You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jaki_AJK

Who thought double CV games at t8 is fun?

61 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
97 posts
9,595 battles

I didn't even last 2 minutes in my kiev as 2 CVs combined killed me with 2 strikes each even though i tried to dodge and did all shenanigans.. But who had this great idea in first place. Low tiers i can understand. But high tiers? How are non smoke ships supposed to deal with this?

1494091104_Screenshot(243).thumb.png.7638e042252a1def86fae6faf2993b34.png

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

Players
311 posts
14,055 battles
2 minutes ago, Jaki_AJK said:

I didn't even last 2 minutes in my kiev as 2 CVs combined killed me with 2 strikes each even though i tried to dodge and did all shenanigans.. But who had this great idea in first place. Low tiers i can understand. But high tiers? How are non smoke ships supposed to deal with this?

1494091104_Screenshot(243).thumb.png.7638e042252a1def86fae6faf2993b34.png

I in my full AA Friesland that need to do stupid WG mission for 300 planes. Where do i sign for that double CV matches. Beacuse whenever i took some AA monster dd like Kidd,Halland,Friesnland and such i never met a CV, never.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
81 posts
5,379 battles

Hey, maybe subs will be the long-awaited counter for CVs? It will be "interesting" if in the outlined scenario, the remaining 4 subs and 2 CVs try to duke it out for the remaining 17 minutes of the match.:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 2

[TNEMP]
Players
279 posts
2,465 battles

These whine threads are so pathetic.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 17

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,046 posts
10,715 battles

The same people who worked silently for 3 years to bring you the CV rework other than proudly announcing 2017 to be the year of the CV only to pump out the Graf Zepp in an unfinished state, and only for it to fail at all the objectives it tried to accomplish while being loathed by the community.

Wargaming would make for excellent case studies in business schools and product design courses.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[TNEMP]
Players
279 posts
2,465 battles

Lol, I was downvoted for pointing out that this is a whine thread.

These forums.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 12
  • Bad 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,356 posts
18,418 battles
42 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

Almost as pathetic as pointless remarks by CV players. 

5 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

These forums.

LOL, you were downvoted for making a pointless comment and then you whine about it in what you consider a whine thread? 

These forums.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 4

[MORIA]
Players
7,286 posts
35,956 battles
5 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

I in my full AA Friesland that need to do stupid WG mission for 300 planes. Where do i sign for that double CV matches. Beacuse whenever i took some AA monster dd like Kidd,Halland,Friesnland and such i never met a CV, never.

Mate you can PM me in game so I'll take my CV in division. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,904 posts
14,923 battles

I play CVs and I must admit that no tier VIII DD can stand two tier VIII CVs. WG (again), nerf rockets damage and AP/HE dive bombs, please.

Players
6,320 posts
10,537 battles
2 hours ago, Hirohito said:

Sounds to me - that you are whining

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

Players
1,982 posts
13,026 battles
2 hours ago, Hirohito said:

These forums.

Whines for being down voted for whining about whining :cap_haloween:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

Can't fault the CVs for focusing an easy obvious target.:Smile_glasses:

Players
2,160 posts

I had one yesterday in my Asashio... 2 CV's per side and only 7 players per team (Random battle too)..... It sucked.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
97 posts
9,595 battles
10 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

After clan battles. Like when the server population is around 5k, you can find these type of games. So many CVs in the queue.

[XTREM]
Players
97 posts
9,595 battles
5 hours ago, Hirohito said:

Oh my goodness. What am i whining about? It is just curiosity about how to deal with such scenarios and why is this even a thing.

[TNEMP]
Players
279 posts
2,465 battles
8 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

Can't fault the CVs for focusing an easy obvious target.:Smile_glasses:

If he died as fast as he claims, and considering he did slightly damage another DD as well, I have my suspicion that he rushed towards a cap and tried to open water-gunboat the other DD when there were two hostile CV squads overhead or nearby. I suspect some big mistakes on the OPs part were made here.

But this isn't a thread looking for constructive feedback or discussion, this is just the average whine thread.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
1,414 posts
16,897 battles
Vor 10 Stunden, Jaki_AJK sagte:

1. Nobody thinks it is fun. (Except for grown-ups who also beat little children which gives them a feeling of superiority.)

2. If you end up in such game, stay with your AA ships and let the CVs bleed a few of these planes before venturing towards a cap. Best idea, of course, would be that several ships move together towards aa cap so that you have AA protection while capping. However, we all know that many teammates will fail.

3. Use your smoke. If you lasted only 1:52 you did not use your smoke (or rushed into a hydro DD or a radar ship, both equally poor).

4. Coming back to point 1: Nobody from the player base thinks it is fun.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
97 posts
9,595 battles
1 minute ago, Hirohito said:

If he died as fast as he claims, and considering he did slightly damage another DD as well, I have my suspicion that he rushed towards a cap and tried to open water-gunboat the other DD when there were two hostile CV squads overhead or nearby. I suspect some big mistakes on the OPs part were made here.

But this isn't a thread looking for constructive feedback or discussion, this is just the average whine thread.

Ohh, you think that way. I didn't open water gunboat without any reason. With fighters overhead within 1 min of game start, i was spotted anyways. And i barely left spawn fyi. So in dying moments like when i was at 2k hp, i thought of resetting the cap points possessed by enemy DD as i knew my death was near.

Idk how people make up that i played poorly instead of agreeing how bad CVs are for this game

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
97 posts
9,595 battles
1 minute ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

1. Nobody thinks it is fun. (Except for grown-ups who also beat little children which gives them a feeling of superiority.)

2. If you end up in such game, stay with your AA ships and let the CVs bleed a few of these planes before venturing towards a cap. Best idea, of course, would be that several ships move together towards aa cap so that you have AA protection while capping. However, we all know that many teammates will fail.

