You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FrostVortex_

ST, Hamburg dockyard

63 comments in this topic

WG Staff
12 posts

Read more here

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,458 posts
11,004 battles

Suddenly it makes sense that the Odin was nerfed so hard

• Cool 5

[NCDF]
Players
137 posts
4,557 battles

What's the deal with some directive missions having 2 options to complete. Do we have the choice to do one of both, or is it just not decided yet which one will make it to the final version?

[1701]
Players
108 posts
12,996 battles

EDIT: Nevermind. I apparently can't read :-D

Looks at first glance like a good event. If completing Graf Spee is relatively easy for most players, that is great. 

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,239 battles

Can you make two additional stages to get Odin's unnerfed hp pool? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 8

Players
1,381 posts
5,980 battles

What interests me a new shipyard event with Fantasy Odin? I thought there was finally news about Siegfried and this German Battleship for coal ...

Players
2,878 posts
16,265 battles

Like it, provided the directives are actually possible to do without playing 8 hours a day (especially for the Graf Spee).

Also like that players will be able to earn Graf Spee a 2nd time.

What do players who already have Graf Spee in port get?

At least WG is being honest about the doubloon price (which BETTER not change by any factors of 10 this time)

Considering WGs track record, I'll believe it when I see it :cap_wander:

Players
2,878 posts
16,265 battles

ST, HAMBURG DOCKYARD

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

The main feature of Update 0.9.5 is the Hamburg Dockyard, where players will be able to see the construction of two German ships at once: Admiral Graf Spee and Odin.

phpbENnkh

phpeLOfIH

The Dockyard rules have been simplified since the previous iteration:

• Ship construction at the Dockyard will consist of 20 construction levels, which you can advance through by completing Directives or spending Doubloons.
  • The reward is Admiral Graf Spee in a "Parade" camouflage. The ship becomes available when reaching construction level 10.
  • You can reach construction level 18 out of 20 just by completing Directives.
  • Levels 19 and 20 are reachable only by spending Doubloons.
  • The price of one level of Dockyard will be 1750 doubloons.

Thus obtaining of Odin is quite similar to the Cossack marathon: by completing the Directives you'll get Admiral Graf Spee and various other rewards from the Dockyard, and you'll also get a massive discount for Odin and her "Parade" camouflage, which sit at level 20.phpNCGFIK

phpcDhgbc

Directives will be available during Updates 0.9.5-0.9.6. The first one will become available with the release of Update 0.9.5. Access to the subsequent directives will be unlocked each week.

List of Directives

• Cool 1

Players
329 posts
5,396 battles
Vor 36 Minuten, Echo_519 sagte:

What's the deal with some directive missions having 2 options to complete. Do we have the choice to do one of both, or is it just not decided yet which one will make it to the final version?

You will have the choice which one of the options you want to complete. Both options will let you finish the mission.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,751 posts
26,537 battles
38 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

What do players who already have Graf Spee in port get?

They will get a captain, camo and credit compensation, no doubloons.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BIF]
Players
308 posts
4,573 battles
22 minutes ago, fumtu said:

They will get a captain, camo and credit compensation, no doubloons.

So bonus dubloons for duplicate Spee cannot be used to buy the last two misson, making Odin fully free to grind. I think there was an old event where the Spee was reward, so probably many F2P players have her too. A way to " encourage " F2p players to buy dubs if they want the Odin.

Or i just left my tinfoil hat on my head again..........

• Cool 2

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
12,425 battles

Well, on the positive side, it seems that this time WG actually learned something out of past mistakes. So...that's definitively good. Also, I see a kind of genuine interest, as to NOT alienate the playerbase. They actually offered apologies for the other "event" which is a step in the right direction.

Other than this... it is a matter of personal decision on how and why to do, or not the directives. After all Wg IS a company, which has to pay its employees. 

I personally feel generally favourable. But we shall see.

Players
142 posts
6,449 battles

Well, Grind looks reasonable so yay something nice. But for whales that like to pay 35 k doubloon i have to say this don't! Odin is underpowered T8 BB with T5 health, mediocre secondary and main guns. So just grind it. 2 months grind time looks nice aswell i think. Rewards are still nice aswell and Parade camo looks awesome better than that PR camo for sure. Well i will try getting Odin (Because that camo looks so nice) since i have bunch of saved money for doubloons right now. But for real we need lot more camos like that Parade camo.

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
353 posts
16,518 battles
2 hours ago, _FrostVortex_ said:

Read more here

@_FrostVortex_ have you not learned from the PR failur or have WG again been drinking vodka again or is it @Sub_Octavian been at it again ??

