You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Norwood

What makes you consider quitting WoWs?

What makes you consider quitting WoWs?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. What do you dislike so much that you consider quitting WoWs?

• Broken CVs
    • Broken matchmaking
    • Broken HE spam
    • Broken promises

260 comments in this topic

[D-P-B]
[D-P-B]
Players
47 posts
13,045 battles

A lot of players are getting truly fed up with the broken aspects of this game. What are your dislikes?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,275 posts
10,045 battles

Even if I dont like certain aspects of the game, I like it as a whole and I like the social aspect: players who I play with regularly and consider to be friends. Some if them I even met in person. 

• Cool 8

Players
464 posts
10,223 battles

My tier 8-10s have been gathering rust for a while now, the gameplay of HE/ camping has turned me off. Further down is more engaging,  win or lose.

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,133 posts
8,969 battles

You

jI2SNS.gif

Seriously though...The constant vomiting of endless events. Fortunately they decided to make the current one a campaign.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
567 posts

H,T,F is a Guy supposed to choose :Smile_ohmy: but in WG's defence most other companies do like to Pee on you then tell you it's Raining so what's the difference really?

• Cool 4

Players
6,779 posts
245 battles

Gimped yorkie and ruddy subs in randoms and ranked.

Heard weegee even tested out guided missles at somepoint.

• Cool 1

Players
2,178 posts
31 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Subs in random.

+ 1,000 this....

As far as I am concerned you wants Subs then go play Silent Hunter....

• Cool 11
  • Bad 2

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 45 Minuten, peoplescavalry sagte:

My tier 8-10s have been gathering rust for a while now, the gameplay of HE/ camping has turned me off. Further down is more engaging,  win or lose.

It's more fun in coop, so you might try that. I have played randoms after months of abstinence again to grind a bit on my minor accounts, and it is horrible. I am mediocre, but if I end up top of the team as often as now, something is wrong with the player quality. Yes, much camping, lemmingtraining, running away, sitting afk etc., and even if it is plainly visible that we are losing if we do not at least try something else, nothing ever happens. So, as soon as I realize my team is a hopeless case and wasting my time and nerves, I try to get out of this freakshow asap. Yolo, kill, die, start the next game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,159 posts

It's more like a cluster of issues than any single thing, I picked HE because it is a constant problem, even more than the CV's but many see differently. The greedy money grabbing tactics get on my nerves, of course, but ultimately I think it is the lack of content, replayability and general lack of concern by the developers on making the game better both in term of technical aspects as well game design and mechanics that mostly are the single biggest issue I can think of.

• Cool 6

Players
4,014 posts

1. MUPPET TEAMS

2. CVs

3. RB aka NTC

4. SUBS being implemented

5. RUSSIAN BIAS

6. SMOLENSK

7. BS OVERPEN mechanics (also did I mention Smolensk?)

8. GAMBLING MECHANICS infestation

• Cool 17

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

Time spent, likely. I'm on a break now, not sure how long. While the game has some big flaws, it's still a good game. Just not as exciting after 15k games. It's more subjective than any fault on WGs part.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[UA-NF]
Players
319 posts
6,002 battles

lol, those four reasons aren't why people stop playing. Players quit usually when they lose sence of progression, no more interesting ship lines to grind, winrate doesn't improve anymore. Sometimes because their friends quit, clan team gets disbanded. Or they find another game they wanna sink time into.

• Bad 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,329 battles

My biggest problem about wows is that the devs have no clear goal in mind about where the game should be going. What I mean by that is the ruined game economy and a desperate race to keep the players entertained by completely wrong means.

- They are forced to introduce new ship lines constantly to have events around them.
- They print out premium ships and hide them behind grinds or the NTC (The Puerto Rico fiasco).
- The NTC is the most idiotic thing anyone could imagine. With the ships that you need in port for certain events such as ranked or clan battles, you are pretty much forced to grind out lines on rotation and in sync with the times that they are not needed. It would have been perfectly fine if they didn't move the legendary modules to that NTC just to force people to go for some modules that are actually usable.
- The introduction of subs is pure nonsense. There is no way that they can be balanced and fun at the same time.
-Focus on lootboxes everywhere they can in order to keep the people with a gambling problem hooked in is disgusting.

