You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

WG should reduce Yamato's citadel

80 comments in this topic

Players
3,150 posts
4,769 battles

Im sure that many of you old players like me remember about 3 years ago how WG was reducing citadels on US BB's (Iowa, Missouri and Montana) to be more tanky and not glass cannons on high tier battles.

I believe that this same rework is needed for Yamato as well. Especially since Yamato have only good guns and nothing else (not to mention he is also slow ship).

This buff is needed considering that other TX BB's are now in a great positions. Montana got few buffs, Kurfurst got better secondarys, Republique was great as it have all good, but Yamato feels like he stuck far behind.

We should have more reason and motivations to play Yamato, especially when there is also and Kremlin in the game which is more or less better Yamato (because of much better armor and similar guns).

Considering all those TX BB's that we have now in the game, there is really not much joy to play Yamato anymore. He need some love.

Anyone else agree?

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Beta Tester
41 posts
5,209 battles

mehhh... Don't think you should give the Yamato a invincible citadel. I mean a lot of tier X BB's have a citadel below the waterline. Also Yamato is one of the few (if not the only one) BB's to actually sail. So why change a ship that existed in real life with it's specific features? By editing the citadel you're going to make this thing pretty unrealistic. 

But I think Yamato is a little bit power creeped. (Still) the only BB to have the 460 to overmatch other bb's their nose armor. So it should get some buffs but changing the citadel would kill this ship in historical perspective wich I am not a huge fan of. 

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
9 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Anyone else agree?

No.

If she is underperforming, she should be improved in other areas. Rewarding to show broadside is a bad idea.

Players
3,150 posts
4,769 battles
2 minutes ago, Angelus_Inferos said:

mehhh... Don't think you should give the Yamato a invincible citadel. I mean a lot of tier X BB's have a citadel below the waterline. Also Yamato is one of the few (if not the only one) BB's to actually sail. So why change a ship that existed in real life with it's specific features? By editing the citadel you're going to make this thing pretty unrealistic. 

But I think Yamato is a little bit power creeped. (Still) the only BB to have the 460 to overmatch other bb's their nose armor. So it should get some buffs but changing the citadel would kill this ship in historical perspective wich I am not a huge fan of. 

I dont think that Yamato's higher citadel have anything to do with history.

Yamato have 460 mm guns in stats, but Kremlin outplays him easy.

• Cool 2

Players
3,150 posts
4,769 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

No.

If she is underperforming, she should be improved in other areas. Rewarding to show broadside is a bad idea.

Well thats not the case with Kremlin who is the king of OP ship in this game.

Players
8,114 posts
8,919 battles
11 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

We should have more reason and motivations to play Yamato, especially when there is also and Kremlin in the game which is more or less better Yamato (because of much better armor and similar guns).

3 mm make a lot of difference. These two guns are not that "similar", there are very significant differences.

[JRM]
Players
6,303 posts
24,191 battles

They should just lower tbe entire ship in the water to Kremlin levels to actually simulate full load, same might be the case for some of the other BBs in game

• Cool 7

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
15 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Well thats not the case with Kremlin who is the king of OP ship in this game.

You can punish a Kremlins broadside. That does not change the fact that she needs to be tuned down.

Kremlin is probably one of the main reasons Yamato looks worse than last year.

Players
3,150 posts
4,769 battles
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You can punish a Kremlins broadside.

Thats not the case from what I saw on streams with Kremlin gameplay. He is 0 skill ship for real.

Someasshole with kremlin stuck into my Republique, ofc I got killed because I was stuck and unable to move away.

But whatever... I'm gonna uninstal this game again anyway. Im to tired of this MM cancer.

maybe I try again in another few years.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
3 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Someasshole with kremlin stuck into my Republique, ofc I got killed because I was stuck and unable to move away.

But whatever... I'm gonna uninstal this game again anyway. Im to tired of this MM cancer.

And what has this to do with with Kremlins side armor? :Smile_unsure:

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles

I think Yamato is fine, it just has a higher skill floor than the Kremlin. And Yamatos 460mm guns are still unique with the 32mm overmatch, regardless how accurate Thunderer/Kremlin/Ohio are.

I prefer playing Yamato over Kremlin, it atleast hits where i aim.

• Cool 3

Players
2,606 posts
18,805 battles

I think every other BB's citadel should be made more vulnourable. Too many damage sponges without weak points around currently.

• Cool 7

Players
3,150 posts
4,769 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And what has this to do with with Kremlins side armor? :Smile_unsure:

It have in the way - I stop care about this game anyway.

And it makes no logic if you think that Yamato doesn't need any buff and yet you are aware how powerful kremilin is agains Yamato. Which makes Yamato poor ship now next to buffed Montana, Kurfurst, even Republique with lack of better armor.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
4 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

And it makes no logic if you think that Yamato doesn't need any buff and yet you are aware how powerful kremilin is agains Yamato. Which makes Yamato poor ship now next to buffed Montana, Kurfurst, even Republique with lack of better armor.

