You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
achim1968

better Dispersion with Artillery Plotting Room Mod 1?

4 comments in this topic

[_KAP_]
Players
51 posts
14,300 battles

Hello,

I was sure that Artillery Plotting Room 1 has no effect on the dispersion as it is also written in the wiki. I was surprised when I calculated the quotient of dispersion and range in both cases.
With Artillery Plotting Room 1 the value is better (i.e. North Carolina). I know that the dispersion is not completely linear, but the decisive question would be: is the dispersion at e.g. 17 km better with Artillery Plotting Room 1?
Does anyone have more detailed information?

Best regards

Achim

[_KAP_]
Players
51 posts
14,300 battles
20 hours ago, achim1968 said:

Hello,

I was sure that Artillery Plotting Room 1 has no effect on the dispersion as it is also written in the wiki. I was surprised when I calculated the quotient of dispersion and range in both cases.
With Artillery Plotting Room 1 the value is better (i.e. North Carolina). I know that the dispersion is not completely linear, but the decisive question would be: is the dispersion at e.g. 17 km better with Artillery Plotting Room 1?
Does anyone have more detailed information?

Best regards

Achim

I have the data from the game and also from the site wowsft.com.

Maybe I didn't explain it well.

For example North Carolina

•     Without Art Plot Mod 1, the dispersion at 23.26 km is 293 m. That would be (linearly) calculated down to 1 km distance 293/23.26 = 12.60.
  •     With Art Plot Mod 1 the scattering at 26.98 km would be 330 m 330 / 26.98 = 12.23 which is more accurate.  This is not explained by the data in the Wiki.

The question now is, if there is already a difference when I shoot at a target in 17 km distance.

Maybe it is worth to skill Art Plot Mod 1, even if I don't want to shoot so far?

Players
8,061 posts
8,886 battles
28 minutes ago, achim1968 said:

I have the data from the game and also from the site wowsft.com.

Maybe I didn't explain it well.

For example North Carolina

•     Without Art Plot Mod 1, the dispersion at 23.26 km is 293 m. That would be (linearly) calculated down to 1 km distance 293/23.26 = 12.60.
  •     With Art Plot Mod 1 the scattering at 26.98 km would be 330 m 330 / 26.98 = 12.23 which is more accurate.  This is not explained by the data in the Wiki.

The question now is, if there is already a difference when I shoot at a target in 17 km distance.

Maybe it is worth to skill Art Plot Mod 1, even if I don't want to shoot so far?

Dispersion is not a simple a*x, but a*x+b.

So, the b value gets diluted over distance, but if you just shoot at 17 km, both setups are the exact same.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_and_Aiming#Shell_dispersion

[_KAP_]
Players
51 posts
14,300 battles
9 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Dispersion is not a simple a*x, but a*x+b.

So, the b value gets diluted over distance, but if you just shoot at 17 km, both setups are the exact same.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_and_Aiming#Shell_dispersion

Hi, thanks for the answer. The formula for US BBs seems to be Range x 10 + 60. This explains the values. So the dispersion at 17 km should be the same.

I think we can close the thread here.