So where is the game actually going? I was hoping of some variation of WoT world map and clan battles centered around them, some expansion on the oil in clans besides maxing out your base and just gathering it for nothing. New game modes, new operations, new campaigns, basically something that isn't centered on milking the last cent out of the playerbases pockets.

So I update the game, wonder about the 20 new ships I have never seen before, play 50-100 battles and then stop playing for the next 5-6 months. There is nothing to keep me interested or going...

• Cool 15

Players
470 posts
8,455 battles

nothing right now, i'll probably just stop playing one day as i did with WOT and many other games

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,329 battles
3 minutes ago, illy said:

nothing right now, i'll probably just stop playing one day as i did with WOT and many other games

Have you seen wot lately? The garage looks like a slot machine when you return... Just flashy things and adverts for "awesome new" premium tanks and lootboxes. 1000 things to do, but nothing actually worth your time. I fear that's where wows is going...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
123 posts
29,039 battles

It's never just one thing, it's a build up of [edited] over the years.

The prevalence of HE spam meaning positioning and angling is irrelevant

The increasing number of high dakka ships that make fire management irrelevant

The increasing number of overmatch BB that make cruiser armour irrelevant

The increasing number of radar that make playing the objective in DDs irrelevent

CV [edited] that is too numerous to post here and everyone know what it is 

And finally the abortion that will be subs that will finally kill this game for long term players and WG will get what they want high player turn over of people that come in some some money and leave.

• Cool 9

[I-J-N]
Players
4,159 posts
4 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

Have you seen wot lately? The garage looks like a slot machine when you return... Just flashy things and adverts for "awesome new" premium tanks and lootboxes. 1000 things to do, but nothing actually worth your time. I fear that's where wows is going...

Seen it...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[4_0_4]
Players
7,550 posts
13,682 battles

Noone of your options,

But:

4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Subs in random.

3f2.jpeg

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,522 posts
5,980 battles

Submarines.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

Not implementing SS in Randoms. Other than that, nothing. I enjoy this game a lot.

• Bad 1

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
300 posts
7,545 battles

Right now?

The massive number of truly terrible players in IX-X ships playing so bad that every game is a complete kerb stomp one way or another. You can't play a DD, because your support will be busy defending the A line. You can't play a cruiser because your DDs will be behind you. You can't BB because you'll end up alone. You can't CV because teams are folding in less that 10 minutes. 

I wish it was just confirmation bias, but all clan mates and game friends are saying the same thing - teams are terrible right now, every game is hard work, it isn't enjoyable. 

• Cool 9

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
405 posts
12,036 battles

I'd like an "all of the above" option to vote

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
663 posts
12,465 battles

Already left the PC version for the console version.

I'd been playing less and less randoms, mostly just doing event missions in the scenarios and CO-OP. Then they introduced a line of ships i'd really been looking forward to, the Italian cruisers. All the feed back I read about them was negative, they were just so lack lustre. Despite this I opened every lockbox I could earn in game during the early access event and I got Nil, Zero, a big fat 0 Italian cruisers :Smile_amazed: 

This was followed by the final straw, the announcement of submarines to be included in normal gameplay. 

My frustrations with the game up to that point had been adding up. I hardly played any games with T9-10 ships and had only bothered to research a few of those as blueprint only ships just don't interest me. The limited number of tiers on the console means that the top tier ships are those that sit at T8 on the PC, ships that were actually built and have interesting history, so I've already researched, or plan to research, all the DD's and cruisers and I'm actually playing them. I really enjoyed scenarios but WG seems to have abandoned them, the number available to play has actually gone down.

I'd been playing the game on PS4 since the open beta and found I just enjoyed it more than playing on the PC. So since the end of the Italian cruiser early access event I haven't been on the PC version of WoWs. And so far I don't miss carriers, T9-10 ships, having to train new commanders for lower tier ships I want to keep as I move up the tech tree, and I certainly wouldn't miss arcade style submarine gameplay.

(I voted broken promises as they once said there would never be subs in game)

• Cool 3