You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptainCrumpet

Ship Mastery

27 comments in this topic

Players
31 posts

I have really enjoyed my many years of playing this game but find the lack of content outside of new ships is reducing my enjoyment. What I would love to see are some enhancements that would give us a reason to play each ship and gain some rewards.

In World of Tanks they have a Tank Mastery System which I feel could easily be applied to World of Warships, what do you all think? potential ships upgrade rewards or Camo for achieving the Rank.

Mastery Badges – how awesome you need to be?

mastery_badge_1.jpg

Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker - Earn more experience in a single battle than the average highest experience of 99% of all players in the same tank within the last seven days.

mastery_badge_2.jpg

Mastery Badge: I class - Earn more experience in a single battle than the average highest experience of 95% of all players in the same tank within the last seven days.

mastery_badge_3.jpg

Mastery Badge: II class - Earn more experience in a single battle than the average highest experience of 80% of all players in the same tank within the last seven days.

mastery_badge_4_100x.jpg

Mastery Badge: III class - Earn more experience in a single battle than the average highest experience of 50% of all players in the same tank within the last seven days.

• Cool 8

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

Yes, that would be a nice addition to the game.

Beta Tester
713 posts

how awesome it would be if those could be purchased from the premium shop then also wg would be interested in that ...

• Funny 7

Players
3,220 posts

Possibly but we don't want too many things coming from WoT's, maybe the addition of turning off chat but still being able to chat to division members only, that way screening you from all the chat spam antics that do nothing but distract you,also useful for a chat ban.

We do not want' special ammo from WoT's, or XVM.

• Cool 1

Players
2,570 posts
11,389 battles

Well we do have class mastery badges.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,140 posts

Badges are nice, back in pre-school we collected red.. and er... black stars that were displayed on the class room wall..

But on topic, I'd like it if it were a little easier to remember which ships suit me best. I know we can set them as 'Primaries'.. but... there are just too many ships I like to set as 'Primaries'....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
31 posts
32 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Well we do have class mastery badges.

Actually that is not a bad idea, have strips on the guns showing your mastery of the ship.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,140 posts
16 minutes ago, CaptainCrumpet said:

Actually that is not a bad idea, have strips on the guns showing your mastery of the ship.

Which really only you will be able too see though.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,140 posts
3 minutes ago, CaptainCrumpet said:

Fine with me, but at least I would have another objective to strive for with each of my ships. Something to be proud of.

You're right, just having a statistical percentage shown somewhere deep in the depths of the UI is not that satisfactory.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,140 posts
Just now, lossi_2018 said:

The gap between unicums and plebs will open even more.

Fine with me, if that gap is called 'The Ocean'. :Smile_trollface:

Players
31 posts
53 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

But on topic, I'd like it if it were a little easier to remember which ships suit me best. I know we can set them as 'Primaries'.. but... there are just too many ships I like to set as 'Primaries'....

Actually your right here, the interface could do with an upgrade as its a nightmare for long term players that have allot of the ships.

• Cool 1

[TUSKS]
Players
61 posts
59 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

The gap between unicums and plebs will open even more.

As I see it, that's the biggest prob with wows today. It's so easy for those with 10k battles, who are regrinding the lines for the 5th time.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,140 posts
4 minutes ago, Bumblenit said:

As I see it, that's the biggest prob with wows today. It's so easy for those with 10k battles, who are regrinding the lines for the 5th time.

Not... necessarily....:Smile_hiding:

Players
565 posts
2 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

We do not want' special ammo from WoT's, or XVM.

Most of the Shenanigans and Antics WOW's pulls on a now regular basis nowadays  I can work around but that would see me gone and it's the reason I don't play WOT's, Although a premium Granite Missile pack that only tracks and Obliterates Carriers from the other side of the map mm Tempting :Smile_trollface:

[RO-RN]
Players
853 posts
10,573 battles

For sure this is a great idea and should be implemented and while we are at it, marks of excellence should be introduced as well.

ff4d9abc4d5a901d4ab019231a6e

Players
3,220 posts
24 minutes ago, motor_g_b said:

Most of the Shenanigans and Antics WOW's pulls on a now regular basis nowadays  I can work around but that would see me gone and it's the reason I don't play WOT's, Although a premium Granite Missile pack that only tracks and Obliterates Carriers from the other side of the map mm Tempting :Smile_trollface:

Lol I m waiting to see what the outcome of the subs are, in as little as a fortnight or less the game will be canned if there is no point in playing BB's or such,itis bad enough now in CV's when there are four DD's per team, simply far too many to deal with, my CV's are merely spotters for the team now.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,118 posts
8,946 battles

Something like this would be very interesting to have yes.

Players
3,220 posts
15 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

For sure this is a great idea and should be implemented and while we are at it, marks of excellence should be introduced as well.

ff4d9abc4d5a901d4ab019231a6e

That will just bring in another form of snobbery as does stats for all to see,and just drive more and more folk away,seems WG wants to do that anyway

[I-J-N]
Players
4,140 posts
18 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

That will just bring in another form of snobbery as does stats for all to see,and just drive more and more folk away,seems WG wants to do that anyway

This type of snobbery holds no appeal for me. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,368 posts
18,460 battles

Before WG adds Marks of Mastery, i‘d like to see them introduce tutorials that provide Marks of Mastering the basics. 

I.e. congrats, you know now how to: 

press W

angle

use AP at broadsides

use consumeables like Radar at the right time

know that camping is dumb

know what the funny little circles on the mini map are for

know what the mini map is for

know that CVs are toxic and shouldn’t be played

Once we have this kind of system, WG can start implementing MoE and MoM. 

Until then it‘s rather pointless.

Players
2,570 posts
11,389 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainCrumpet said:

Maybe a mastery flag or something is better, afterall its a ship game not tanks :Smile-_tongue:

I mean in all honesty I think it would be harder to see the markings on the barrel on a ship, a flag or maybe some signal flags may be a better visual indicator imo.

• Cool 1

Players
2,570 posts
11,389 battles
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Before WG adds Marks of Mastery, i‘d like to see them introduce tutorials that provide Marks of Mastering the basics. 

I.e. congrats, you know now how to: 

press W

angle

use AP at broadsides

use consumeables like Radar at the right time

know that camping is dumb

know what the funny little circles on the mini map are for

know what the mini map is for

know that CVs are toxic and shouldn’t be played

Once we have this kind of system, WG can start implementing MoE and MoM. 

Until then it‘s rather pointless.

HA YOU MAKE ME LAUGH GO TO GULAG | Gulag Meme on ME.ME

The world will end before they ever bother making a tutorial. Videos comrade, videos are enough to teach anyone how to play this game.