You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Analysis for number of "Special", "Research Bureau", "Steel", "Coal" and "Free XP" high tier ships on WoWs EU server...

41 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,394 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

Analysis for number of "Special", "Research Bureau", "Steel", "Coal" and "Free XP" high tier ships on WoWs EU server...

Source ("ProShips.ru") - they have the highest number of unique Player IDs per ship most likely because they count every possible battle type - some other sites only count "Random" battles...

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/99999-

Special:

• "Puerto Rico" = 14.476
  • "Benham" = 9.612

Research Bureau:

• "Ohio" = 4.112
  • "Colbert" = 2.535

Steel:

• "Bourgogne" = 3.488
  • "Somers" = 2.998
  • "Stalingrad" = 10.122 (was also reward for Ranked Clan Battles long time ago)
  • "Neustrashimy" = 513
  • "Black" = 6.428 (was also reward for Ranked long time ago)

Coal:

• "Thunderer" = 20.279
  • "Smolensk" = 42.023
  • "Salem" = 23.267
  • "Marceau" = 1.856
  • "Yoshino" = 20.630
  • "Georgia" = 26.836
  • "Jean Bart" = 41.238

Free XP:

• "Hayate" = 455
  • "Smaland" = 2.186
  • "Missouri" = 27.265
  • "Musashi" = 33.967 (was also available for Coal IIRC)
  • "Kronshtadt" = 20.981
  • "Alaska" = 32.306
  • "Azuma" = 11.984
  • "Friesland" = 14.442

Did I , possibly, forget some ship (and different availability)? :Smile_hiding:

Discussion:

• I must say that I am absolutely astonished with the number of "Puerto Rico" ships :Smile_glasses:
  • the "Smolensk" numbers show that she was the most popular purchase of all time closely followed by "Jean Bart" :Smile_popcorn:
  • the scarcity of "Research Points" show the rather low count for "Ohio" and "Colbert" and, similarly, for all other "Steel" ships :Smile_honoring:
  • no other numbers strike me as unusual except, possibly, really really low number for "Hayate" and "Neustrashimy" :Smile_ohmy:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Added "Benham".

Fixed info for "Stalingrad".

• Cool 10

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,751 posts
26,537 battles
9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

"Stalingrad" = 10.122 (was also reward for Ranked long time ago)

It was never award for Ranked but it was intended to be award for CBs. Originally you could get it by collecting three flags over three seasons of cbs but before third flag was available, WG introduced Steel and Coal and SG was changed from award ship to Steel ship and already collected flags were converted to Steel. So SG was never an award ship, initially it was intended to be that but from the moment the ship is released is was always available only for Steel. So you should threat just as that - a Steel ship, unlike Black.

Also you are missing Benham on that list.

• Cool 3

6,031 posts
10,428 battles

Keep in mind though that some FXP/Coal ships were available for real money as well ... I could only guess though how much it skews the numbers towards/away from one ship ...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,394 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

Keep in mind though that some FXP/Coal ships were available for real money as well ... I could only guess though how much it skews the numbers towards/away from one ship ...

Very true...

Leo "Apollo11"

Beta Tester
99 posts
4,195 battles

Regarding the Puerto Rico I must say, that it was way cheaper than a lot of people say. And even now people are spreading false information and say it cost 200€.  As I knew I wouldn't have so much time to play during holidays I bought 3 booster. Cost me something like 80 bucks. I was fine with that. Played from time to time and was almost 3 weeks away. I also bought the Tier IX BB Jean Bart for 60 bucks. So imho the 20 bucks difference for a Tier X instead of a Tier IX was worth it.

Steel is to limited to get imho. Its so limited as you can only play for it every few month. That is annoying.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

6,031 posts
10,428 battles
2 minutes ago, tyco said:

And even now people are spreading false information and say it cost 200€.

Saying it cost 200€ is not spreading false information. It's just the price you had to pay if you didn't want to grind anything at all. As in: Buy all three boosters for 24k dubloons and pay the undiscounted completion fee of (iirc) 25k dubloons. A total of 59k dubloons.

