You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Harvin87

Best tier 8 dispertion in Battleships

9 comments in this topic

[OOPSY]
Players
90 posts
2,530 battles

Hello Captains,

I've recently grinded until Bismarck, which I really enjoy but now I'm thinking about broading my horizons. Since the most obvios con on Bismarck is the dispertion, I wanted to ask you, Which (non-premium) is the best BB in terms of dispertion? I would like to grind another BB line.

Thanks.

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

I think N Carolina, T8 bb on murica line holds the ground for best accuracy ( less DISPERSION)... Can snipe pretty well at 15-20 km, and enjoy the murican improved pen angles. 

Much better than any german. Next, maybe Amagi, T8 IJN , also a good bb who can consistently score cits at 15-18 km.

[XTREM]
Players
2,057 posts
15,145 battles

IIRC, it's North Carolina. 

Between her and Bismarck, the improved accuracy is immediately noticeable. 

[BABBY]
Players
791 posts
11,369 battles
34 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

I think N Carolina, T8 bb on murica line holds the ground for best accuracy ( less DISPERSION)... Can snipe pretty well at 15-20 km, and enjoy the murican improved pen angles. 

Much better than any german. Next, maybe Amagi, T8 IJN , also a good bb who can consistently score cits at 15-18 km.

US bbs dont have improved pen angles, only superheavy shells (greater damage and pen retention). After recent buff german, brit and us bbs share the same dispersion formula. Japs have best horizontal but worst vertical dispersion. NC has best sigma and best theoretical accuracy but very slow shells. Richelieu has bad disp but all guns in one place so it evens out. I dont think there is a clear leader atm, it all depends on range of engagement.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,534 posts
14,494 battles

Lenin feels very accurate. The Vladivostok had it's sigma reduced as that sigma combined with Soviet BB dispersion was too accurate.

Lenin's sigma was left alone and to me feels very accurate.

Amagi feels accurate when firing at long ranges but not at close range.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,417 posts
9,841 battles

If i look at my own hitrate, Bismarck has the highest out of my T8 BBs (not sure about Vladi, i did "grind" her in CBs, so i have no values, but ofc it is accurate)

Followed by

- Richelieu

- Monarch

- NC

- Amagi

But that in itself doesnt mean much. Bismarcks advantage (btw i played her pre-dispersion buff) is, that she can operate closer than other ships thanks to hydro and having basicly no citadel. Also, you might get more hits by being closer, but they might just be overpens.

Infact, if i look at my avg damage, the order is

- NC

- Amagi

- Monarch

- Richelieu

- Bismarck

So basicly opposite to the hitrate, except Amagi switching places with NC, but the difference is only 100.

As @BlackYeti pointed out correctly, NC has the slowest shells of them all. Its very hard to hit with them starting at midrange, but if you do, it often hits like a truck. Also, the better the dispersion, the better you have to aim to make it count.

But my personal experience so far is, T8 BBs seem to be fairly balanced amongst each other -  i got almost same damage on all of em. The silver ones that is, massa is just the king :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[ATUM]
Beta Tester
398 posts
6,048 battles
15 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

All true, but you have to mention shell ballistics as well, which are terrible on the US BBs.

USN 16-inch shells take forever to reach their targets, so you have to pay attention to how much lead you give.