You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DxN69

CB ratings, expressing perfectly our feelings about CVs

227 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles

Yes truly pitiful isn't it? 

Many clans were late recruiting the best of the best and are now shafted by not having strong enough CV players to field as no-one expected CVS to enter CB even though it was obvious. 

Now they want them gone of course. As they are feeling the pain of being beaten by clans that never felt the privilege of getting close to hurricane. 

This is the difference it makes having a CV player who knows their crap. By removing the class outright they remove the problem of having the scrap that was left on the market of CV players instead of the better end of the stick. 

That's just a theory however :D

As I see it CBs improved by having CVS as it ended to boring stationary campfest of last season

• Cool 18
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 17

[LEEUW]
Players
2,241 posts
9,997 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Now they want them gone of course. As they are feeling the pain of being beaten by clans that never felt the privilege of getting close to hurricane. 

All these clans are top of the bunch and have multiple SU CV players in their ranks. So although it might be true for some clans, your theory most certainly doesnt hold ground for the highlighted clans above. ;)

• Cool 24

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles
Gerade eben, GarrusBrutus sagte:

All these clans are top of the bunch and have multiple SU CV players in their ranks. So although it might be true for some clans, your theory most certainly doesnt hold ground for the highlighted clans above. ;)

:D

I wonder who these names would be. There are only so few memorable ones but you are right. There are a few exceptional CV players around together with a few rising talents here and there. 

Vor 1 Minute, CptBarney sagte:

Well this thread is going to nice and orderly.

Are you bored or something? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
6,759 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Are you bored or something? 

Could ask you the same thing too be honest.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts

The potential carrier players in those clans include Reis_pt (NOCV), Get_Wrecked_bro (NOCV), Definitely_noc_a_CV_main (CVOUT), Nocturnal_Scream (CVOUT) - I don't even know if any of them play CV in CB, but they seem to be pretty decent at it should they ever want to give it a go. I find it unlikely that any clan could get much of an advantage against these teams in the CV department.

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, AndyHill sagte:

The potential carrier players in those clans include Reis_pt (NOCV), Get_Wrecked_bro (NOCV), Definitely_noc_a_CV_main (CVOUT), Nocturnal_Scream (CVOUT) - I don't even know if any of them play CV in CB, but they seem to be pretty decent at it should they ever want to give it a go. I find it unlikely that any clan could get much of an advantage against these teams in the CV department.

Exactly. 

They (other clans) can't get advantages because those and a few others are the only super unicums worth a dime. 

The only clan not up there yet that holds crazy CV players not up there yet is PARAZ and THESO hasn't reached hurricane yet either. PANEU has a promising candidate and that's it. 

And this is the list of current top performing CV players in high tiers. 

If you don't have any of the top 20 in that list you are pretty much in trouble. 

Screenshot_20200502_132608_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts

So would you say then that the reason those clans expressed their opinion against carriers in competitive is something other than not having good CV players themselves?

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles
Gerade eben, AndyHill sagte:

So would you say then that the reason those clans expressed their opinion against carriers in competitive is something other than not having good CV players themselves?

No I was poking fun at it. 

As you can see in the list TTT alone has 3 God level CV players. 

The problem is there simply aren't many and skill gap is real. Skill gap is likely one of the reasons why they complain. 

ONE of the other reasons so I believe is however that these clans I believe don't like the idea of other clans reaching up high with the help of great CV players. 

• Funny 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
8 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

My guess is its the same reason as the majority of this player-base.

Refusal to adapt to something new, they rather stick to their stale game play instead of changing strategy, camping islands takes far less grey cells than anything else.

The biggest advantage of having a good CV in your clan is not only the players capability of playing the class itself, but the knowledge to adapt the strategy of the clan and counter- play the class itself.

Since the CV population is already extremely small and the amount of good CV players is borderline almost non-existent, very few clans have access to those benefits.

That's why some have advantages over others.

Some clans simply have no idea how to play against a CV in CW and it shows, my clan was one of those before  I joined.

What? you think it will be different when subs will be introduced? it will be the exact same thing.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 9

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
11 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Exactly. 

They (other clans) can't get advantages because those and a few others are the only super unicums worth a dime. 

The only clan not up there yet that holds crazy CV players not up there yet is PARAZ and THESO hasn't reached hurricane yet either. PANEU has a promising candidate and that's it. 

And this is the list of current top performing CV players in high tiers. 

If you don't have any of the top 20 in that list you are pretty much in trouble. 

Screenshot_20200502_132608_com.android.chrome.jpg

Oh nice, glad to see i'm part of the list, although i still have a long way to go.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles
Vor 1 Minute, steveraptor sagte:

Oh nice, glad to see i'm part of the list, although i still have a long way to go.

You will be up there for sure. Your mindset and current stats promise high potential. 

Prepare for all the salty tears ★

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts
15 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

ONE of the other reasons so I believe is however that these clans I believe don't like the idea of other clans reaching up high with the help of great CV players. 

All of the clans on the list, the ones with CV pokes in their names and the ones with no such things, have superb CV, BB, CACL and DD players. I bet all of them wanted all of the best players of all of the ship types in their team. The reason they chose to demonstrate their opinion on having CVs in CBs is different.

• Cool 9

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles
Vor 1 Minute, AndyHill sagte:

All of the clans on the list, the ones with CV pokes in their names and the ones with no such things, have superb SV, BB, CACL and DD players. I bet all of them wanted all of the best players of all of the ship types in their team. The reason they chose to demonstrate their opinion on having CVs in CBs is different.

Let's settle on what you said :) 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts
10 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

Refusal to adapt to something new, they rather stick to their stale game play instead of changing strategy, camping islands takes far less grey cells than anything else.

No, but that's another discussion. As far as this discussion goes I'd just like to know if you really think that the highest placed EU team in the entire competition has had significant trouble - far more than most - in adjusting to the meta in a CV-infested CV season? I mean the ones at the very top. Trouble adjusting. Really?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles
Gerade eben, El2aZeR sagte:

Seriously, just stop. You know well as I do that CVs are incredibly broken and this is precisely the reason why clans are campaigning against them despite having top CV players available. Your trolling isn't even funny anymore at this point.

Geez. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

Players
67 posts
2,304 battles
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Seriously, just stop. You know well as I do that CVs are incredibly broken and this is precisely the reason why clans are campaigning against them despite having top CV players available. Your trolling isn't even funny anymore at this point.

11 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Geez. 

Waifu fight now :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 3

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,574 posts
13,496 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

I don't think so. Having a crazy good CV player is all well and good of course, but it's not like you're going to flounder without one, you're still perfectly capable of getting into Hurricane, even when matched against such teams. 

Though IDK if we are going to be among the top 20 by rating this time. Maybe, but we'll see. The issue is mostly a matter of motivation. Some people prefer the old meta, and you can't blame them, really.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
6,334 battles

Being CV main feels like cleaning the sewer. It sure is appreciated, but still a crap job.

Competitive itself is just boring right now...

• Cool 8

[RO-RN]
Players
13 posts
15,405 battles
2 hours ago, steveraptor said:

My guess is its the same reason as the majority of this player-base.

The biggest advantage of having a good CV in your clan is not only the players capability of playing the class itself, but the knowledge to adapt the strategy of the clan and counter- play the class itself.

Since the CV population is already extremely small and the amount of good CV players is borderline almost non-existent, very few clans have access to those benefits.

That's why some have advantages over others.

Some clans simply have no idea how to play against a CV in CW and it shows, my clan was one of those before  I joined.

What? you think it will be different when subs will be introduced? it will be the exact same thing.

Really!?!?! 4 of the best clans do not have good cv players... Can you find any other childish explanation or this is all you can bring? Anyway, I never saw your name into KOTS Discord, so I know for sure you are totally unaware of competition feelings (non-WG competition). Same for the troll @Yoshanai

• Bad 1

[NCDF]
Players
137 posts
4,557 battles

The problem with CV's is that there is no counter to something that has nothing to do with skill. 

-You have unlimited range. So you can't die early, can't overextend, or anything alike. So you're always alive till the very end. You can strike everyone else for high damage without risking any of your own HP.

-You have unlimited mobility. Other ships can not angle against you, because you have unlimited mobility. The only thing that can even be dodged are torpedos, usually making you show broadside so enemy BB's. Rockets and bombs can not be dodged at all, and even worse, becasue they drop from the sky there is no angling possible what so ever. With AP-bombs, you always will do citadel damage. Not because of any skill, but simply because there i no angling possible.

-Possibility to deal lots of damage is way to high. Just had such a great game yesterday in ranked. Enemy Hakuryu put full target on me in my DesMoines, even though i had a Montana, Kremlin, and Halland right around me. From a balanced-mind point of view, you should think that the CV should lose all planes without doing any damage... Makes sense when flying into 4 ships with all decent AA. Unfortunately, not quite the case... He got 3 ttackruns in, all 3 approaching me from the wrong direction, hitting me for over 40k damage, all citadel of course. What the hell am i supposed to do? It's not that he outskilled me, no, not at all, in fact, I did everything right, perfectly angled to counter his bomb-elipse, in a decent AA-ship, having 3 more decend AA-ships right around me, while he did everthing wrong, attacking a ship that is positioned against him, attacking a ship with decent AA and surrounded by 3 ships with decent AA. And still he got to dominate me! Not because of any skills, but because there is no possible way to counter anything that has nothing to do with skill. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,810 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, DxN69 sagte:

Really!?!?! 4 of the best clans do not have good cv players... Can you find any other childish explanation or this is all you can bring? Anyway, I never saw your name into KOTS Discord, so I know for sure you are totally unaware of competition feelings (non-WG competition). Same for the troll @Yoshanai

Dude who cares about your KOTS discord? 

Do you really think the greatest of players and the best talents need to be a part of that to be credible? 

Also you should by now have realized that if we approach more skilled individuals we also find less and less of them. An absolute minority that will never be seen as a voice more powerful than the avg potato. 

You think just because these clanmembers play high end compete give that they are worth and weighting in more towards WG decision making than the rest? 

Also you might think to highly of some of these clans CV players. Since naming and shaming is not allowed I will not adress clans or the individual players names here. They are good don't get me wrong. One does not easily reach 70% (actually im joking 70% is a must to be considered good) 

You are better of asking your own clans CV player how these things work before trying to speak about these things with bare ideas. 

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
13 posts
15,405 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

Dude who cares about your KOTS discord? 

Do you really think the greatest of players and the best talents need to be a part of that to be credible? 

This is the proof that you have no idea of the game, mate. The Clan Battles and KOTS are the only places were you can play skilled games, far away from the noobs that are infesting the game nowadays. This was really the last piece for me, from you. I do not think you deserve any of my time.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1