Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
zeeschuimer

Naval Battles

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts

Naval Battles are a nice thing to do with your clan, versus another clan.

Unlike Clan Battles it is played between players who don't participate in it.

Now there are some things in Naval BAttles I struggle with.

First thing is, that when Naval Battles are on, people who don't play this mode spoil it many times for those who do.

How? When the game is about damage or ribbons, capping it out.

Pretty unsportive and actually leads to team damage by the irritated players, who lose their chances by this childish behaviour.

When it is about XP you see 'seal clobbers' going low tier with their top captains, not leaving any chance for beginners.

Isn't it possible to:

 

1. Enlarge the capping time, but give more XP the longer the capping lasts?

2. Not letting people join who don't have Naval Battles switched on?

3. Limiting the captain level like it is done with the tier?

4. Introduce something like team death match without capping at all?

 

Next I noticed there are big clans, with like 60 players fighting clans with only 30 players.

The last is pretty chanceless winning it, as, when both clans have equally good players.

Simply because they have more attempts reaching their goals.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,343 posts
10,566 battles

*edit*

 

On 5/2/2020 at 10:39 AM, zeeschuimer said:

Next I noticed there are big clans, with like 60 players

 

Cant have 60 players in a clan.

 

*edit*

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,090 posts
8,430 battles

I think you are looking to much into this. The standard of play in my experience don't change in the slightest when Naval Battles is on. People still don't cap or all rush to the same cap, people still farm damage regardless of outcome, play premiums or sealclub on the lower tiers etc etc.

 

Naval Battles are alright, switching between damage, ribbons and base XP is better than just one of those, the oil rewards are distributed regardless if you win or not so it does not hurt to play even if you face a larger clan. Not a deal breaker, nothing special, just leave it honestly.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
318 posts
10,752 battles
2 hours ago, zeeschuimer said:

Naval Battles are a nice thing to do with your clan, versus another clan.

Unlike Clan Battles it is played between players who don't participate in it.

Now there are some things in Naval BAttles I struggle with.

First thing is, that when Naval Battles are on, people who don't play this mode spoil it many times for those who do.

How? When the game is about damage or ribbons, capping it out.

Pretty unsportive and actually leads to team damage by the irritated players, who lose their chances by this childish behaviour.

When it is about XP you see 'seal clobbers' going low tier with their top captains, not leaving any chance for beginners.

Isn't it possible to:

 

1. Enlarge the capping time, but give more XP the longer the capping lasts?

2. Not letting people join who don't have Naval Battles switched on?

3. Limiting the captain level like it is done with the tier?

4. Introduce something like team death match without capping at all?

 

Next I noticed there are big clans, with like 60 players fighting clans with only 30 players.

The last is pretty chanceless winning it, as, when both clans have equally good players.

Simply because they have more attempts reaching their goals.

Naval battles are simply around to farm oil, if you got people in your clan who don't play it, and you don't like it kick them.  I think you will find people seal club to seal club, not because of oil, hardly anyone really bothers about naval battles, most clans simply just remind people to turn them on. It doesn't make sense to make huge changes to the game (capping time) or a death match which simply wont work at all, because people wouldn't no intension of pushing, since their are no caps, so you would find people in turtle divs just setting up for the enemies to push since a large amount of active clans are already maxed out, and to boil it down no one cares about naval battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,825 battles

OP you are playing Naval Battles wrong, only clue I will give you is that you division up with 2 clan members, 1 has naval battles turned on, the other 2 have them turned off, so now you go and work out how to implement it and wether you go into a Random or Co op game, down to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts
On 5/2/2020 at 10:54 AM, ForlornSailor said:

Cant have 60 players in a clan.

*edit*

60 was my mistake, allright. 50 versus 20 is still 30 more, ok? so 300 attemts more, ok? 

*edit*

 

Olonborre, my clan is pretty succesful in the Naval Battles. When analysed what happens and what commenst I receive, a deeper insight is necessary.

We know tricks, strategies etc. But that is not what I try to state. I see things happen and think about it.

Oil doesn't really bother us, as our base is 80% finished already.

 

*edit*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,201 posts
14,119 battles
On 5/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, zeeschuimer said:

*edit*

My comment was not about the attempts, but your suggestions.

Secondly, WG monitors the activity of the participating clans. Except for the very small clans, clans matched against each other have similar activity. In all this time, our clan did not face even one clan who did not completly outmatch us.

 

When somebody does team damage because of the battles, he misunderstand how they work.

 

  1. Capping works fine, no need to make it longer. That would only interrupt capping easier and make it even harder and therefore less important.
  2. When you do not want to play the battles, do not play them.
  3. What has the captain level to do with the Naval Battles? Clans have thousands of captains from 0 to 19 points. That is why I commented about your understanding of the competition.
  4. Why do you want to remove capping now? This has no influence on the competition.

