again try to be cautious until you know of these ships location.

Players
2,884 posts
16,293 battles
4 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

1)Max radar range 9km.

A much bigger improvement to gameplay than all of those together: Remove CVs :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,471 battles
13 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

A much bigger improvement to gameplay than all of those together: Remove CVs :Smile_trollface:

Why there's a CV on both sides, all down to whose got the better CV player but that is the same for all ship classes.

As a DD main I see a CVs spotting early game gives me a heads up to what I'm expecting at the cap and how to plan my attack, you see a CV as a bain I see them as an advantage. 

As to the enemy CV he can't be everywhere at once so if he's focusing on you, your other DDs are hopefully going there job and getting an advantage on the game. 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,556 posts
8,858 battles
3 minutes ago, martin035 said:

Why there's a CV on both sides, all down to whose got the better CV player but that is the same for all ship classes.

With that logic, you can defend anything... give both teams an a-bomb which kills all ships, its not unfair, both teams have one.
Just to make a point ofc.

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
3 hours ago, Riggerby said:

I agree, but radar+CV is pain for DDs. Especially in my case, when I play my IJN dds with 12 km range torps and the enemy has 12 km range radar :-/

I wish they would buff the range to 13.5 km

[LSCA]
Players
1,049 posts
9,039 battles
4 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

sure, but then they increase the radar limit from 4 to 8, for make it balance :cap_haloween:

Players
2,884 posts
16,293 battles
8 minutes ago, martin035 said:

As a DD main I see a CVs spotting early game gives me a heads up to what I'm expecting at the cap and how to plan my attack, you see a CV as a bain I see them as an advantage. 

As to the enemy CV he can't be everywhere at once so if he's focusing on you, your other DDs are hopefully going there job and getting an advantage on the game. 

1. As has been said, with that logic you can justify any broken mechanic

2. What other DDs? Single DD games are common. Also enjoy being literally useless while CV can still be useful while striking you at the same time.

3. Derailing topic by mention of CV: successful :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,471 battles
58 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

1. As has been said, with that logic you can justify any broken mechanic

2. What other DDs? Single DD games are common. Also enjoy being literally useless while CV can still be useful while striking you at the same time.

3. Derailing topic by mention of CV: successful :cap_cool:

1. Aye true only have to see the broken matchmaker giving 3 radar ships on one side and 1 to the other but CVs are always equal just the player skill different.

2. Hate it when that happens, your team shouting DD Cap and you know soon as you go in the cap the CV knows where you are.

3. Guilty but not my intent sry 

Sign in to follow this