Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
steveraptor

Can we have more reports per day?

43 comments in this topic

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
3 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

the more karma points you have the more reports u can dish out :)

Ah, that won't do for a CV player since my karma is almost always at 0 :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
469 posts
8,419 battles
7 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

thankfully it doesn't go below 0

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,574 posts
13,496 battles
42 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

10 is not enough....

Especially during ranked season :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,496 posts
11,195 battles
36 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Because the amount of insults and other inappropriate comments in chat take other peoples karma into account. It is well know that once i'm out of report everyone on the server suddenly start to be nice in chat and people stop being afk or stop torping team mates. 'Ah damn, i so wanted to torp you, but you are out of reports eh? I just wait until tomorrow so you can report me.' I'm pretty sure it must have been a remote relative of you who designed the report system with the same thoughts as you have.

• Bad 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

More reports would be helpful. I have days where I run out of reports after one minute of gameplay because someone is continously typing naughty words. Oh my gosh.

Players
2,806 posts
3 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Because the amount of insults and other inappropriate comments in chat take other peoples karma into account. It is well know that once i'm out of report everyone on the server suddenly start to be nice in chat and people stop being afk or stop torping team mates. 'Ah damn, i so wanted to torp you, but you are out of reports eh? I just wait until tomorrow so you can report me.' I'm pretty sure it must have been a remote relative of you who designed the report system with the same thoughts as you have.

I dont understand dis but ok :Smile_unsure:

[LSCA]
Players
1,045 posts
9,014 battles
7 hours ago, steveraptor said:

10 is not enough....

you have only 2,033 battles , i think you not even have that many experience inside game that you even allowed report players by bad play

--

if you have more report power it means more people can report against you as well.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles
5 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

5 hours ago, steveraptor said:

Ah, that won't do for a CV player since my karma is almost always at 0 :Smile_hiding:

I think the default number is 7 - in order to get more I think you need to have a reasonable amount of karna so I doubt that you have 10 (unless once the limit is increased then the number is not reduced).

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
570 posts
11,207 battles
7 hours ago, steveraptor said:

10 is not enough....

Nah, it will only encourage retaliation by the obnoxious. Better keep the limit. Save your ire for the truly deserving :Smile_playing:

[NWP]
Players
2,625 posts
16,245 battles

You don't need to report bad players, just add them to your blocked list. So the next time you encounter them you know they are bad and should not be counted on.

Save the reports for afk people

• Cool 1

Players
1,496 posts
11,195 battles
3 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

I dont understand dis but ok :Smile_unsure:

Of course you didn't, same as @Gebe_ who gave me a "bad" reaction. Let me break it down to you so you perhaps understand this as well. The report system sucks big time with the limited amount of reports you can give for chat misbehavior, unsporting behavior and afk player.

Imagine this situation: you run an amusement park with thousands of people visiting every day and you know because there are so many people, the amount of trouble (fist fights, sexual harassment, pickpockets, thieves) is accordingly high. Now you have the same report system in place like we have in WoWs - you are allowed to make just 7 calls per day to report a crime. Do you really think after you made these 7 calls everyone else suddenly stops to break the rules? No! They will continue to steal, fight each other, damage your equipment and so on but you can not report them so they will never be punished for it.

This example should make it clearer to understand where the problem is with limited reports, but i honestly doubt that you will understand it now and still think a report limit is fine.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[S-O-M]
Players
654 posts
9 hours ago, steveraptor said:

10 is not enough....

The whole system is a crock of shite, and either needs binning or a massive overhaul.

Yes we can compliment but Great players are not noticed, yes I do send a post message to those I believe deserve it, and yes because of all the salt “we” all send, you get the sense from them that your winding them, the salt is borne from frustrations, time and money invested in the game, there should be a better reward scheme where karma actually matters and means something, I.e be in camo or flags or progression/ access to something.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,045 posts
9,014 battles
53 minutes ago, Devantejah said:

What would that accomplish?

chat ban everyone, report all users for fun :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,948 battles

If you need more than two or three reports per day, the problem isn't with other players.

• Cool 2

Players
2,160 posts
48 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

The whole system is a crock of shite, and either needs binning or a massive overhaul.

Yes we can compliment but Great players are not noticed, yes I do send a post message to those I believe deserve it, and yes because of all the salt “we” all send, you get the sense from them that your winding them, the salt is borne from frustrations, time and money invested in the game, there should be a better reward scheme where karma actually matters and means something, I.e be in camo or flags or progression/ access to something.

+1

I also always message a player after a battle if I think they've done really well... to me it's good manners. Also, why not unlimited compliments + Karma?

I also think @MrConway that if WG are going to have Karma why not have rewards for players who accrue it?

For example if you get +10 karma in a day you get 5 flags... Isn't that an incentive for a player to try to perform better in a game?

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,459 posts
8,816 battles
43 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

If you need more than two or three reports per day, the problem isn't with other players.

Ive sometimes reported my entire team :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[S-O-M]
Players
654 posts
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

If you play 10-20 games a day you come across between 230 and 460 players, as a rule people that win moan less but are still likely to compliment or report as bad, when you lose frustrations come to the fore and you report more, especially if you played well and for example a noob cv player went after full hp BBs while very low red Hp DD’s contained the green fleet, etc, realistically even if you only did it once (compliment, report bad, report afk), that’s still 10-20 a day, be honest how many of us have ran out long before the 10th game ?.

It should be unlimited or have the option of nominating best and worst player by players on your team, the majority carries and proper karma (that means something), goes up or down accordingly, anonymous it puts you in control rewards the best players and puts the truly bad ones in their place, plus this system would allow for one off poor performances, which we all have.    

We all see the Ranked players and think wow they must be good, over half I come across are not better than a raw noob, now  is that because they had an off game or was it because they aren’t as good as the rank says, I blacklist these players so that they’re highlighted in future games and it’s surprising to see that “Most”, still finish way below me in a random, now I’m only average (just over 50%WR), and about 4th highest in my clan, so what does this say about the ranked system.

As per we know WG won’t address this system we’ll still be agreeing to disagree in a years time.

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,948 battles
25 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

If you play 10-20 games a day you come across between 230 and 460 players, as a rule people that win moan less but are still likely to compliment or report as bad, when you lose frustrations come to the fore and you report more, especially if you played well and for example a noob cv player went after full hp BBs while very low red Hp DD’s contained the green fleet, etc, realistically even if you only did it once (compliment, report bad, report afk), that’s still 10-20 a day, be honest how many of us have ran out long before the 10th game ?.

I have never run out of reports, even on days like what you've described.

• Cool 1

Players
67 posts
2,304 battles
12 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I have never run out of reports, even on days like what you've described.

You've never queued into more than 7 CV battles in a row :Smile_hiding:?

+1 karma boys, we're in the clear

[LEEUW]
Players
433 posts
6,939 battles

I'm out of reports in a few games. But yeah, reporting all Smolensk players just takes a lot of reports.

• Funny 3

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

You know you really need more reports when some tool of a DD speciulist can not evade a BB with a concealment >20 km and blames the BB... plus insults, plus threats of TK, followed by other insults. At least the "misbehaviour in chat" reports should be unlimited, because insults are unlimited, too.

1.png

2.png

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this