Your suggestions make no sense.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts
On 5/3/2020 at 1:24 PM, ColonelPete said:

My comment was not about the attempts, but your suggestions.

Secondly, WG monitors the activity of the participating clans. Except for the very small clans, clans matched against each other have similar activity. In all this time, our clan did not face even one clan who did not completly outmatch us.

 

When somebody does team damage because of the battles, he misunderstand how they work.

 

  1. Capping works fine, no need to make it longer. That would only interrupt capping easier and make it even harder and therefore less important.
  2. When you do not want to play the battles, do not play them.
  3. What has the captain level to do with the Naval Battles? Clans have thousands of captains from 0 to 19 points. That is why I commented about your understanding of the competition.
  4. Why do you want to remove capping now? This has no influence on the competition.

Your suggestions make no sense.

 

 

About your answers:

 

1. That is your opinion, I notice other opinions in and outside my clan.

2. Can't do anything with such an answer. Take people who are in this forum serious, just an advice.

3. If you think it has nothing to do with the matchmaking. I'm afraid it does.

4. Because people who are doing their best to make damage don't get a chance to reach the goals set in Naval Battles by their own team, thats why.

 

You last comment makes no sense at all.

The advice of Wargaming to discuss matters on the forum are useless as any suggestion, idea or critics are constantly waved away.

How do you think this contributes to a positive community?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,201 posts
14,119 battles
5 minutes ago, zeeschuimer said:

About your answers:

 

1. That is your opinion, I notice other opinions in and outside my clan.

2. Can't do anything with such an answer. Take people who are in this forum serious, just an advice.

3. If you think it has nothing to do with the matchmaking. I'm afraid it does.

4. Because people who are doing their best to make damage don't get a chance to reach the goals set in Naval Battles by their own team, thats why.

 

You last comment makes no sense at all.

The advice of Wargaming to discuss matters on the forum are useless as any suggestion, idea or critics are constantly waved away.

How do you think this contributes to a positive community?

  1. That is what WG said, not an opinion
  2. I take people serious who do not post rubbish
  3. What has this to do with naval battles?
  4. EVERY participant has that problem. Get better! There is a reason you do not have only one attempt.

When your suggestion makes no sense, they do not help the community or the game.

Do you want people flooding the forum with the suggestion: "Make cookies bigger!"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,439 posts
13,436 battles
13 minutes ago, zeeschuimer said:

Coop can always be played and always counts in NB.

True, but I imagine @ForlornSailor may have been alluding to the smaller available xp pool in Coop - you'll struggle to consistently bag more than the easier couple of stages in that mode.

 

As to your original suggestions, I have to agree with the naysayers: Naval Battles doesn't give anything important enough to significantly impact how people play; all you have to do is pick suitable ships and modes, and you should mop up the bulk of the available points (assuming you have a tolerably diverse port). Basically, I wouldn't change anything about the relevant game modes for Naval Battles - it doesn't matter enough to be needed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,503 battles

Hello,

          I've cleaned up the thread and now I'm going to give two pointers which are supported by the forum rules.

 

1. Please do not take rule violates into your own hands, if someone is breaking forum rules then use the report function and a moderator will deal with it when they are available.  That is all you have to do,  please avoid responding to people because you believe they violated the rules. If you have an issue you would like to discuss please feel free to contact a moderator or WarGaming staff member via PM, you can do so through our profile and we will be happy to help where we can.

 

2. Another thing I would like to point out is this quote from the forum rules, "Refrain from posting when you don't have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic." I hope I don't have to explain this, but maybe in the future I should.

 

Kind regards,

                       Minia

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,343 posts
10,566 battles
3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

True, but I imagine @ForlornSailor may have been alluding to the smaller available xp pool in Coop - you'll struggle to consistently bag more than the easier couple of stages in that mode. 

 

That was exactly where I was going at :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,779 posts
245 battles

Damm i thought a swearing match was going on with the amount of red edits in this thread lol.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,439 posts
13,436 battles
21 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

a swearing match

Ooo, time to break out the Shakespearean Insults Generator...?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PICHA]
Players
3 posts
5,687 battles

This game is being screwed ... as every day there are more people who realize that the only thing they care about is collecting, they have no choice but to put bots and it is unplayable shame and a [edited]crap you have no eggs to sink or A [edited]bot, the last one, I went toe to toe with another battleship, I put 204000 on the pull and with two balls that did not sink it, it caught it infinitely many times and as if you were operating, the damage control cooled down in 10 seconds and it should have the hoof of lives that he could use at his [edited]whim with no time to cool down we masters a [edited]crap that's what they're doing with the game

 

I do not know how the google would have translated it, I hope you understanddescarga.thumb.png.abbcb634e7a74c1090a6dce8332216df.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
42 posts
900 battles
2.05.2020 o 11:39, zeeschuimer napisał:

Next I noticed there are big clans, with like 60 players fighting clans with only 30 players.

