Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wulf_Ace

help to decide

17 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Players
526 posts
4,800 battles

About new russian branch split, I have around 750 000 free exp, i was planing to save it for Alaska but would it be better to spend it to research Moskva and get it? Also I have around 180 000 coal so thats another option to get it, since I have des moines and wont get Salem, and Yoshino is not that good as I was hoping for it.

I would really appreciate your advice what would be the best choice now? 

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
6 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

About new russian branch split, I have around 750 000 free exp, i was planing to save it for Alaska but would it be better to spend it to research Moskva and get it? Also I have around 180 000 coal so thats another option to get it, since I have des moines and wont get Salem, and Yoshino is not that good as I was hoping for it.

Use the FXP to unlock Moskva now.

It should be much cheaper this way, than paying the future price in premium resources, which is either 200+k coal or 2 million free XP for a Tier X ship vs Alaska's 1 million price.

Even if you have the coal right now, better save it die another ship that you can only get this way. Unlike Free XP, which you can grind, coal is a gated/limited resource.

• Cool 4

[RONIN]
Players
526 posts
4,800 battles
1 minute ago, genosse said:

Use the FXP to unlock Moskva now.

It should be much cheaper this way, than paying the future price in premium resources, which is either 200+k coal or 2 million free XP for a Tier X ship vs Alaska's 1 million.

Even if you have the coal, better save it. Unlike Free XP, which you can grind, coal is a gated/limited resource.

do you know maybe the around date of the patch?

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
Just now, Wulf_Ace said:

No, I am sorry. But I am sure one of the regulars will chime in, who can give you at least a rough estimate. :)

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,559 battles
4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Next thursday for the event, moskva goes away in 9.5 though, in 5 weeks. Just grind it out regularly, 5 weeks is plenty. 

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,706 posts
15,193 battles
5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

The approach I might take is to assess which resource you have less trouble acquiring: coal or free xp?

If it's coal, then maybe save your free xp; if it's free xp, then research Moskva.

Some other factors:

• If you research Moskva, you'll only be spending free xp (if WG are to be believed - check the final patch-notes); we're told that researching the ship is sufficient i.e. you don't have to actually have it in port, which'll save a lot of silver (plus you'll get the permaflage for free when it converts to semi-premium.
  • The economy on Alaska (as a full-on premium) is somewhat better than Moskva most likely will be.
  • Moskva (as a T10) will be probably be of more use for 'special' modes, such as Clans, Ranked etc.
  • Which play style do you prefer - a ship you don't enjoy playing is of rather less utility.
  • As far as I know, we don't yet know the coal price for the 'new' Moskva, but there's a good chance it'll effectively be higher than silver Moskva (depending on how you value the various resources relative to each other).

Neither ship is vanishing (as far as we know) any time soon, so whichever you select, this isn't a 'last chance' thing....

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,452 posts
12,546 battles
9 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

This here below! 

4 minutes ago, kfa said:

Next thursday for the event, moskva goes away in 9.5 though, in 5 weeks. Just grind it out regularly, 5 weeks is plenty. 

You still have more than a month to grind it out.. 

I say, keep your Fxp and coal, and grind it! 

• Cool 4

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,559 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

This here below! 

You still have more than a month to grind it out.. 

I say, keep your Fxp and coal, and grind it! 

Thank god your avatar is Cpt Obvious, i wondered why... 

• Cool 1

Players
3,088 posts

if you have time grind.

if you don't grab it.

Either way I applaud you for having so much fxp. I never seem to manage it and the most I have is less than 100k usually :/ 

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
Players
526 posts
4,800 battles

I ll try to grind it, if I dont make it I ll spend free exp. Tnx all for answers, you have been helpful  

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
526 posts
4,800 battles
8 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

if you have time grind.

if you don't grab it.

Either way I applaud you for having so much fxp. I never seem to manage it and the most I have is less than 100k usually :/ 

I really wanted Alaska :)  once I got supercontainer with 50 000 fxp

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
30,072 posts
15,430 battles

You can still use FXP one day before Moskwa becomes premium.

No need to do it now.

• Cool 5

[PRT]
Players
197 posts
8,491 battles

Moskva is a real good ship, go for it. Alaska, well, good ship too, but no rush, you can get it later. 

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

you don't need Moskva for randoms or ranked, many other ships work perfectly fine. But if you want to do clan battles, Moskva is good ship to have. Cause many other tier X are suboptimal in clan battles. On other side if you need premium to farm silver, Alaska is exelent choice, and tier 9 is currently best tier for MM.

Players
1,158 posts

I may have missed it but Is Moskva going to be available for any other resources at all?

Players
10,360 posts
12,044 battles
6 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Depending where you are on RU cruiser line, split comes in 0.9.5 I think, so every battle done reduces FXP cost of getting Comrade Moskva.

That said, unless Moskva gets some substantial buffs/changes along the way, I don't see her being worth FXP nor Coal price. She is okay, but you can get better than "okay" for the same price.

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this