• I did not say that
  • I explained to you why it is better to tune down Kremlin

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

ALL other nations T10 have more tools than IJN - germans got the best hydro AND sec., russians got laser guns with best pen AND tankines, murica got lower cit. AND best AA, but like always, IJN is the black sheep og WeeeGeee.... so Yammy is forgotten there in a black room...

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
1 minute ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

ALL other nations T10 have more tools than IJN - germans got the best hydro AND sec., russians got laser guns with best pen AND tankines, murica got lower cit. AND best AA, but like always, IJN is the black sheep og WeeeGeee.... so Yammy is forgotten there in a black room...

She is just the overmatching Queen...

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
717 posts
13,907 battles
24 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Thats not the case from what I saw on streams with Kremlin gameplay. He is 0 skill ship for real.

So the fact that you got yourself stuck, makes the Kremlin overpowered and the player an [edited].......maybe the problem sits between the chair and the keyboard?

And the Yamato seems fine in my opinion, you just need to avoid brawling with her, that's not her strong point. 

• Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
26 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

15 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Yamato is not a bad ship. If its not for you, then there are enough option to play one that suits you. Quite frankly, if you want to play Yamato (because its Yamato) and make her work, you have to "git gud".

One can not simply demand, that any ship suits everyones playstyle.

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She is just the overmatching Queen...

And THE worst equipped, atm, to deal with hundreds of HE spammers WeeGeee love to introduce each patch, AND the worst equipped to deal with hypersonic torps WeeGee added lately ( no hydro, no radar...)

Did I mention she has also the worst AA on all t10 bbs ?.... not because that make any difference in the game right now...

And that title of "overwatching queen" will become also an empty concept with the introduction of her bigger sister, Yashima, with MORE AA also...  so what is there in for Yamato ?! Nothing especial, Yashima will send Yamato on the corner...

Not to say Yamato is bad, but with each patch she become more and more neglected, when other nations enjoy buff after buff... And Yashima will be the last nail in the coffin.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
10 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

And THE worst equipped, atm, to deal with hundreds of HE spammers WeeGeee love to introduce each patch, AND the worst equipped to deal with hypersonic torps WeeGee added lately ( no hydro, no radar...)

Did I mention she has also the worst AA on all t10 bbs ?.... not because that make any difference in the game right now...

• As you said yourself, AA does not make a difference
  • EU torps are not really a big problem and only ONE BB line has Hydro :Smile_smile:
  • when you complain about HE spammers, I suggest to ask the FR and US BB how they deal with them, Yamato is hardly the worst off, stop being immobile!
  • Cool 2

Players
3,150 posts
4,769 battles
38 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • I did not say that
  • I explained to you why it is better to tune down Kremlin

I didn't saw you said to tune down krem.

But even that wouldn't be enough.

33 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

ALL other nations T10 have more tools than IJN - germans got the best hydro AND sec

Germans also have good main guns. Kurfurst can deal some nice damage. And he have great armor and secondarys (and hydro).

17 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

maybe the problem sits between the chair and the keyboard?

And the Yamato seems fine in my opinion, you just need to avoid brawling with her, that's not her strong point. 

I bet that says every pleb in this game who usualy like to hug borders and have full HP for entire battle.

With Yamato you need to avoid anything now, not just brawling. If you push, you get burned to the ground, if you camp, sooner or later someone gonna see your broadside and give you some gifts. Novadays in this game there is not much good situations to play it.

13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yamato is not a bad ship. If its not for you, then there are enough option to play one that suits you. Quite frankly, if you want to play Yamato (because its Yamato) and make her work, you have to "git gud".

One can not simply demand, that any ship suits everyones playstyle.

So in the lack of balance in this game you gonna say to everyone who dare to suggest some tweaks - ''git gud''?

Why to balance ships or nerf some specific russian one when you can tell to other player ''try harder''.

Nice...

1 hour ago, lossi_2018 said:

Yami needs a buff. Any buff :fish_book:

Yap. And dont get me wrong, I like Yamato guns but with other choices in TX now, I really dont see why to play it.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,652 battles

Dont think the Citadel needs to be lowered.

Yamato is not really weak in that anyways.

But what they should maybe change is the Cheek.

The Cheek results from WGs Penetration Systems and Tier/Class Dependent Armor changes.

So here the should be some Adjustment so that at least Heavy Cruisers cant Citadel the Cheek anymore.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
995 posts
15,746 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

I believe that this same rework is needed for Yamato as well

No, the other BB should have their citadel rased back up, so that they would be just as vulnerable to other BB.

And again Kremlin...Its AA feature that was advertised in the lines reliece is gone since a single salvo from CQ kills all of its AA even with modules. Just as vulnerable to torpedoes and fires as other ships, and its guns are worse than Germans, and people still complain on EU servers that its OP... 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1