In Naval Battle your clan is against another clan having similar amounts of players and playing +/- the same amount of battles on average. The maximum number of clan members is 50 not 60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts
On 5/6/2020 at 7:09 PM, ColonelPete said:
  1. That is what WG said, not an opinion
  2. I take people serious who do not post rubbish
  3. What has this to do with naval battles?
  4. EVERY participant has that problem. Get better! There is a reason you do not have only one attempt. 

When your suggestion makes no sense, they do not help the community or the game.

Do you want people flooding the forum with the suggestion: "Make cookies bigger!"?

1. What WG said can't be discussed? Maybe there are reasons to do so.

2. Do you decide what is rubbish and what is not? I have reasons to propose something. This is a forum, right?

3. Well if you are, lets say a tier 5 player with a 5 skills captain, that is something completely different than a tier 5 ship with a 19 skills captain.

4. I am not talking here for myself, you seem to misunderstand that as well.

 

If you don't ask why certain suggestions are made, you can always ask why. Again, this is a forum.

When everything on this forum is measured by one persons feeling if it makes sense or not, tell that.

That's what a forum is for!

I better ignore that last remark. Makes no sense as I never asked for bigger cookies.

I just want to contribute to a FAIR game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,201 posts
14,119 battles
3 minutes ago, zeeschuimer said:

1. What WG said can't be discussed? Maybe there are reasons to do so.

2. Do you decide what is rubbish and what is not? I have reasons to propose something. This is a forum, right?

3. Well if you are, lets say a tier 5 player with a 5 skills captain, that is something completely different than a tier 5 ship with a 19 skills captain.

4. I am not talking here for myself, you seem to misunderstand that as well.

:Smile_facepalm:

  1. Feel free to do so, but does not change the fact that it was not my opinion...
  2. Yes, I can have an opinion about what you post. This is a forum, right?
  3. And that has still nothing to do with Naval Battles.
  4. A friend of friend, right? :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts

1. It has nothing to do about opinions, like there has to be a vote or so. It is about arguments. That is what is missing.

I gave my reasons why to discuss things, not a question to be answered with non-information.

 

2. Yes you can have an opinion. But as this is indeed a forum, say why you think it's rubbish. I can give you reasons enouigh why I think it is not.

 

3. Yes it has. If you think this has nothing to do with eachother, then XP in a tier 1 battle should be as large as in a tier 10 battle.

And we both know it isn't.

 

4. Maybe I am in a clan and talking with other clans as well? Maybe clans discuss things? Have meetings?

 

Ofcourse you have been wrong already once, could it be you are wrong twice?:Smile_glasses:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,393 battles

I believe naval battles are meant to be casual, so I am in the "don't overcomplicate things, you are reading too much into this" camp.

 

I think the clans who actually put much thought into which ships and captains to chose, are few and far between.

 

Most pretty much go for the low hanging fruits and once those are farmed, they play whatever they think can win another star and otherwise trust in their luck to win the engagement.

 

At least that's how I play and that's the general impression I have got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,201 posts
14,119 battles
17 hours ago, zeeschuimer said:

1. It has nothing to do about opinions, like there has to be a vote or so. It is about arguments. That is what is missing.

I gave my reasons why to discuss things, not a question to be answered with non-information.

 

2. Yes you can have an opinion. But as this is indeed a forum, say why you think it's rubbish. I can give you reasons enouigh why I think it is not.

 

3. Yes it has. If you think this has nothing to do with eachother, then XP in a tier 1 battle should be as large as in a tier 10 battle.

And we both know it isn't.

 

4. Maybe I am in a clan and talking with other clans as well? Maybe clans discuss things? Have meetings?

 

Ofcourse you have been wrong already once, could it be you are wrong twice?:Smile_glasses:

  1. Then do not claim it....
  2. That we did...
  3. That is even another matter that has neither to do with captain points nor with Naval Battles
  4. It is still your opinion or do you disagree with what you state?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FLYD]
Players
1,364 posts
13,072 battles
19 hours ago, zeeschuimer said:

 

I just want to contribute to a FAIR game.

But it is a "Fair" contest.

you only get matched against a clan that you are on par with due to the results and everything beyond that comes down to the individual skill of the players with their ships. 

One hint Diversify what you drive and let your good players take a swing when the average ones are through....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts

I give up. This is not a forum, but a simple childish yes and no game.

No arguments, no explanations, just qualifying others here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
106 posts
11,770 battles

Naval Battles is imo verry weird because one weekend you play for damage and other weekends you play the game for collect XP.  doing damage is fair how better you are as player how better the score is for your clan. But XP is a strange choice imo from WG because much times when you are in a in a random battle you can have a good game but when you lose the game because other players from your random team are AFK or make a mess from a game you never reacht good results for you clan. Better is when WG change that only in damage numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×