You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Poll about CB season 9

Do you/your clan like this season of Clanbattles?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy this season of Clanbattles?

• Yes
    • No
    • I used to play Clanbattles but dont participate this season because i dont want to or would not like it
  2. 2. Do you enjoy this season more or less than previous ones?

• I enjoy it more
    • I enjoy it less
    • I voted number 3 in the first part so i need an option here too
  3. 3. How would you rate others from your clan enjoying this season?

• Everyone in my Clan enjoys it (>90%)
    • Most of my Clan enjoys it (60-90%)
    • Half of my Clan enjoys it (40-60%)
    • Few in my Clan enjoy it (10-40%)
    • Noone in my Clan enjoys it (<10%)
    • Dont know / dont want to answer this one

31 comments in this topic

[CHEFT]
Players
12,409 posts
9,841 battles

So quite simple poll, id like to make it public, but i choose not to. Everyone can write a comment if he wants to elaborate, but this poll is not about why you dont like it, just simple yes or no pretty much. Reason for not liking it is irrelevant in that poll.

Also, this poll is clearly for CB players, so i dont include an option like "i dont play CBs", because its completely irrelevant.

For me personaly:

I pretty much hate it. CVs, Stalingrads, SAP, camping, border hugging - so many things wrong with this game forced into 1 gamemode.

• Cool 7

[ADRIA]
Players
314 posts
10,685 battles

This is the first CB season that I play just for my clanmates and for the steel rewards. I still love this game (just 2.5 years in it) but at the moment I'd rather play any other mode than CBs. Haku-Stalin-Venezia meta is way too shallow. And I'm a DD player - 'nuff said.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,169 posts

Don't worry people, whatever problems people (erroneously) believe they might have with this season (the best ever according to spreadsheets) will be fixed by the inclusion of submarines for the next one.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[FABER]
Players
56 posts
14,315 battles

This is doubtless the WORST CB SEASON EVER.

Two entire categories of ships completely excluded from playing (BB - DD) it's something retarded.

You are forced to have a damn CV player always available to play! Aaand plus he MUST have Hakuryu otherwise the match is already lost!
An entire season focused on a dumb single ship, that is actually not a ship!

This is more than insane, this is idiotic to say the least

• Cool 7

[RO-RN]
Players
936 posts
13,618 battles

I just hope that they wont nerf Venezia(((. Also why T10 again? Can we get T9? I want to take my neustrashimy out for a spin.(OK it can be 8,9,7 maybe even lower but yeah maybe reward/pemium/special ships should be restricted so it does not transform into a premium META.)

• Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,607 posts
13,902 battles
2 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

I just hope that they wont nerf Venezia(((. Also why T10 again? Can we get T9? I want to take my neustrashimy out for a spin.(OK it can be 8,9,7 maybe even lower but yeah maybe reward/pemium/special ships should be restricted so it does not transform into a premium META.)

Tier 9 would be way to broken with so many very very broken ships that are not even availible to the broad public.

[DAVY]
Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles

you are basically forced into playing a cv and stalingrads with maybe a couple of venezia's, my guys are losing interest in it rapidly, if WG insist on putting cv's into cb's they'll end up killing it for most people.

Players
2,193 posts
20,211 battles

I have loathed this season of clan battles and I only participate in order to help the junior members of the clan who want to collect steel, but it's a chore to say the least. 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,243 posts
30,034 battles
30 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

I just hope that they wont nerf Venezia(((.

I doubt it will stay unchanged as it is over-presented in cbs. 

Also why T10 again? Can we get T9?

I would also like to try T9 cbs but there are no CVs at T9 and seems like this is what WG is desperately want to introduce to cbs. They can't release new T10 premium CV if players can't use it in competitive mode.  

OK it can be 8,9,7 maybe even lower but yeah maybe reward/pemium/special ships should be restricted so it does not transform into a premium META.

CBs on every tier would be mostly filled with premium ships, just like previous T8 was. Maybe at T4 things would be different as there is so few T4 premiums and they are far from top picks, with exception of Impregnator. And WG would never limit number of premium ships in competitive modes.

[XTREM]
Players
2,057 posts
15,143 battles

I'm enjoying it, but less than previous seasons, and only a few in XTREM enjoy it. 

I think because most of my clanmates don't enjoy it, it makes it less fun overall. That being said, it has its fun moments for us. 

And yes, I'm the one of the Haku players. 

• Funny 3

[GRAY]
Players
123 posts
20,250 battles

This season is boring... Only one sure setup - Stalin, Venezia, Hakuryu and sometimes Halland. Almost everything else is weak. 

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,001 posts
10,174 battles

This is my first season participating in clan battles, so I can't really compare it to the previous ones, but what I can say is that I do enjoy it.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,452 posts
12,546 battles

In general, we like it as a clan.. 

Meta is still shifting, and it looks like it got caught in a loop. 

People already found ways to make CV obsolote, 

But From my side, problems are, 

Haku is being the only viable option, which should be adressed deeply. 

Venezia being "the counter of them all!".. can counter DDs, BBs, Bow tanking stalingrads, can dodge like a boss, can smokeup to throw anyone off.. 

I do not think venezias will be going anywhere even the CVs gets removed from the CB. So thats another problem to be adressed. 

and chosing between a BB and a CV, which I thought was a good idea initially, but right now I think, actually they should be allowed together. 