3. Use your smoke. If you lasted only 1:52 you did not use your smoke (or rushed into a hydro DD or a radar ship, both equally poor).

1- agree

2- i was with 5 ships around 5 km of me. Still 2 CVs had no problem. Combined AA is a joke. And bleeding planes? This is not RTS. Here they have unlimited planes.

3- smoke? Kiev is a gunboat and many play it with heal. And i was perma spotted by the fighters.

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

Okay I will play ball. OP could you show us a replay of the game. Rule of thumb even I learned is to go completely dark in DDs. Turn off AA and don't sail on an obvious heading and keep track of where the planes are flying. Smoke is your friend for emergency just like other situations where you don't want your DD detected. 
That said without smoke act accordingly knowing you can't use smoke.

Admittedly I don't play DDs that much, but both Haida and Leningrad, my favorites, are a joy to play even with CVs.

[XTREM]
Players
97 posts
9,595 battles
1 minute ago, Bratoev said:

Okay I will play ball. OP could you show us a replay of the game. Rule of thumb even I learned is to go completely dark in DDs. Turn off AA and don't sail on an obvious heading and keep track of where the planes are flying. Smoke is your friend for emergency just like other situations where you don't want your DD detected. 

Admittedly I don't play DDs that much, but both Haida and Leningrad, my favorites, are a joy to play even with CVs.

I could have given the replay if not for this stupid limit of 20 replays. Turning off AA is pointless as the detection via air and my AA range are same. And i was in my spawn. No obvious heading. Who plays Soviet gunboat with smoke anyways? You are just powerless in such situations imo as a DD without smoke.

Beta Tester
1,414 posts
16,897 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Jaki_AJK sagte:

2- i was with 5 ships around 5 km of me. Still 2 CVs had no problem. Combined AA is a joke. And bleeding planes? This is not RTS. Here they have unlimited planes.

3- smoke? Kiev is a gunboat and many play it with heal. And i was perma spotted by the fighters.

I guess you were the only DD on your team? In that case you can only stay back even more. At the start of the battle turn around and hide behind your mates.

Unlimited planes, kind of. A carrier does not always have all planes available all the times. If your mates can shoot down a couple of waves of rocket planes it will take the CVs a long time to replenish those. A Lexington has 16 rocket planes and can produce 19 more throughout the battle (that's a max, in reality it will be less), each new plane taking 1 minute to fabricate.

Again, I don't say it is fun. I just say in a 2-CV-game you gotta change your mindset drastically when playing DD. Basically you go in full survival mode.

[TNEMP]
Players
279 posts
2,465 battles
19 minutes ago, Jaki_AJK said:

Ohh, you think that way. I didn't open water gunboat without any reason. With fighters overhead within 1 min of game start, i was spotted anyways. And i barely left spawn fyi. So in dying moments like when i was at 2k hp, i thought of resetting the cap points possessed by enemy DD as i knew my death was near.

Idk how people make up that i played poorly instead of agreeing how bad CVs are for this game

Your last part sums up why this is a whine thread, and not a discussion thread for feedback - you show that you wanted people to agree with you that "CVs are bad for this game, and I clearly didn't play bad".

I don't have your reply obviously, but I'll throw some feedback regardless (my assumptions might be wrong here, but still):
- A lone fighter won't cover you from 2 CV squadrons. They won't stop the squadrons either, and if the two attack squads intend to attack you, they might risk being engaged by the fighter. The squads will generally be severely damaged or shot down after they passed you on the first attack. The other CV also gets "free damage" if they gang up, since the fighter only engages one of the squads coming for you.

- You might not have turned off your AA once the CVs came looking for you. Do that.

- You might not have smoked up. If they still spotted you despite your AA being off, you should have blown a smoke (and only when unspotted inside the smoke, have turned on AA). Also consider when you were (if you were) blowing your smoke. If you did it too late and were near a full stop, the CV will know your approximate location inside the smoke and strike it, even if he doesn't have vision inside the smoke. At that point, most CVs will give up hovering around the smoke due to AA (especially if you have cruisers nearby for additional AA, which is likely if this is so early into the game as you claim). If the CVs for some reason were still hovering around your smoke (since you perhaps were too far off from friendly ships), also don't fire your guns. If the CVs were still looking for you inside that smoke (especially true with 2 squads), that gives away your location inside the smoke and they could attempt to strike that spot.

- If you didn't pick smoke, that's on you. It's a fair choice to make, but since you made it (and you know there are 2 CVs, which you also spotted were heading for you) then you gotta be really careful in that double CV game. Do not steam ahead, as you gotta hang back a lot more.

- A fighter dropped on top of you can also somewhat give your position away to the enemy CVs. To work around this, try not to linger in that area for too long unless you are willing to smoke up.

- Consider taking a detour when going for a cap in a CV game. DD air detection radius is generally very low, so as long as you didn't fire your guns or had your AA turned off, the CVs would have to scout quite a bit (unless you of course headed straight for the cap along the most obvious of routes). Most CVs won't hunt you actively with rocket planes if they can't find you early, as that puts them at risk of getting shot down by other ship's AA. The Kiev has about a 3 km air detection radius when specced, so if you stay somewhat close to friendly ships, that puts a lot of risk (and potentially no return if you remain unspotted) on the enemy CV squads if they wanna linger around in the hopes of finding you. Hence why they will generally abandon the area, or just use the rocket planes on cruisers instead before they are shot down. A bonus is that if you were unspotted during the time the first two rocket squads were heading for you, most CVs will give up on hunting you for the time being, and instead launch TBs or DBs in the hopes of scoring damage against other ships. This means they won't pursue you as actively, and if they do end up spotting you, they have squads which are far less dangerous to you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1