Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

12 vs. 12 Arms Race Ranked Sprint Feels like an Arcade Game

95 comments in this topic

Players
2,049 posts
8,569 battles

The 12 vs. 12 arms race ranked feels much more chaotic and arcade-like than randoms. It's good for picking up the flags and coal, but there isn't so much entertainment.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,289 posts
14,035 battles

If it's really more arcady that the usual TX-"park and reverse" I might actually give it a try :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[-RDE-]
Players
336 posts
27,779 battles

the games are worse than ranked, radar boats miles from the action(moskva on edge of map), dessy firing ap at angled boats while miles from the action leaving us without radar and bkup once dds are spotted.. complete nightmare tbh...lol.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,367 posts
26,977 battles
5 minutes ago, humpty_1 said:

the games are worse than ranked, radar boats miles from the action(moskva on edge of map), dessy firing ap at angled boats while miles from the action leaving us without radar and bkup once dds are spotted.. complete nightmare tbh...lol.

Sounds like usual random match.

Last time i saw Moskva in epicenter 2nd circle i had to give him 10 torps to activate its radar. Pinging and asking in chat didnt work despite him eating torps from Shima in midcap.

Players
2,463 posts
55 minutes ago, humpty_1 said:

Radar is nothing to fear that's why they probably hide on the borders (especially if they play against me anyways)...

I am taking them out every game played so far... 2 in my last game...

I am enjoying this sprint so far...

Screenshot (429).png

Screenshot (432).png

[OHFK]
Beta Tester
619 posts
15,576 battles

Still get the same garbage players in it though, generally its worse because of the concept.

I just do not understand how in this day and age, the general comon sense of the average player is so low.

• Cool 5

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles
6 hours ago, Smeggo said:

If it's really more arcady that the usual TX-"park and reverse" I might actually give it a try :fish_cute_2:

It's the same but worse.

One team has a bunch of radar island camping cruisers that wins the game twice as quick though. Horrible, horrible experience. No idea how WG employees think tier 9-10 is fun..

Narai is back though!

• Cool 3

[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
11,352 battles

I'm gonna let this ranked pass unless one of our clan mates wants the coal.

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,090 battles

You forgot to mention that it allows people to grind ships in the same place others go to play competitively
If thats not the best design ever, then what is?

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

There's a new Sprint?

for which tier?

12 vs 12? that might ruin the fun, the appeal of sprint was in lower numbers in each team.

Arms race?

How the hell... 

[-LD-]
[-LD-]
Players
25 posts
24,552 battles

this game is an arcade game..............so i dont see the problem

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
23 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

The 12 vs. 12 arms race ranked feels much more chaotic and arcade-like than randoms. It's good for picking up the flags and coal, but there isn't so much entertainment.

You mean you dont enjoy the final test for adding Arms Race into randoms?

This cannot be comrade as spreadsheet says we are having fun and playing this mode like crazy, also in all polls of players age 13 and below there is a high demand for this kind of play and this is the primary target group for wows now as spreaesheet says parents are not looking 2 closley on the Mastercard report and its much better then kids spending doe on angel dust anyways...

• Cool 2

Players
130 posts
8,084 battles

I don’t get why people don’t like arms race. It actually encourages team to move forward, rewards good positional play and map control with buffs, punishes camping and border humping and puts in clear immediate rewards for “capping”. It has some faults but generally better than the campfests that normal games are.....now if they could just remove CVs we might see even more positional play.

Hopefully it can train the player base to stop being idiots at least.

• Cool 2

[OGHF]
Players
1,298 posts
23,354 battles

Loving it, At rank 3, only lost 2 battles and 1 of those was  because our shima using 20k torps decided to torp from the top of the map and killed me in my Halland , total idiot 😔😔

[DREAD]
Players
10,754 posts
7,438 battles
On 4/29/2020 at 12:14 PM, Ocsimano18 said:

12 vs 12 Gimmick-Race feels almost comical 

Did 3 games and quit it. Not my cup of tea at all 

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
27 minutes ago, UnderDuress said:

I don’t get why people don’t like arms race. It actually encourages team to move forward, rewards good positional play and map control with buffs, punishes camping and border humping and puts in clear immediate rewards for “capping”. 

You cant? Ok how about because belive it or not ships are (well such as it is) balanced against each other in their stats and that means (for any of them) around them NOT having permanent healing or for some even no healing at all (most DDs for instance) and suddenly they do have it, consequently other ships that actually gave up something to have that heal (limited by number of charges and percentage of healing) face off against those that should not have this ability and have significant advantage as a reason AND thats even without going into the part where buffs heal ALL damage (including citadel) indefinetly (that means up to 100% of it) only limiting factor being the speed (number of buffs) and time remaining in match...

Same principle applies to gun reload or speed or whatnot albeit with less detrimental effects

• Cool 3

Players
701 posts
7,331 battles
23 hours ago, Smeggo said:

Do it! I thought I'd hate Arms Race and... it's like a better tier I for tier IX and X. Less static, more fun.

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,532 battles
18 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You cant? Ok how about because belive it or not ships are (well such as it is) balanced against each other in their stats and that means (for any of them) around them NOT having permanent healing or for some even no healing at all (most DDs for instance) and suddenly they do have it, consequently other ships that actually gave up something to have that heal (limited by number of charges and percentage of healing) face off against those that should not have this ability and have significant advantage as a reason AND thats even without going into the part where buffs heal ALL damage (including citadel) indefinetly (that means up to 100% of it) only limiting factor being the speed (number of buffs) and time remaining in match...

Same principle applies to gun reload or speed or whatnot albeit with less detrimental effects

If one team has enough buffs in comparison to the other for them to actually matter the game was decided with or without the buffs.

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
10 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

If one team has enough buffs in comparison to the other for them to actually matter the game was decided with or without the buffs.

No it wasnt I played more then my share of this BS and know what happens when say Kitakaze or Black that made a mistake early on return half healed end game as opposing to when they remain in red for their mistake so dont try selling me that

• Cool 2

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,532 battles

So your team didn't have healing of their own and the game was decided by a DD staying dark for the majority of the game?

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts

Game was decided by me being in a DD that cannot kill a Kita in a straight gunfight and had she been in red (as in normal match) after her mistake (where she belonged) I would not die and match would end differently