• Cool 6

[POI--]
Players
1,145 posts
9,566 battles

You forgott the Flint mate. Was availble for Steel and earlier as a ranked reward.

• Cool 3

[RO-RN]
Players
852 posts
10,559 battles

Those neutrashimy numbers are going to be exceeded in the long time by the hayate ones. I also did not thing that there are more OHIOs around than Bourgognes.

Want something even more tragic than this? Count how many research points you need for all the legendary modules and count the T10 ships that do not have legendary modules right now,even the ones that are in testing(T10 german cv for example) and see how many resets you would have to do! New players have no chance to get those, even veteran players would not be able to get them, let alone that there are players who refuse to be part of this research bureau mess.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,573 posts
13,490 battles
23 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

the "Smolensk" numbers show that she was the most popular purchase of all time closely followed by "Jean Bart" :Smile_popcorn:

Most popular purchase and in the shortest period for an armoury ship.

Smolensk was like a flash in the pan in terms of availability compared to JB, which had been around for much longer in comparison. And yet, look at the numbers. 

It's a crappy thing that this game got flooded with so many Smolensks, and so quickly. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
99 posts
4,195 battles
5 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Saying it cost 200€ is not spreading false information. It's just the price you had to pay if you didn't want to grind anything at all. As in: Buy all three boosters for 24k dubloons and pay the undiscounted completion fee of (iirc) 25k dubloons. A total of 59k dubloons.

If you were willed to spend some euros you could easily get it just by playing smoothly. Three boosters were enough for that. Following your argument every silvership costs at least 300€ because you have to play for it. Or convert exp to free exp, "because you would have to grind for it". For the Puerto Rico you could, as far as I remember, play the ship you want for the missions. That's not even the case by tech tree ships.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,823 posts
15,695 battles

Musashi was available for Coal (that's how I bought it...)

The problem with Puerto Rico was that no-one really understood the various methods of acquiring it and how much things might cost, how much of the potential cost could be circumvented by grinding, etc - and that was, in many respects, completely deliberate, because WG were hoping that people could be persuaded to pay a little more than usual through the need to complete a project, once an investment of resources had been made. Our old pal "sunk cost", again.

I'm not entirely surprised they do this, though, and if you wanted to see why I suspect compiling a list of the number of cash shop Tier VIII, IX and X (if there are any of them) in the game  and comparing the numbers with special category ships would be revealing. There are probably more Puerto Ricos being played than Cheshire, Siliwangi and Bajie put together, because that high single-purchase cost is very off-putting. 

(Edit - I just looked. Orkan has approx 13k games already on the EU server, according to WOWs numbers, Siliwangi just over 15k. Yes, Orkan is an EU Ship and so more appealing in this market, but I suspect the fact that Orkan is available for doubloons (which people tend to hoard) rather than cash has a lot to do with those numbers).

• Cool 1

6,031 posts
10,428 battles
Just now, tyco said:

If you were willed to spend some euros you could easily get it just by playing smoothly. Three boosters were enough for that.

Sure it was. I didn't object that!!! Keep in mind that the only thing that I objected in your first post was the thing about "false information". Which is simply not true. I know players who did that (these ones also spend enough money on containers on the first day of the Benham event to get the Benham).

Would it be doable with only the three boosters? Sure! 

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
5 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

It was 180€ at that time. 

About low number of Hayate, it's not surprising given the fact that we had Småland released just few weeks before Hayate.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,394 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

13 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

You forgott the Flint mate. Was availble for Steel and earlier as a ranked reward.

The "Flint" is Tier VII... I only listed Tier X and Tier IX (i.e. "High tier")...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
99 posts
4,195 battles

You're right if you see insta-buy as the only viable option, as playing seems to be grinding for you. But you know as good as I do, that this was not the only way to get this ship.

[DAVY]
Players
2,722 posts
13,636 battles

only missing 5 from the list and three of them i have no intention of getting (1 or 2mill fxp is way overpriced) so that leaves the somers (prob next purchase) and the neutra which i will get when it's available for coal.

