You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lefthandjurk

Turning Pink by someone else ramming you causing damage to You :=)

9 comments in this topic

Players
26 posts
13,271 battles

Best one yet  a Person  ramming  me  causing  damage  to  me dies and I  turn Pink  . I  will post on  youtube the photos     :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

6,031 posts
10,428 battles

1. When two ships collide you see in the chat box whom is considered ramming whom by the system. Sometimes it's aligning with what you see, sometimes it doesn't. It's pretty hard for an automated system to recognize whom is at fault here. Sometimes that means, you'll be the "scapegoat" because a friendly who is about to die, scratches you before he dies and sinks while in contact with your hull.

2. What Yosha said. If it's your first offense ever regarding team damage/killing. Two or three battles in pink should be enough to wear the colour off (can be done in CoOp as well).

3. If you really want to see a bad "collision detection system" check out Gran Turismo Sport ... compared to that WG's collision detection system is actually pretty decent.

• Cool 3

Players
71 posts
2,021 battles

I got red because I quit a game which was me +11 bots versus 12 bots. Sometimes it seems stupid but 3 games (that can be coop if red really shames you) and it is gone 

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
278 posts

Yup, the collision detection is a bit pants at times.

Got rammed by a friendly Tirpitz in a DD, he was going full tilt, t-boned me, and I got pink status. How that was considered my fault will remain a mystery, since the guy was going full tilt, and was not shooting at anyone, and I used my horn to warn him....

Yeah, that felt unfair.

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles

The game doesn't know who is at fault in a friendly ramming situation, so it holds both responsible. I'm fairly certain it's not easy to program the game to accurately recognise who's at fault and absolutely certain it's beyond WG's competence.

That said, I've heard that just ramming friendlies doesn't cause any penalties beyond a few credits and xp in the results screen. Players have also reported (with video) getting rid of pink status in games where they rammed friendlies. So I'm not sure what's actually true.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles
4 hours ago, Runegrem said:

That said, I've heard that just ramming friendlies doesn't cause any penalties beyond a few credits and xp in the results screen.

I'm fairly sure that if the ship that you hit (or hits you) is on low enough HP and is destroyed then the penalties seem to be more than if the ships did the same damage but survived (I've accidentally shot ships with my guns and killed them with very low HP).

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,823 posts
15,706 battles
14 hours ago, Captain_Campbell said:

I got red because I quit a game which was me +11 bots versus 12 bots. Sometimes it seems stupid but 3 games (that can be coop if red really shames you) and it is gone 

No need. If you are the only human player in a game and you die, and you leave the game and return to port.... the game will be a draw.