You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Subtle_Shift_In_Emphasis

What to research to unlock submarines in 0.9.4?

13 comments in this topic

Question

Players
12 posts
191 battles

With german, russian and american subs coming to a separate game mode in 0.9.4 I am wondering what I should research in the tech tree in the meantime to unlock the submarines asap once they hit the live server?

Any ideas?

12 answers to this question

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,962 posts
12,090 battles
On 4/30/2020 at 11:33 PM, Subtle_Shift_In_Emphasis said:

With german, russian and american subs coming to a separate game mode in 0.9.4 I am wondering what I should research in the tech tree in the meantime to unlock the submarines asap once they hit the live server?

Any ideas?

It's a separate mode without any tech-tree and/or chances to research something. It's just some kind of a "live-test" and a lot of things are subject to change ofc. 

Beta Tester
996 posts
15,778 battles
11 hours ago, Subtle_Shift_In_Emphasis said:

unlock the submarines asap

Unlock your wallet.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[NCDF]
Players
137 posts
4,605 battles
Am 4.5.2020 um 10:04, Aetius85 sagte:

(are subs starting from there or like cv start from 4 and are only for even numbers?)

As far as i remember: it will start from Tier 6, following T8 and T10.

And as the end-product, the T6 SS will be researched from the T6 DD's in the TechTree

[SM-RT]
[SM-RT]
Players
27 posts
12,109 battles

You need Kurfurst, Kremlin, and Montana researched to gain access to submarines. If you want to gain nuclear capability, you have to build uranium mine in your base. :cap_book:

• Funny 1

[BATES]
Players
686 posts
10,160 battles
On 4/30/2020 at 11:33 PM, Subtle_Shift_In_Emphasis said:

Any ideas?

I think nothing. Once the new game mode will be live new tech tree will be released starting from t1 maybe (are subs starting from there or like cv start from 4 and are only for even numbers?)

[BATES]
Players
686 posts
10,160 battles
1 hour ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

It's a separate mode without any tech-tree and/or chances to research something. It's just some kind of a "live-test" and a lot of things are subject to change ofc. 

Oh, so probably ships will appear in your harbour like the space or filth ships

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,962 posts
12,090 battles
1 minute ago, Aetius85 said:

Oh, so probably ships will appear in your harbour like the space or filth ships

That's how it was on PTS, yes. 

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,485 posts
13,494 battles
4 hours ago, Echo_519 said:

As far as i remember: it will start from Tier 6, following T8 and T10.

And as the end-product, the T6 SS will be researched from the T6 DD's in the TechTree

There are tier 4s as well.

[NCDF]
Players
137 posts
4,605 battles
Vor 21 Stunden, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu sagte:

There are tier 4s as well.

Not sure where you got your information from, never heard about Tier4s, but I got mine from https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/submarines-announcement/

If I may quote:

Zitat

The submarine tree will be built the same way as the aircraft carrier tree: with submarines at even tiers only. The first researchable submarine will appear at Tier VI. This is in part because spreading ships between tiers allows us to balance them more easily within their respective match-making brackets, and in part to have a better differentiation between the initially implemented designs.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,485 posts
13,494 battles
1 hour ago, Echo_519 said:

Not sure where you got your information from, never heard about Tier4s, but I got mine from https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/submarines-announcement/

Oh you're right, I was thinking of the 4 ships they revealed per nation, but that included the tier 10 premiums.

[-LA-]
Players
663 posts
4,809 battles

so to summarise 

this new mode will at first not require us to unlock the subs through tech. but once it goes live proper were going to need t6 dd's for whichever nations?

hmm that sucks why always DD's! it was bad enough grinding t4's for CV