• Cool 1

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
353 posts
16,518 battles
2 hours ago, Steel_duck_1 said:

EDIT: Nevermind. I apparently can't read :-D

Looks at first glance like a good event. If completing Graf Spee is relatively easy for most players, that is great. 

Well what you get is a ship that is heavly nerfed so i wont spend any doubloons on it

• Cool 2

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
353 posts
16,518 battles
1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well, on the positive side, it seems that this time WG actually learned something out of past mistakes. So...that's definitively good. Also, I see a kind of genuine interest, as to NOT alienate the playerbase. They actually offered apologies for the other "event" which is a step in the right direction.

Other than this... it is a matter of personal decision on how and why to do, or not the directives. After all Wg IS a company, which has to pay its employees. 

Well @Andrewbassg would you pay 3500 doubloons for a ship that has been dadly nerded ?? I wont so they have not learned from the PR failur.

• Cool 1

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
353 posts
16,518 battles
1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

The apologi that @Sub_Octavian came with was not a apologi it was a smoke screen no more no less @Andrewbassg

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
12,425 battles
3 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

Well @Andrewbassg would you pay 3500 doubloons for a ship that has been dadly nerded ?? I wont so they have not learned from the PR failur.

Be sure that I'm VERY vocal about Wg's misgivings. What I see positive is how they handle the event. The ship itself was reviewed ( a number of times, by a number of CC's) and everybody now know what its worth.

But this is after all a personal decision. I actually have the Tatra in my port. It is K u K. Does it worth a port slot? For me yes because it is K.u K, even if I'm not playing it.Who else does have her in their port just sitting there?

We all know that probably Kongo is a better ship than Odin. And it is a T5.What else remain to be said ?  

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,458 posts
11,004 battles

The grind is not too bad but the end prize looks week. They might still be balancing it but we know, with the Germans, the balancing only goes one way!

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
12,425 battles
13 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

The apologi that @Sub_Octavian came with was not a apologi it was a smoke screen no more no less @Andrewbassg

Oh, don't get me started on THAT "subject" :) I'm now actually chat banned coz I like to curse when taken out by Cv's. But I actually watched the stream and...those who were speaking appeared.... genuine.My 2 cents.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
353 posts
16,518 battles
18 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Be sure that I'm VERY vocal about Wg's misgivings. What I see positive is how they handle the event. The ship itself was reviewed ( a number of times, by a number of CC's) and everybody now know what its worth.

But this is after all a personal decision. I actually have the Tatra in my port. It is K u K. Does it worth a port slot? For me yes because it is K.u K, even if I'm not playing it.Who else does have her in their port just sitting there?

We all know that probably Kongo is a better ship than Odin. And it is a T5.What else remain to be said ?  

Well again what the Devblock have put up is as they say subject to changes during to test so i have no hope for the better 

[1701]
Players
108 posts
12,996 battles
2 hours ago, Cammo1962 said:

Well what you get is a ship that is heavly nerfed so i wont spend any doubloons on it

Yeah I absolutely will not spend doubloons on it, and I will also try to actually see the sun this summer. If that still ends with me getting to watch Graf Spee being built after just playing a normal amount, that tells me WG did a lot better than what we saw during christmass. If other people want to pay Doubloons for Odin, at least this time they know the cost up front unlike with PR

• Cool 3

Players
8,061 posts
8,901 battles

Honestly, the directives and mechanics are fine. Most of this is great and little reason to complain. Given one can get this done pretty effortlessly, it's really nothing to complain too much about. The free ship, Graf Spee, well, many already have it, but it's literally free, so well, not like you pay anything and those who don't own it yet, it's an ok ship. The two issues that are debatable are the main reward being a ship that frankly sucks and the 90% discount that is being brought up being in comparison to a highly inflated 35k doubloon cost, not the realistic doubloon cost of a T8. Compared to buying other T8 BBs for doubloons, you save more like 3/4. Which is still nice, but just not the 90%. So, overall, ok event. Discount is a bit misleading, but would still be a good offer, if the ship wasn't really questionable. But hey, worst case, you just don't care, get a free Graf Spee.

• Cool 3

Players
56 posts
6,315 battles
5 hours ago, _FrostVortex_ said:

Read more here

Aye,  this [edited]can of worms again... 

Players
1,070 posts
12,525 battles

3.5k Doubloons is a very cheap price for a T8 BB even a heavily nerfed one...

Much better WG cause the visuals for the previous event were great, just everything else was the peak of stupidity, looks like they learned from the backlash last time.

Good job taking the feedback on board! :cap_like: