Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chikod

My opinion about game. Where is game moving to.

9 comments in this topic

[GEO]
Players
4 posts
6,075 battles

I would like to post my opinion, why game is going to nowhere and even worse.

I play WOWS for 5 years. I love it and I still love it, but every day every new update brings disappointment. 

With total more than 25 years of multiplayer gaming experience (first ones Dune 2 and Doom), I can afford to say, soon WOWS game will be totally ruined. 

What makes arcade game fun to play for long period of time? 

1. Game should be balanced.

2. Game should be dynamic to play. 

You remove any of those components and you are moving on wrong direction.

Now I will explain why there is problem in the game.

I will start from dynamics.

Speed of game, movement, attack, change of attacking direction-location and defense.   This is what is now ruined in the game. Campers ruin dynamics of any game. Idea of any action game is action! Action means movement. 

What is happening now? Wargaming made life of DDs almost impossible with new CV. Almost any cruiser has radar and hydro. Even DDs have radar and hydro. 

Now soon subs will make DDs life even worse. Instead of making some new mechanics to push ships to move,  Wargaming is making opposite of this. 
Crusers all game in the smoke or behind mountains and hitting 1500 shells in one game. BBs stopped at the end of the map and shooting from huge distance. Game is more like Arkanoid now.

Arkanoid

And balance.

Of course balance is component what should always be adjusted to new ships. But, what we have now? CV with unlimited planes, ships what hide behind rocks with radars or in smoke. They ruin balance. 

And subs again. I think only good thing for game subs can bring is to have slow, stealth subs what can get behind enemy lines and easily attack camper cruisers and BBs. Attack of fast moving ship should be very hard. But damage to slow moving or stopped ship should be huge. 
This should make game to move again.

I understand, this game is business and Wargaming should make new things in game. But this new can be something else then to ruing game. 
This will not be first game in long list of great games who ruined itself because of campers.
As soon as campers will reach certain amount (and WOWS is already or almost there i think), game will start loosing traditional games, long playing gameრs, experienced payers, faithful gamers. And there will not be any way back because in camper game, game full of campers most players will play not for fun. Will play to camp more, to get more frags as quick as possible and this will make game for new starters impossible. And game will die!

Wargaming i think should be thinking about new variety's in the game with adding new weather effects, real night effect what will effect vision, storm what should effect on sped and aim and many other interesting things. 
Just adding new units in game will kill the game.
Hope this will not be happening soon. I still love this game.   

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,828 posts
11,555 battles

People say the same to wot as well, always new mechanics, gimmicks and OP russian and reward vechicles, yet 10 years later still going strong. 

If you like warships you will always find a part of this game fun, if not, that player would have left anyways WG balancing issues or not. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,133 posts
14,103 battles
55 minutes ago, chikod said:

I play WOWS for 5 years. I love it and I still love it, but every day every new update brings disappointment. 

With total more than 25 years of multiplayer gaming experience (first ones Dune 2 and Doom), I can afford to say, soon WOWS game will be totally ruined. 

Speed of game, movement, attack, change of attacking direction-location and defense.   This is what is now ruined in the game. Campers ruin dynamics of any game. Idea of any action game is action! Action means movement. 

What is happening now? Wargaming made life of DDs almost impossible with new CV. Almost any cruiser has radar and hydro. Even DDs have radar and hydro. 

Now soon subs will make DDs life even worse. Instead of making some new mechanics to push ships to move,  Wargaming is making opposite of this. 
Crusers all game in the smoke or behind mountains and hitting 1500 shells in one game. BBs stopped at the end of the map and shooting from huge distance. Game is more like Arkanoid now.

Arkanoid

And balance.

Of course balance is component what should always be adjusted to new ships. But, what we have now? CV with unlimited planes, ships what hide behind rocks with radars or in smoke. They ruin balance. 

And subs again. I think only good thing for game subs can bring is to have slow, stealth subs what can get behind enemy lines and easily attack camper cruisers and BBs. Attack of fast moving ship should be very hard. But damage to slow moving or stopped ship should be huge. 

I understand, this game is business and Wargaming should make new things in game. But this new can be something else then to ruing game. 
This will not be first game in long list of great games who ruined itself because of campers.
As soon as campers will reach certain amount (and WOWS is already or almost there i think), game will start loosing traditional games, long playing gameრs, experienced payers, faithful gamers. And there will not be any way back because in camper game, game full of campers most players will play not for fun. Will play to camp more, to get more frags as quick as possible and this will make game for new starters impossible. And game will die!

Wargaming i think should be thinking about new variety's in the game with adding new weather effects, real night effect what will effect vision, storm what should effect on sped and aim and many other interesting things. 

What is nowhere?

Increasing player numbers?

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,705 battles

I still blame the players. There is no reason to camp, players choose to do it and by doing so make the game worse. I play play mostly co-op these days. Why? Because bots don't camp, they fight, and that's how I like to play this game.

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
1 hour ago, chikod said:

Arkanoid

And balance.

Competition ?, warship wise very little.

C19 has massively increased revenue and player base for WG, why would they want to change that ?.

Lockdowns are being relaxed, games are out/coming out that will hit WG for 6; C&C, Chimera, and Gear tactics  etc, veterans have left because of the noobs, who themselves will leave post C19, (why stay in when you can go out ?).

What will WG do; bury head in sand, release op Russian cruisers, add more he spammers, more radar, charge a fortune for everything and scratch arse wondering where non Russian power base has gone.

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,065 battles

Be sure to stop by in 5 years. The game will be going strong.

[JRM]
Players
6,278 posts
24,145 battles
1 hour ago, chikod said:

And balance.

You know I placed a bet with myself what your main class is and hey presto - DD main...

You do realise most people can guess what another guys main class is by just looking what he singled out as the main issue...

This really is "Pls nerf rock, paper is fine, with regards - scissors" situation, aside from the fact CVs are not unbalanced but broken to the core let me ask you - how would you counter yourself without a radar cruiser or a CV?

Answer is only with another DD, ergo soon we would all be playing DDs and only DDs

See the problem?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,506 battles
1 hour ago, chikod said:

I can afford to say, soon WOWS game will be totally ruined. 

I just stopped reading after this line.

Thing is, wows will be ( I would say is) "ruined", for us, players that sticked with it for long time. But there are new players coming each day, which dunno how things were. How good or bad was it before they joined. They will replace veterans, become veterans themselves, after some time, start bitc*ing on forums, see it leads no where, give up, and new players will replace them. And round and round we go.

Games like war thunder, WOT, WOWS, they don't die.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,705 battles
1 hour ago, Bratoev said:

Be sure to stop by in 5 years. The game will be going strong.

Perhaps, but we won't recognize it.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this