Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Goktsu

Smolensk

26 comments in this topic

[BBMM]
Players
5,836 posts
7,370 battles

You wait until X-mas and then you buy €500 containers. 

I hope I get Enterprise and Belfast, too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[SHAFT]
Players
9,579 posts
8,858 battles

Smolensk got already removed from armory.

• Cool 4

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,962 posts
12,090 battles
1 minute ago, Goktsu said:

How do you acquire Smolensk cannot see it in the armory anymore?

It's gone for good. You cannot buy her anymore (for coal) and there is no other option. It's unlikely to have her in crates in future, too. 

[LSCA]
Players
1,049 posts
9,047 battles
1 minute ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

It's gone for good. You cannot buy her anymore (for coal) and there is no other option. It's unlikely to have her in crates in future, too. 

does it mean i need uninstall game now because  i cant get that?

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,962 posts
12,090 battles
1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

That's totally up to you. As you did a few years without her and she's annoying but as spreadsheets and stats say no "auto-win-ship", she is no must-have-ship (for me).

[BBMM]
Players
5,836 posts
7,370 battles
3 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

No man. They'll think of something equally broken-OP and then you can get that one. 

It might be an even bigger pest than Smolly. Trust me, they will come up with something. :cat_paw:

[CATS]
Players
26,262 posts
14,162 battles
6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

No.

[LSCA]
Players
1,049 posts
9,047 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No.

i think you right, i hate that ship anyway

Players
9,887 posts
11,612 battles

WG will probably come with skill rework which removes BFT/AFT bonuses for main guns and voila, Smolensk (and number of gun oriented destroyers who dare to have an influence in games) nerfed without nerfing ships directly:cap_haloween:

And then WG will introduce Smolensk sister ship with adjusted gun range/reload to compensate for lack of skill bonuses

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
570 posts

For the sake of everyones game enjoyment that abomination was removed from sale. Allthough im afraid it will return as a xmas container filler.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,600 posts
13,564 battles

It's gone, and it should stay gone forever. 

This ship is not overpowered. But given the way it was as it left the design floor,  introducing it was a crap decision.

So they pulled the plug and removed it. AFAIK in record-time for an Armoury ship. 

• Cool 1

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,592 battles

It's coming back in xmas crates :Smile_sceptic:

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
37 minutes ago, Panocek said:

WG will probably come with skill rework which removes BFT/AFT bonuses for main guns and voila, Smolensk (and number of gun oriented destroyers who dare to have an influence in games) nerfed without nerfing ships directly:cap_haloween:

That won't happen unless those ships suddenly start being effective against carriers.

Players
9,887 posts
11,612 battles
2 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

That won't happen unless those ships suddenly start being effective against carriers.

So, are you implying Jutland/Daring are too effective against carriers and had their gun/torp reload nerfed three times in a row?:cap_hmm:

• Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,487 posts
11,145 battles

Don’t worry about it. Smolensk quickly becomes very boring. I foolishly used about 4000 steel To get It on release in case it quickly disappeared. I regret that now as I have well over 400,000 coal and nothing to spend it on!

It’s not as fun or as OP as many say.

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

So, are you implying Jutland/Daring are too effective against carriers and had their gun/torp reload nerfed three times in a row?:cap_hmm:

They most certainly are not... and my implication was half made in jest, but I guess you already guessed that? :Smile_Default:

I've got the Daring and she's a good enough ship that even I can do rather well in her, if the stars are aligned. She doesn't really need faster reload on her guns, since I'm hard pressed to keep them firing at full rate and accuracy as it is, but I could do with a faster reload on her torpedoes. Ah, well... I shall have to keep taking turns with playing the Halland, that's a fast torpedo reload and no mistake!

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Don’t worry about it. Smolensk quickly becomes very boring. I foolishly used about 4000 steel To get It on release in case it quickly disappeared. I regret that now as I have well over 400,000 coal and nothing to spend it on!

It’s not as fun or as OP as many say.

The trick with keeping the Smolensk entertaining is to spend more time HE kiting in open water and dodging everything the enemy team throws at you, than hiding in smoke.

But I agree that not having got the Smolensk is no reason to uninstall the game. Get the Colbert or the Marceau instead, and go to town in them!

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,091 posts
10,082 battles

I don't understand why it was removed. WG naturally don't think it is OP since then it would need to be nerfed. So if it is not OP why cannot people have it?

Oh yeah I totally forgot. Now they want hard cash for it!

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, Fatal_Ramses sagte:

For the sake of everyones game enjoyment that abomination was removed from sale. 

Task incomplete - because it was not removed from all those ports. :Smile_sceptic:

[SV]
Players
742 posts
11,569 battles
49 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

I don't understand why it was removed. WG naturally don't think it is OP since then it would need to be nerfed. So if it is not OP why cannot people have it?

Oh yeah I totally forgot. Now they want hard cash for it!

because there are to many of them in evry battle. they dont want more of the specific ship in evry battle.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,091 posts
10,082 battles
4 hours ago, albin322 said:

because there are to many of them in evry battle. they dont want more of the specific ship in evry battle.

Yeah, sure. Keep telling it to yourself.

Players
392 posts
7,884 battles

Smolensk, Jean Bart...What's next?

Atlanta? Oh wait, she's practically useless for her original role. 

Players
4,016 posts
6 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

I don't understand why it was removed. 

Because if it weren't, we would have 80% of cruisers in teams being Smolensk. Even now most of teams have at least 2.

Sign in to follow this