Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bratoev

Ranked Battle games

47 comments in this topic

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

How many games did it take you to win rank one and what ships do you use?

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,756 battles

814471D4-ADF9-40B7-9751-CA0D78CCE67D.thumb.png.dbda9af21fc8754c928a2e8c54a312c9.png32797074-352F-4736-A6AD-97C14EC198E0.thumb.png.c05a54bbc953f933a9e826272d79e892.png16 battles with 2 losses.

2 x Minotaur 1 win 1 loss.

2 x Ostergotland both wins.

12 x Halland 1 loss & rest wins.

guess i got lucky :cat_cool:

• Cool 2

Players
2,150 posts

42 battles... 100% WR to rank 3 then 60% from Rank 3 to Rank 1...

Best performing ship:

Shimakaze @ 71% (17)

Kitakaze next @ 54% (13)

Chung mu (2) and gearing (10)  @ 50% each...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,407 posts
13,256 battles

image.thumb.png.9a995c593fe2e670c54bd5ddb990ee85.png

Slightly eccentric results: Rank 1 in rather fewer battles than last time, apparently, but with a noticeably lower WR...!

Done with the following ships:

image.thumb.png.8389e065b1371420cccd4cf5dada8410.png

[LUZ1]
Players
569 posts
11,187 battles

29 games, 1 in radar Mino, rest in Gearing

Beta Tester
99 posts
4,174 battles

Ranked out the first time. 🥳

Took me 27 battles. 1 in Halland 26 in Venezia.

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,644 battles

23 matches, all Haku.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
561 posts

24 Battles. 1st battle in fat freddy, couple in DM, same for Moskva. 2 games in Yamato and Montana, after reaching rank 3 I took Benham.

[DKK]
Players
137 posts
2,920 battles

havent reached rank one yet,  it seems impossible,  every time im one down to rank up to rank 3 i lose 7-9 games in a row,  then i can start over,   WG is choosing the team with most pay to win ships to win and that is so unfair. and they make damn sure that if you do not pay you do not win, or so it seems, or somebody explain why i have to lose 7-9 games in a row every time i get close. and now im on my 7th run trying. 

[SM0KE]
Players
5,407 posts
13,256 battles
35 minutes ago, kenalb said:

havent reached rank one yet,  it seems impossible,  every time im one down to rank up to rank 3 i lose 7-9 games in a row,  then i can start over,   WG is choosing the team with most pay to win ships to win and that is so unfair. and they make damn sure that if you do not pay you do not win, or so it seems, or somebody explain why i have to lose 7-9 games in a row every time i get close. and now im on my 7th run trying. 

Your tin foil hat restricting circulation?

Being sensible, you're experiencing the same exasperation that I did (you'll note that I only have one battle this season of Ranked that isn't in a standard silver ship); the ability of the player base to fully embrace the tuber has been spectacular recently - it's probably due to all the new/occasional players that COVID has brought out of the woodwork.

Although the potatoes are generally fairly evenly split between the teams, random clumping means that sometimes one or other team will get sufficient spuds to keep Walkers supplied for a year. You can mitigate this a bit though:

• Play Ranked at non-peak times; at more antisocial hours, only the most enthusiastic will be playing, which should reduce - slightly - the COVID crowd.
  • Play in a division, if possible; all my games were solo this time, but having at least one other player on your side who knows what they're doing, and has your back, helps a lot.
  • Take a break whenever you feel the red mist descending - when you're pi$$ed off, you're more likely to make mistakes yourself, so take time out to decompress.
  • Try and get it done as soon as the previous measures permit; with every less idiotic player that ranks out, the pool of available players who aren't hopeless decreases.

Other than that, unless you have a truly biblical level of carrying ability, it really is an exercise in persistence, unfortunately...

• Cool 4

Players
2,875 posts
16,261 battles

41 battles, very mixed ships for converting 200% XP bonuses to FXP.

The play was so mind numbingly bad - all the dmg records were losses. Played DD whenever the frustration levels got critical. 

Winrates below (Midway game ended in 5 minutes).

image.thumb.png.1c374d55b0a996edbdf1660080ab314d.png

• Cool 1

[DKK]
Players
137 posts
2,920 battles

405 battles and stil rank 4

• Funny 2

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

Hmmm looking at all of you it seems I got a little lucky with my teams with 39 battles across Conqueror, Mino, Audacious and Neptune. 
image.png.6c52f8b2a444ee8c3b89cbf6a4edc7b8.png

[DKK]
Players
137 posts
2,920 battles
28 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

yeah, I think its you. Sorry to be so blunt

well it is all my fault not the other 11 players on my team 

• Funny 1

Players
131 posts
Just now, kenalb said:

It's of course not all your fault but you are a very bad player at the moment. You will hopefully get better with time and more games, but at the moment I would hate to have you on my team.

Players
1,405 posts
6,601 battles

According to WOWS stats numbers, as of now, there are about 10000 players already ranked out and 27000 who participated in the ranked but not yet ranked out.

