Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ludwig_von_Moltke

Turn off your Chrome based browser, it causes Worlf of Warships crashes

5 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
5,650 battles

For the last couple of weeks I was blaming the World of Warships code for random crashes. It turns out that it crashes only when Chrome based(tried on Brave browser as well)  is opened in the background, yesterday, no browser opened whole day, not a single crash, today ? 2 hours and a crash.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,941 posts
12,023 battles
16 minutes ago, Ludwig_von_Moltke said:

For the last couple of weeks I was blaming the World of Warships code for random crashes. It turns out that it crashes only when Chrome based(tried on Brave browser as well)  is opened in the background, yesterday, no browser opened whole day, not a single crash, today ? 2 hours and a crash.

I'm using chrome at latest version on both notebook and desktop parallel to playing warships - no issues, no crashes... 

Out of curiosity: did you check your RAM if there's possible a memory-leak?

Players
708 posts

I had the crashes (one each in both games I played today), but no Chrome. Seemed like it might have been to do with having Discord open, but to be honest I didn't fancy the prospect of getting crashed out of another game so I decided to call it a day with WoWs and stay on Discord.

Players
4 posts
5,650 battles
On 4/30/2020 at 1:51 PM, Wizard27_1979 said:

I'm using chrome at latest version on both notebook and desktop parallel to playing warships - no issues, no crashes... 

Out of curiosity: did you check your RAM if there's possible a memory-leak?

Wouldn't that be common for everyone if there was a memory-leak ? Could it be the fact that I don't have swapping file enabled ? 

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,941 posts
12,023 battles
4 hours ago, Ludwig_von_Moltke said:

Wouldn't that be common for everyone if there was a memory-leak ? Could it be the fact that I don't have swapping file enabled ? 

Nope, we had a memory-leak with fix in 9.2 already and this does not affect everybody unfortunately. 

Sign in to follow this