Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
krautjaeger

Is Ice Berg the new Lakeville? The different modes.

4 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

Anyone that plays, or has played, WoT know of Lakeville and Encounter mode. You're either on the team that gets it and go to town, or the one that does not and go valley. The latter being more prevalent. Now, in WoWs Ice Berg seems to be just such a map. People go to all lengths to not go near the circle except the enemy team, for some reason. Trying to explain in plain English what the objectives are does not help and gets no response.

Standard Battle, Encounter, Domination. SB seems to be something most people get, not all but most. Domination seems to dawn on people after a while but Encounter for some reason seems totally incomprehensible. Perhaps we need a clear tutorial on the different modes and you can not progress until you've understood and won a match, both criteria needing to be fulfilled. And at some point, at least on release, I hope they make it available in options to disable/enable the modes you want to play like in WoT.

And don't get me started on not resetting cap. :P

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

People seem to find it difficult to grasp how quick the cap is, is the cause.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

People seem to find it difficult to grasp how quick the cap is, is the cause.

It seems to me people don't give two tosses about cap, and sinking ships is the only thing that matters. If the game can't be won by sinking all ships then screw the game, that sort of thing. Followed by extreme silence when a couple of people trying to point out what needs to be done. :sceptic:

Perhaps if people got more XP the closer they where to a target within some limits, more than X and xp is reduced to 70% but closer to Y then xp increased to 110%. And perhaps some reward for resetting cap. Yeah, one should not have to have this but I'm not sure which other ways to communicate this to people. We know from WoT that after all these years, this still happens. Now we're early on here, perhaps we can find a way to nip it in the bud early.

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

Perhaps if people got more XP the closer they where to a target within some limits, more than X and xp is reduced to 70% but closer to Y then xp increased to 110%. And perhaps some reward for resetting cap. Yeah, one should not have to have this but I'm not sure which other ways to communicate this to people. We know from WoT that after all these years, this still happens. Now we're early on here, perhaps we can find a way to nip it in the bud early.

I think that giving big, obvious rewards for capping and resetting is the way to go.

Sign in to follow this