Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Belamie

Split Servers!! CV/U-boats

53 comments in this topic

[SWB]
Players
7 posts
7,489 battles

There are many players that don't like CV or Submarine being in the game.  The numbers show, that around 40% would delete the CV at once and an even greater percentage don't want the U-boats to come at all. It is just a fact! Of course, WG can do as they please, but if one solution would be to have several servers/game mods, where some are with all that there is, others have no CV or no U-boats and so on, this would make a lot of old players come back, and even new ones to join! WG please think about it, it would show immediately what is that your player base wants and after a time you can shut the ones down that are unpopular and so on....ç!!!!

• Cool 21
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[PRT]
Players
180 posts
8,451 battles

Deadly tired of the CVs. Considering seariously to skip this crap and go for some other online game like war thunder instead. Just got totally cruched by a harassing CV, and though my ship "Öland" has decent AA, its no match for a good CV captain. First the rockets hit you, and as they also spot you, you will be killed in half a minute. Just Not Fun! Pays premium once a mont, but Think I had enough now. :-/

• Cool 5

Players
43 posts
4,377 battles
On 4/27/2020 at 11:55 PM, Kriger3n said:

Can we please get an option to not queue with CV's?

All the fun goes right out the window every match i play with CV's. Especially playing DD's is just awful when you just get raped over and over by cv's. No lube.

I'm forced to start dogding every time i get matched with a CV because i dont want to play with them. And i hate afk'ers, but i do understand that people do not want to play games with CV's in them.

I'm honestly under the impression that it is only CV players that think it's fun that CV's are in the game.

EDIT: If it is so that there is only a few people that dont like to play with CV's then making an option to not play with CV's will not be a problem. Only a higher queue time for thoose who choose to queue without risking playing with CV's. Now, honestly think the oppsite will happen where most people will choose to not play with CV's. Resulting in higher queue times for CV players and thoose who like to play with them.

I posted this i the suggestion thread. It's about the same as you suggest. Now i have not tried playing with subs yet and thereforr cannot know if they are fun or not.

Wargaming wants us to use this forum for feedback. Sure, then it will be buried and forgotten.

• Cool 6

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,646 posts
11,086 battles
34 minutes ago, Belamie said:

There are many players that don't like CV or Submarine being in the game.  The numbers show, that around 40% would delete the CV at once and an even greater percentage don't want the U-boats to come at all. It is just a fact! Of course, WG can do as they please, but if one solution would be to have several servers/game mods, where some are with all that there is, others have no CV or no U-boats and so on, this would make a lot of old players come back, and even new ones to join! WG please think about it, it would show immediately what is that your player base wants and after a time you can shut the ones down that are unpopular and so on....ç!!!!

Well i dont talk bout the topic, but you sure have a source for your "facts".

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,689 posts
11,390 battles
11 minutes ago, Jimbomaxi said:

Deadly tired of the CVs. Considering seariously to skip this crap and go for some other online game like war thunder instead. Just got totally cruched by a harassing CV, and though my ship "Öland" has decent AA, its no match for a good CV captain. First the rockets hit you, and as they also spot you, you will be killed in half a minute. Just Not Fun! Pays premium once a mont, but Think I had enough now. :-/

You do realize that WT has player controlled planes in their land and sea battles too right :Smile_veryhappy:

Well as far as I know anyway :cap_book:

Good luck with the planes and helicopters there.

• Funny 2

[PRT]
Players
180 posts
8,451 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

You do realize that WT has player controlled planes in their land and sea battles too right :Smile_veryhappy:

Well as far as I know anyway :cap_book:

Good luck with the planes and helicopters there.

Yes I do, but there I cab shoose to play planes against planes. Not this crap that wasnt here when I joined the game. And its getting more and more worse. Tired of it. You maybe Think its fun to get wiped out without any chanse to defend your self. I dont. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,689 posts
11,390 battles
6 minutes ago, Jimbomaxi said:

Yes I do, but there I cab shoose to play planes against planes. Not this crap that wasnt here when I joined the game. And its getting more and more worse. Tired of it. You maybe Think its fun to get wiped out without any chanse to defend your self. I dont. 

I don't really have issues killing planes in this game or dealing with them so I can't really empathize with you here. I guess its just how each play view or deal with it? 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[PRT]
Players
180 posts
8,451 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

I don't really have issues killing planes in this game or dealing with them so I can't really empathize with you here. I guess its just how each play view or deal with it? 

Why should I "deal with it"? CVs are ruining the game. I am far from the only player having that opinion. If you like how  the game is evolving, good for you. I dont. Its not the same game i joined some 3-4 yeras ago. And now comes the subs. Oh, great!  Or not. 

• Cool 8

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,026 posts

There is alot of reasons I don't want subs in the game.

One of them is that they actually dumbed down CVs for the playerbase....the same playerbase that u now have to trust to hunt subs for u.

But it's not only that. Subs have way better cammo than DDs who then have to run the gauntlet of enemy fire and planes to get within range of the subs.

This is the same playerbase that has players who get detected in their DDs by BBs. And that's without them firing their guns.

On top of that u have lots of gunboat DDs with already poor detection, no smoke etc etc. They will not go sub hunting. They can't.

So U end up with a class that can do as they want.

And from what I've seen on youtube and different streams.....it will be a shaitstorm.

I however would love to see subs in a type of PvE mission mode or something like that. I think that would be fun as something else when u have played enough PvP.

