You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

The Attack of the Dead Men: Osowiec

38 comments in this topic

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
62 posts
2 hours ago, Barracuda1114 said:

Russian propaganda?

ABSOLUTLY - What about a movie about the million who died in gulag system ??? PFFFUI  :Smile_sad:

• Cool 10
  • Bad 1

[MAHAT]
Players
3 posts
2,124 battles
4 minutes ago, gnist0s said:

ABSOLURLY - What about a movie about the million who died in gulag system ??? PFFFUI  :Smile_sad:

Look Hungaryan film: Eternal Winter / Örök tél / 2017

Realistic, brutality film with GUPVI lagers.

[NSAF]
Players
30 posts
6,849 battles

i agree that this was a horrible battle, read alot about it, but tbh, all videos you guys seem to pump out is about some russian regiment, never really anything about satalite countries of the soviet union, quite a shame really.

• Cool 4

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,898 posts
11,354 battles
2 hours ago, kenny212 said:

i agree that this was a horrible battle, read alot about it, but tbh, all videos you guys seem to pump out is about some russian regiment, never really anything about satalite countries of the soviet union, quite a shame really.

There'll no doubt be some small minority of people who will watch and love the movie...not me though. I can see this type of stuff for what is is from a mile away, buts thats because I have intel, haha.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,931 posts
18,668 battles

Next time please just give us subtitles with the original voices. The English dubbing is terrible.

• Cool 11

[CAPT]
Players
472 posts
12,219 battles

How does this video relate to any of WG's games? Are they getting ready to release a version of Call of Duty? :cap_rambo:

Otherwise, stop wasting resources and work on the games they have.:cap_horn:

• Cool 10

[N0RSE]
Players
169 posts
9,341 battles

Wow.. I think this was an awesome video. WG is a russian company, stop whining and complaining that they make videos about their heroes. Suppose you whine just as much when the US pumps out theirs in the form of Dunkirk and Midway and Pearl Harbour? Didn't think so.

Pretty good short film, keep em coming. Some live just to complain, last time I checked, nobody forced you to watch it. Suppose it's war related and last time I checked that's pretty much what WG does a a couple of games related to..

But I have to agree, subtitles any day over this pretty poor dubbing.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
1,327 posts
17,387 battles

Although the battle itself is interesting I cannot see its relevance to WG games, other than being perfect for a bit of good old fashioned Russian patriotism. 

• Cool 5

Players
6 posts
14,733 battles

Interesting short film (brutal,nasty horrible  battles) shows you how cruel  disgusting  war is and how many man died for what that some old farts wanted war.....ps just i will ask can you make a short move about ships battle or something about sea battle event and 1 more thing please put a bit less propaganda. my countrie been united by soviet union for 50 thank you seen enough.try be a bit neutral in theses days tnx

• Cool 3

Players
71 posts
4,455 battles

Don't use dubs for serious subject matter...

• Cool 1

Players
71 posts
4,455 battles
15 hours ago, gnist0s said:

ABSOLUTLY - What about a movie about the million who died in gulag system ??? PFFFUI  :Smile_sad:

If this was the WOT forum, that comment would be purged by the mods...

• Cool 1

Players
14 posts
2,269 battles

Pls viewers(especially former Eastern block viewers...we r in 2020 now!)...Dont confuse a short film with so many political implications...AS FILM :Very good and proffecional...with WW atmosphere...actors playing right...very good effort..except...Do you really guys dubbing male soldiers with female voices?Really?Cmon W.G...really why?And something else....except british americans canadians australians etc. evrybody else needs SUBTITLES in english to wach a film w/o british actors.... conclusion...FOR ME: 8,5 to 10 ,is really good effort.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MAHAT]
Players
3 posts
2,124 battles

I see.  

Clearly russian propaganda.

Ugly, evil germans  vs. good,  heroic russians.......

Pffffffff...........again, again and again from 1945 ........

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Players
50 posts
15,756 battles

Good film, and for the haters please piss off.

Dubbing was not good, subs would have been better. However, there is very little awareness of the eastern front in WW1 and this is very welcome addition to those interested to hear about it.

I'm assuming this is related to the 75th VE day commemoration, which has been a bit derailed by Covid

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
549 posts
8,897 battles
16 hours ago, kranklys69 said:

Interesting short film (brutal,nasty horrible  battles) shows you how cruel  disgusting  war is and how many man died for what that some old farts wanted war.....ps just i will ask can you make a short move about ships battle or something about sea battle event and 1 more thing please put a bit less propaganda. my countrie been united by soviet union for 50 thank you seen enough.try be a bit neutral in theses days tnx

I agree.....mostly. Unfortunately, the propaganda present in this "film"  is distasteful ...said  VERY politely. If we were to discuss or bring up the cruelty and inhumanity of the war... that was already  done quite brilliantly by Remarque and let's just say that this piece.... its.not really there...

I know that the "production company" behind this.... "production" (lol) is  probably really proud. but....just...sigh...

This is a REALLY good production just watch it, you will NOT regret it.

In 2020 every idiot can make visuals, but a piece of art.... that's a bit different. Which the SerbB production.... just aint  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
549 posts
8,897 battles
On 5/1/2020 at 4:09 PM, Barracuda1114 said:

Russian propaganda?

100%!!! Eisenstein would have said: Das gut!! :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DREAD]
Players
8,920 posts
6,324 battles

Are they doing this :etc_swear: with the money from the game or is this a hobby?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Players
312 posts

I agree it would have been better in Russian with subtitles, other than that I found it enjoyable to watch and casts light on the Russian stubborn streak that served them well in the 1940's and persists even to this day.  

• Cool 1

Players
475 posts
8,793 battles

oh wonder its pro Sowjiet and anti german....

what does this remind me off?

oh, yeah, haha, right, the balanzing of this game! :fish_palm:

• Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
62 posts
12 hours ago, Nebuched said:

If this was the WOT forum, that comment would be purged by the mods...

Franly i expected that to happen within the hour after i posted it.

• Cool 1

[XYZ]
Players
43 posts

1. This is tanks, what do we care.

2. I've seen adult entertainment with better acting and production values

• Funny 1

Players
47 posts
1,277 battles

Much truth in the former posts except the "piss off" one.

Why are Russians (and SERB) even after 100 years and two co-won world wars still that much prone to an inferiority complex that they have to go back to such clichés regarding the German side? A woman playing the young German officer? Consequently dubbed with a female voice (in this respect correct...).

While the young Russian officer actor was chosen quite close to the original

170px-Praporshhik_i_podporuchik_kotlinskij_3.jpg.6477a39fec7d8d6838911ee26afaf7f9.jpg

(from Wikipedia)

this would have been the German side if this movie should be able to claim any historical correctness:

170px-Rudolf_von_Freudenberg_(General).jpg.c0573d73e595107c2df53ffe695c187e.jpg

(from Wikipedia

I wonder what they will make of it when the story of Wilhelm Gustloff is about to be told. Dunkirk has been on screen already..

Cheers

Norbert

• Cool 1