You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheRonson

Stop players using Ranked Sprint until they read the rules

13 comments in this topic

Players
216 posts

WG can you please link an " instruction page "  to the Ranked Battle Icon on the home Port page, a link you must click on to go forward. :fish_book:   It seems that at least 70% don't understand the objective of the battle.:Smile_unsure:

Today 4 ships left in each team and yet 2 Yamoto's on the same team thought it appropriate to be swanning around 18k or more from the Key Capture Area :Smile-angry: so they would arrive at the battle the following Spring!   

Even on the WG dedicated page for sprint battle, it doesn't explain " Key Area will appear"  even though it is in the top centre of the screen for the first 8 mins and this is the objective?

I know it feels like you " have to spell it out " but if that's what it takes.

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles
4 minutes ago, TheRonson said:

It seems that at least 70% don't understand the objective of the battle.

So... Hows that different from Random battles??...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 6

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Basically half my lost Ranked Sprint battles were because of teams that sailed to the sides of the map and simply  got outcapped before they could get near the key area in time 🙄

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles
8 hours ago, Corvi said:

Basically half my lost Ranked Sprint battles were because of teams that sailed to the sides of the map and simply  got outcapped before they could get near the key area in time 🙄

Yep the other day I wasnt able to shoot at any red ships with my Ohio couse they were so far out I was out of range, and I was in the cap zone mind you...

[ADRIA]
Players
271 posts
12,253 battles

You overestimate the average player, most of them cannot read anyway. 

• Funny 3

Players
2,904 posts
14,921 battles
13 hours ago, TheRonson said:

WG can you please link an " instruction page "  to the Ranked Battle Icon on the home Port page, a link you must click on to go forward. :fish_book:   It seems that at least 70% don't understand the objective of the battle.:Smile_unsure:

Today 4 ships left in each team and yet 2 Yamoto's on the same team thought it appropriate to be swanning around 18k or more from the Key Capture Area :Smile-angry: so they would arrive at the battle the following Spring!   

Even on the WG dedicated page for sprint battle, it doesn't explain " Key Area will appear"  even though it is in the top centre of the screen for the first 8 mins and this is the objective?

Sprint1.jpg

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

Teams were awesome all morning. 

[-LA-]
Players
658 posts
4,765 battles
14 hours ago, TheRonson said:

its always a mistake to blame people for behaviour , people will flow down whatever path is provided for them, the problem as always is in the design.

you think people dont know? i posit they do but WG punish them for doing that and reward them for what they are doing.

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
549 posts
4,693 battles

Wait, what? There's a capture area? Thinking about it that would explain a lot of things

• Funny 1

Players
561 posts

My team loses all its DDs and Cruisers sometime after the Center Cap spawns. I lose my DM trying to sink last enemy DD with my radar and trying to contest the cap. After I'm gone only our Moskva is contesting the center cap and soon sinks. Enemy team manages to reach 900 points to our 400. At this point our 3 full HP BBs manage to make the trip form the spawn/map border and contest the cap. Overall situation is our 6 vs their 4. I have no idea what happens the next 5min cause the when timer hits 19min we only have one full hp Monty left and when the counter hits zero even that monty has only 10k hp left.

And its this guy.

20200502162406_1.thumb.jpg.cd64a584175153c6fbaa2f116e21094c.jpg

It would be nice that the players knew the rules for Ranked, but It would also be nice If the most hardened gluesniffers could not enter high tier ranked matches or something.

Beta Tester
275 posts
15,681 battles
14 hours ago, TheRonson said:

WG can you please link an " instruction page "  to the Ranked Battle Icon on the home Port page, a link you must click on to go forward:fish_book:   It seems that at least 70% don't understand the objective of the battle.:Smile_unsure:

You really believe that would change anything? :DD

Players
1,981 posts
12,990 battles
6 hours ago, Miki12345 said:

You overestimate the average player, most of them cannot read anyway. 

Technically you are wrong. They can read. Reading with understanding though is where they do fail. So here is where @TheRonsons idea fails badly. 

• Funny 1