Would have given more choices. 

If you ask me, I was really sick of camping stale meta of old seasons. 

This season adressed that heavily, but it has its own stale meta coming I suspect.. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PNAVY]
Players
1,254 posts
42,702 battles

Didn't like this season due to the presence of CVs. Every clan I faced mostly played with 6 Stalins/1 Hakuryu. So boring!

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,842 posts
11,952 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

Haku is being the only viable option, which should be adressed deeply.  

Guess it's not the issue with Haku, but with the cruisers. Many Stalingrads, those are good targets for AP Bombers.

Once I met in a CB match mostly only CLs. I had a lot overpens or misses.

But I think people rather go with being a victim to AP bombs, than having too many CLs. I would assume the Stalins are too powerful and would mostly kill the CLs.

4 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Venezia being "the counter of them all!".. can counter DDs, BBs, Bow tanking stalingrads, can dodge like a boss, can smokeup to throw anyone off.. 

I do not think venezias will be going anywhere even the CVs gets removed from the CB. So thats another problem to be adressed. 

Yes, I think the CV is not real the issue, more some cruisers are. Venezia has a pretty unique design - alone the smoke gives her many opportunities and Stalingrad is overall a powerful ship.

Though that is quite normal in competitive modes - people always go with the very best. If you remove CVs, Stalins, Venezias, then you will see DMs, Smols and Moskwas. Yes, there was sometimes more variety, but generally you go always with a very inflexible setup

[NEXT]
Players
5,842 posts
11,952 battles
2 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Didn't like this season due to the presence of CVs. Every clan I faced mostly played with 6 Stalins/1 Hakuryu. So boring!

You had this set ups without CVs as well. ^^

Haku is just the choice against Stalins

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,559 battles

I like it more than the previous seasons where every stalin and desmo had a fix island and you had to jerk sitting still for 10 minutes while spotter plane hindenburgs tried to do something at max range. 

Now, every week there is a different meta (chaos and testing - > 6 Stalins - > Stalin Venezia mix - > will be shuffled soon), we really enjoy the challange of adjusting tactics on the fly.

Voted accordingly. 

Players
629 posts
3,760 battles

It's a bit of a retarded Meta for sure. Cb's would be much better if your clan had to choose a nation for each game. That would mix it up a bit. Oh and of course no CVs allowed. Cvs just break and spoil every aspect of this game.

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

You don't have to be clairvoyant to see what effect CVs have on any tactical game play. Anyone with a grain of salt in their head knew it will be terrible, anyone but WG.

• Cool 5

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
3 ore fa, Gebe_ ha scritto:

This is the first CB season that I play just for my clanmates [...]. I still love this game (just 2.5 years in it) but at the moment I'd rather play any other mode than CBs.

I'm the only player in the clan that can use CV with good results and has the spare time to be consistently online during CB evenings, but I've only a Midway.
So now I'm forced to be online to let my clan partecipate, playing a class that I don't enjoy (I'm a cruiser main) while at the same time being an handicap because my CV is inferior to Hakuryu and I'm quite frustrated by this whole situation: it's the first time since 2017 that I prefer playing other games rather that WoWs: I usually log-out as soon as CB end. 

Edit: thanks to @DFens_666 for opening this discussion: always good content from you on this forum! :cap_like:

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,772 posts
9,569 battles

Well... previous season, I enlisted on my clan-list every time. 

And even after I got all the steel I possibly could, still did because I liked it and wanted to help out teammates. 

Even offered to be an SC (for the potato departement) so we could get two complete teams, and clanmates could at least start a game.

Mind - last season we usually brought TWO FULL TEAMS. 

This season - we have trouble filling even one. 

And yes I play CV. A lot. But yesterday... picked Conqueror. :cat_cool:

Players
3,670 posts
14,325 battles

There seems to be a clear overwhelming consensus. It's rubbish. We can end this discussion. The forum has spoken. And so have the players with massively lowered interest levels in CW's as a whole. Good poll. 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,409 posts
9,841 battles
3 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

Can we get T9?

Not possible comrade, otherwise we couldnt enjoy glorious CVs in clanbattles :cap_cool:

31 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

This season - we have trouble filling even one. 

And yes I play CV. A lot. But yesterday... picked Conqueror. 

Would you say its fun playing a BB setup against CV setup? I personaly cant see it, since its constant harassment/spotting and almost a guaranteed loss.

1 hour ago, Bics93 said:

Edit: thanks to @DFens_666 for opening this discussion: always good content from you on this forum! :cap_like: 

Thanks mate :cap_like:

I think most of the time, someone opens up a discussion they always start from their POV. Whether they like it or not, but those threads often go downhill from there, usually both sides throwing mud at each other. So i hoped, a neutral starting position might prevent that, and everyone should feel free to say whether they like it or not. Afterall, noone should get attacked for their personal feelings.

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,559 battles
1 minute ago, Bear__Necessities said:

There seems to be a clear overwhelming consensus. It's rubbish. We can end this discussion. The forum has spoken. And so have the players with massively lowered interest levels in CW's as a whole. Good poll. 

CVs will stay wheter we like it or not, WG put way too much money and time in it, also comes the first t10 prem CV and an entire line of AP rockets masterrace. They are clearly proud of their work, if somebody doesnt like it, can play KOTS or the occasional odd tier ranked. (or the submarine mode :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1