When it comes to the CV part of your topic, well. They've been in the game since alpha. I think they need a 1 CV max hardcap.

But for myself, I find the class utterly boring to play. And I was not nearly sober when I played them.

• Cool 7

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,975 battles
19 minutes ago, Jimbomaxi said:

But in WT planes are present even if you choose boat or tank games:Smile_hiding:

Players
43 posts
4,377 battles

I dont really get the "defend CV class" people that come to all the threads where people are trying to express their experience of the current CV gameplay and say: "get gud or leave the game". 

We get it, you like CV gameplay. Now let us say what we mean about it without you comming in here and linking a barbie game. Where are the moderators in this forum? Please moderate and do your job. The post by Lieut_Gruber should be removed as it adds nothing to this discussion.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
14,960 battles
1 minute ago, Kriger3n said:

I dont really get the "defend CV class" people that come to all the threads where people are trying to express their experience of the current CV gameplay and say: "get gud or leave the game". 

We get it, you like CV gameplay. Now let us say what we mean about it without you comming in here and linking a barbie game. Where are the moderators in this forum? Please moderate and do your job. The post by Lieut_Gruber should be removed as it adds nothing to this discussion.

And i dont get why everybody needs to make a new post about CV's, as we have a CV discussion topic. So yes, i hope the moderators do their job fast and close this one.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 6

Players
2,689 posts
11,390 battles
17 minutes ago, Jimbomaxi said:

Why should I "deal with it"? CVs are ruining the game. I am far from the only player having that opinion. If you like how  the game is evolving, good for you. I dont. Its not the same game i joined some 3-4 yeras ago. And now comes the subs. Oh, great!  Or not. 

I don't really have an opinion on the subs yet since I have not really played them or played against them so I wouldn't comment on them just yet.

Regarding CVs, the way I look at it is if the CV managed to kill me then good for him. But good luck trying to do it. I mean CV planes can still be shot down and CV plane attacks can still be dodged. Some counter plays can still be made. So I just do what I can to make the CV player's life miserable trying to sink me. I don't really go into a match where I see that there is a CV and go "oh crap". I just make plans as to how I should deal with the CV if the CV decides to focus me. I mean this is just me anyway. If you think its all doom and gloom I can't really stop you anyway. And people have been saying CVs are ruining the game since the beginning already so what really changed? (Apart from the CV rework :Smile_trollface:).

I'll just wait and experience  the subs for myself first before I make a decision on things. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PRT]
Players
180 posts
8,451 battles

Well who doesent? Of course I try to plan the game, but playing DD means You are thespearhead of your team. You are supposed to be in the front, spotting and capping. Aaaaand while you do your job, there comes the planes. Not once not twice, they keep coming until you are sunk. Perhaps fun and rewarding for the CV-player. For the rest of us. No. 

• Cool 4

[PANEU]
Players
1,045 posts
4,083 battles

Submarines yes cvs no. :) cvs actually are more fitting for a game since they participated in naval battles. For submarines... Well. A separate game mode with dd's and subs or sth like this would be amazing. Like dd's have to protect cargo ships and subs have to kill them. It can even be pvp. Subs vs bb or heavy cruisers is just bull..... 

• Cool 4

[-LA-]
Players
702 posts
5,354 battles

id be happy to have them split the game cv's and subs on one side and im guessing next to no DD's on that side! no more listening to DD drivers complaining about getting spanked when they are off alone 10km away from friends or support and i can go back to driving my BB in straight lines at one speed!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7,518 posts
245 battles

I for some reasons assumed this meant subs where going to be shoehorned into regular pvp and almost made my trousers turn a not so attractive shade of brown.

Although i wouldn't mind seeing a seperate game mode for subs if they become (and i geniunely believe they will judging from the current and previous iterations) hard if not impossible to balance correctly.

• Cool 1

Players
2,689 posts
11,390 battles
19 minutes ago, Jimbomaxi said:

Well who doesent? Of course I try to plan the game, but playing DD means You are thespearhead of your team. You are supposed to be in the front, spotting and capping. Aaaaand while you do your job, there comes the planes. Not once not twice, they keep coming until you are sunk. Perhaps fun and rewarding for the CV-player. For the rest of us. No. 

Harder. You can always exchange pointers with @Yoshanai on how to play a DD against a CV. He's pretty good at it :Smile_veryhappy:

Too good in fact :Smile_hiding:

• Boring 1

Players
412 posts
23,527 battles

I hear you OP, I too don't like CV's, but I can't see WG splitting the servers for CV players as there will not be enough of them to get any meaningful games.

At the end of the day we either deal with them, change our play style to suit, or leave the game entirely. 

I still love this game so I will persevere.:dance_turtle:

• Cool 1

Players
2,141 posts
20,091 battles

I certainly can see the appeal of having separate game modes for CVs and Subs to a fair few players however WG would never allow it because it wouldn't suit their agenda, heck Subs mode will only last a very short time before they wind up in random battles.  

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,488 posts
18,564 battles
5 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I certainly can see the appeal of having separate game modes for CVs and Subs to a fair few players however WG would never allow it because it wouldn't suit their agenda, heck Subs mode will only last a very short time before they wind up in random battles.  

I have to agree. Which means the only place free of the darn things will be Co-op and Operations, where WG won't be able to to get the AI to work properly. 

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Players
1,045 posts
4,083 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Peffers sagte:

could we have one without DDs?

Why that? Just curious:) 

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
726 posts
19,606 battles