Players
5,976 posts
11,285 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Source ("ProShips.ru") - they have the highest number of unique Player IDs per ship most likely because they count every possible battle type - some other sites only count "Random" battles...

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/99999-

Special:

• "Puerto Rico" = 14.476
  • "Benham" = 9.612

Research Bureau:

• "Ohio" = 4.112
  • "Colbert" = 2.535

Steel:

• "Bourgogne" = 3.488
  • "Somers" = 2.998
  • "Stalingrad" = 10.122 (was also reward for Ranked Clan Battles long time ago)
  • "Neustrashimy" = 513
  • "Black" = 6.428 (was also reward for Ranked long time ago)

Coal:

• "Thunderer" = 20.279
  • "Smolensk" = 42.023
  • "Salem" = 23.267
  • "Marceau" = 1.856
  • "Yoshino" = 20.630
  • "Georgia" = 26.836
  • "Jean Bart" = 41.238

Free XP:

• "Hayate" = 455
  • "Smaland" = 2.186
  • "Missouri" = 27.265
  • "Musashi" = 33.967 (was also available for Coal IIRC)
  • "Kronshtadt" = 20.981
  • "Alaska" = 32.306
  • "Azuma" = 11.984
  • "Friesland" = 14.442

Did I , possibly, forget some ship (and different availability)? :Smile_hiding:

Discussion:

• I must say that I am absolutely astonished with the number of "Puerto Rico" ships :Smile_glasses:
  • the "Smolensk" numbers show that she was the most popular purchase of all time closely followed by "Jean Bart" :Smile_popcorn:
  • the scarcity of "Research Points" show the rather low count for "Ohio" and "Colbert" and, similarly, for all other "Steel" ships :Smile_honoring:
  • no other numbers strike me as unusual except, possibly, really really low number for "Hayate" and "Neustrashimy" :Smile_ohmy:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Added "Benham".

Fixed info for "Stalingrad".

Is there any way to translate this?

Apparently google won't translate full websites anymore? And I can't seen to select some of the russian text so I don't know what the columns mean.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,394 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

4 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Apparently google won't translate full websites anymore? And I can't seen to select some of the russian text so I don't know what the columns mean.

Google Chrome browser is your friend... it has build-in translation... :Smile_great:

zoiicqX.png

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles
5 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Here:

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,285 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Google Chrome browser is your friend... it has build-in translation... :Smile_great:

zoiicqX.png

Leo "Apollo11"

I forgot I was not using chrome :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,764 posts
16,568 battles

Pround Neustrashimy owner here! Too be honest I am a little astonished that numbers for that ship are this low as it is by no means a bad ship. Nonetheless I have to admit that the purchase was a "mistake" as I should have gone for the Bourgogne first.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,790 posts
7,088 battles

I'm surprised there are more PR's than Benhams, i thought it would have been the other way around.

:cap_popcorn:

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,764 posts
16,568 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I'm surprised there are more PR's than Benhams, i thought it would have been the other way around.

Ingame it is the other way round, at least I do perceive it this way (but perception can be tricky).

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,764 posts
16,568 battles

Also please keep in mind that the order of which these ships have been available will be of relevance, especially if you are a) no collector and b) you are not only looking for the most powerful ships.

For example I am aquiring ships on a mix of "I need a high level captain trainer" and "I want at least a decent ship".

This meant:

* No Georgia because I already had the Missouri

* No Bourgogne because I already had the Jean Bart

* No Yoshino because I already had the Azuma

* No Smaland because I already had the Friesland

* No efforts for PR because I already had the Alaska

I know that many of those ships play totally different, which however is mostly irrelevant for a "training ship" (I don't mind if I make 1k bXP in Georgia or Missouri as long as both ships are somwehat viable). The only instance where I have double ship type and nation is Kronshtadt/Stalingrad.

• Angry 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,751 posts
26,537 battles
42 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

:cap_popcorn:

Benham was available during summer event when lot of players where on vacation and didn't want to spend/have time to grind through all missions and directives for tokens. Also I guess that lot of players expected that after event Benham will be available in Store or in Armoury for resources so completely ignored event. 

• Cool 3