About 4700 players are below rank 3, about 10000 are between rank 5 and 3, and about 12000 above rank 5.

1: 10000

2-3 : 4700

4-5: 10000

6-10: 12000

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,407 posts
13,256 battles
1 hour ago, kenalb said:

Not all of it, but assuming Ranked works vaguely similarly to randoms:

• The bulk of games will be won/lost more or less regardless of what you do.
  • The games that matter are the 'edge' cases, where how good a player is will nudge the result one way or the other (over a large enough data-set).

As a result of these edge cases, better players will have higher overall WR, and the less good will see the reverse. For those of us who aren't unicums, the aim should be to - at least - not be a drag on the team, so as to allow any better players on your side more of a chance to do their thing.

If you'll permit me to infer a few things from your current stats that might be helpful for the future:

image.thumb.png.599cfd57721426179b232353f7e3630d.png

The above distribution pattern (for randoms) is an enormous flashing warning sign: you've effectively skipped all the 'learning' tiers and more or less gone straight to 8+ (as indicated by the average tier - 8.2). There are a number of down-sides to this, but they mostly relate to not having a chance to acquire the necessary skill-set to hold your own in higher tiers i.e. you're increasing the chances of your personal edge cases being defeats.

image.thumb.png.c98ff63764466d8383b2154f575191fa.png

The above information provides more flashing warning signs. As well as jumping straight to high tiers, you're (essentially) only playing one ship type - BBs - and from only one nation - KM. This is also unwise, if you want to maximise your chances of nudging over the line to a win (although I get the appeal of the KM - have a butchers at my own port; the only one I'm missing - I think - is Currywurst).

Rather than just point out where you may be going wrong, please permit a few suggestions:

• Drop back a few tiers (probably to the 5-7 range, if you don't want to be mauled by the T4 CVs) for a while, and take the time to polish your skills, especially via-a-vis situational awareness and the vision mechanics (these areas IMO are what tend to win/lose more games than almost anything else).
  • Diversify the nations and ship types that you play; if you get a decent number of games under your belt in things that aren't German battleships you'll become a far better player, mainly because you'll have a better understanding of what things other than your preferred ship type can/can't do, and what their aims are vis-a-vis defeating you.
  • Try and division (preferably using voice comms) with other players who can offer you helpful feedback - they may well help you find stuff out that you might have been missing previously.
  • Try and get involved with Clan Wars; it can be easier to learn high tiers there as (in theory) everyone on your team is vaguely coordinated, there are fewer enemy ships to keep track of, and (often) you have a unified strategy.

Of course, most of this won't help you right now (except for the divisioning part); but it gives a few pointers for how to get better for the next round of Ranked and hopefully you'll have a less frustrating experience next time.

• Cool 3

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
243 posts
4,088 battles

54% WR after 41 games.

I started constantly losing and winning games on Rank 3, all I needed was 5 victories in a row. Played mostly Haku but with her I got this constant win/lose, tried some Smolensk and Thunderer but finally managed the 5 victories in Jean Bart. You could basically feel how many players died their way up and were now stuck on Rank 3 as well. It was very unpleasant to play, even with division friendos.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
907 posts
9,134 battles

If you want to rank out very fast, you should play the most overpowered class in the game, CV's. If you don't want to play the braindead class, you can play DDs which rank out much faster than cruisers or battleships.

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,403 battles

Just couldn't get the Z52 to work 😥 and Halland I used if a CV was in the queue 

Screenshot_20200507-154243.png

Screenshot_20200507-154306.png

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
685 posts
11,309 battles
On 5/6/2020 at 3:23 PM, kenalb said:

hahah you utter noob what pay to winn ships ? :P

[NODDY]
[NODDY]
Beta Tester
85 posts
12,910 battles

got stuck at Rank 5, still trying though, just plenty of Spuds and occasionally when I have had a particularity bad team I do some stat checking on my team line up. Mostly below 50% players with 3-6k games and the kicker is the average XP and when you see figure like 600 for 2500 games, you realize, well you can not take it seriously. This is a shame, as I feel RANKED SPRINT should be aimed at t5, 6, 7 and should only be tech tree ships and 7 v 7. Which then encourages new players to tech tree lines and learning different classes and different nations. Which then does improve higher tier game play. I play t10 for what is meant to be the premier league of ship skill , and game play, but all I seem to see is potatoes, who do not know shizzle about their ships nor the games tactics, and sadly RNG allows them to get away with dreadful game play and therefor they think thats the way to do it!.....

This high tier Arms race is a joke, and all I am doing it for is the bribe of some coal!.

[DKK]
Players
137 posts
2,920 battles

finally made it to rank 3 but no win there so far,  one guy in my clan told me that i should buy a tier 9 ship like yamatos sistership then  WG gurantees a steady win streak of 35 in a row hmm buy to win i say

Sign in to follow this