You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SSGdoncollier

Better MM

21 comments in this topic

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles

In the era of artificial intelligence, there must be a solution for fair MM. Can this superintellligent machine decide who is potatoe, who is nonpotato? And can AI distribute these players fairly and equally into 2 teams? Is it impossible? 

• Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
26,233 posts
14,139 battles

How about making the teams that equal, that every match ends in a draw?

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,788 battles
11 minutes ago, SSGdoncollier said:

Is it impossible? 

Yes!

To do that someone must first decide what "fair and equal" is. One person can do this but after that everyone who plays this game and their mothers will have an opinion about it and we're back at square one again.

Rinse and repeat.

• Cool 1

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

How about making the teams that equal, that every match ends in a draw?

I just want equal number of potatoes in 2 teams. Only God knows who will win. :Smile-_tongue:

Players
2,833 posts

put potatoes in every meal seems like overkill, perhaps some vegetables or even soup? :D :fish_book:

• Funny 2

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles
8 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Yes!

To do that someone must first decide what "fair and equal" is. One person can do this but after that everyone who plays this game and their mothers will have an opinion about it and we're back at square one again.

Rinse and repeat.

Let me tell you 4 players in my team. I checked their stats later. 1.Shokaku having 16k average damage on that ship, 2.Monarch having 25k on that ship  3.Massa having 20k on that ship and 4.Benson having 8k on that ship. 4 of them in my team. They are potatoe in every metric. Any sane human can see this. Can they be distributed 2 vs 2 at least. 

[LEEUW]
Players
2,278 posts
10,051 battles

@SSGdoncollier asking for a friend: mate, 650 games in 20 days. Are you okay? How can any sane person cope with such an avalanche of potatoes? :cap_fainting:

• Funny 4

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

I want all of the potatoes in the enemy team, and also all of the potatoes in my team, except myself. Then I can dominate properly. Why isn't MM like that?

• Funny 1

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

@SSGdoncollier asking for a friend: mate, 650 games in 20 days. Are you okay? How can any sane person cope with such an avalanche of potatoes? :cap_fainting:

I m potatoe too, just asking equality 

• Cool 1

Players
2,833 posts
1 hour ago, AnotherDuck said:

I want all of the potatoes in the enemy team, and also all of the potatoes in my team, except myself. Then I can dominate properly. Why isn't MM like that?

At first I laughed. Then I thought about it some and I see your point, you are right. :)

• Cool 1

Players
629 posts
4,949 battles
3 hours ago, SSGdoncollier said:

Let me tell you 4 players in my team. I checked their stats later. 1.Shokaku having 16k average damage on that ship, 2.Monarch having 25k on that ship  3.Massa having 20k on that ship and 4.Benson having 8k on that ship. 4 of them in my team. They are potatoe in every metric. Any sane human can see this. Can they be distributed 2 vs 2 at least. 

nope.  that's the game design my friend. This game is designed intentionally to have unbalanced teams so you'll get frustrated, buy premium time, premium ships and spend doubloons. 

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, SSGdoncollier sagte:

A DD does not necessarily need to do a lot of damage to be good; he can spot, cap or foil enemy moves, smoke up and save focussed teammates etc.

Regarding distribution: The MM manages to evenly distribute ship classes. That's about it, as I feel. It does not care if all Bismarcks are in Team A and all Tirpitzes in Team B (though that should be an easy feat for a decent MM), so you can end up with one team featuring all ships with a certain important consumable, and the other one is sailing blind. Player skill is nothing you can judge by stats in advance. A bad player could have an excellent field day, or maybe his genius level brother is playing on his account in this match. You never know.

• Cool 3

Players
1,502 posts
11,271 battles

Your expectation is unrealistic. How could they make a skill based MM when they can not even balance out MM by ships/utilities? I can not count the number of games where one team had 4 or more radars while the other team had zero radar ships. How often does a team have 2 or more gunboat DDs or DDs with poor concealment in general, such as Kleber, Khaba and so on, while the other team got 2 or more Daring or Shima - and this on a domination map. The outcome is very predictable when one team can cap and the other can't.

[LUZ1]
Players
576 posts
11,263 battles

Tis very easy: make 5 skill classes: patato - meh - average Joe - gud - expert. Let people progress through the skill classes. Match players as much as possible from same skill class, or from adjacent skill class if needed.

Presto, done :cap_like:

Players
2,192 posts

Potatoes do have their uses in game... they have a tendency to attract other potatoes... no kidding.

Shout out to the:

WILJA WARRIOR,

MARFONA MASSACRE,

KING EDWARD KRUSH,

MARIS PIPER MARAUDER....

:Smile_izmena:

• Funny 2

[ISAUT]
[ISAUT]
Players
25 posts
9,161 battles

So, i can carry team or in another match i really [edited]up...... have you think we, middand le players

and MM is fine....... i can cope it    

• Cool 1

[ISAUT]
[ISAUT]
Players
25 posts
9,161 battles
11 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Potatoes do have their uses in game... they have a tendency to attract other potatoes... no kidding.

Shout out to the:

WILJA WARRIOR,

MARFONA MASSACRE,

KING EDWARD KRUSH,

MARIS PIPER MARAUDER....

:Smile_izmena:

so true but sad ;)

[CATS]
Players
26,233 posts
14,139 battles
2 hours ago, NipplesTheClown said:

nope.  that's the game design my friend. This game is designed intentionally to have unbalanced teams so you'll get frustrated, buy premium time, premium ships and spend doubloons. 

As if that would help.

• Cool 1

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,068 battles

Skillbased MM in a nutshell:

Alternatively visit Clan battles with their carefully curated and peer reviewed teams.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1