Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PoseidonK_1

First impression and suggestions

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PN-21]
Players
6 posts
2,332 battles

Hello everyone. I have started playing this game about 2 weeks ago and I like it a lot. I also tested submarines and I think they are also great. Need a few tweaks but overall great.

I am not new to Wargaming or gaming in general. I used to play World of Warplanes since 2013 beta testing (more than 10k battles in total). I stopped once there weren't enough players and waiting for a battle to begin took ages.

I am also not a "tech freak", neither do I own a super gaming PC. I play on my 3yo laptop, however I do believe I am part of the overwhelming majority of players in general.

 

Regarding World of Warships I would like to note a few good and bad things I have noticed so far, as constructive criticism.

 

Plus:

- The game reminds me of the good old WoWp format which I liked a lot

- Many different ships and specs to choose from and the addition of submarines will only make it better

- no special ammo for premium players like the old WoWp which makes the game more balanced

- Graphics are great, even on low settings

- Controls are also very good and realistic

 

Minus:
- Not all premium ships are listed on the tech tree. This is a must. Also special ships given as gifts through participating in special events should be there (like old WoWp).

- I would like to see the range of secondary guns in the ship characteristics
- I would like to see a more user friendly guide with the commands and controls of the game

- Sometimes autopilot does not avoid collisions with other friendly ships (I know some are unavoidable but it it seems autopilot doesn't even make the effort to avoid a collision)
- Sometimes when I have autopilot disengaged and I try to beach the ship, it turns on its own and I have to intervene to keep it going straight

- For some narrow passages I cannot plot a passage on the autopilot and I have to steer the ship manually
- For submarines I would find it very helpful to be able to see the current depth of the sea as I move around.

 

Overall, please keep it as it is and don't turn it into War Thunder like you did with WoWp

 

I know many will disagree but opinions are subjective.

 

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,312 battles
10 minutes ago, PoseidonK_1 said:

- Not all premium ships are listed on the tech tree. This is a must. Also special ships given as gifts through participating in special events should be there (like old WoWp).

Unfortunately there's just a Mod (Extended Tech Tree) which will grant you this experience.

 

10 minutes ago, PoseidonK_1 said:

- I would like to see the range of secondary guns in the ship characteristics

It's there in port on right hand side - just mouseover the secondaries.

 

10 minutes ago, PoseidonK_1 said:

- Sometimes autopilot does not avoid collisions with other friendly ships (I know some are unavoidable but it it seems autopilot doesn't even make the effort to avoid a collision)
- Sometimes when I have autopilot disengaged and I try to beach the ship, it turns on its own and I have to intervene to keep it going straight

Just CV do need the Auto-Pilot and that's sometimes not working at all - you should not do AP on Surface- or underwater-ships. It's about navigating, steering, dodging etc to be succesful.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
30 minutes ago, PoseidonK_1 said:

Minus:

- Not all premium ships are listed on the tech tree. This is a must. Also special ships given as gifts through participating in special events should be there (like old WoWp).

- I would like to see the range of secondary guns in the ship characteristics
- I would like to see a more user friendly guide with the commands and controls of the game

- Sometimes autopilot does not avoid collisions with other friendly ships (I know some are unavoidable but it it seems autopilot doesn't even make the effort to avoid a collision)
- Sometimes when I have autopilot disengaged and I try to beach the ship, it turns on its own and I have to intervene to keep it going straight

- For some narrow passages I cannot plot a passage on the autopilot and I have to steer the ship manually
- For submarines I would find it very helpful to be able to see the current depth of the sea as I move around.

 

Overall, please keep it as it is and don't turn it into War Thunder like you did with WoWp

 

I know many will disagree but opinions are subjective.

 

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

You can check out all ships here:

https://wowsft.com/

 

There are other sites with more details.

 

Secondary gun range is displayed in port. The number of ships with secondaries you should be aware of is limited.

Turn off autopilot! It is really bad.

Turn off collision avoidance! It is even worse than the autopilot.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PN-21]
Players
6 posts
2,332 battles

Can you also recommend where to look for best ships in class?

I'm currently playing various types of ships and flags but I'd like to know where I should concentrate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,446 posts
18,962 battles
7 minutes ago, PoseidonK_1 said:

Can you also recommend where to look for best ships in class?

I'm currently playing various types of ships and flags but I'd like to know where I should concentrate.

 

"Best ship" is all up to how you want to play and what you like.

 

Just keep on doing what you're doing right now. You will learn all classes and all ships and that will benefit you in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
8 minutes ago, PoseidonK_1 said:

Can you also recommend where to look for best ships in class?

I'm currently playing various types of ships and flags but I'd like to know where I should concentrate.

 

You focus on what you like best.

Tier I to IV are for trying everything out.

When you know the class you like, Tier V and maybe VI help you to decide which nation to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TMCB]
[TMCB]
Players
73 posts
14,566 battles

Just remember that W A S D, keys are your friend.

 

Sail in a straight line for more than 10-15s, is just asking for a border humping BB, to send your ship to the bottom of the sea.

 

They know how fast your ship can go, they know how fast their shells fly, they know how far to aim in front of you, don't make it simple for them, dodge and weave, vary your speed  make them work for a kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,571 posts
15,045 battles
On 4/29/2020 at 7:00 AM, PoseidonK_1 said:

Can you also recommend where to look for best ships in class?

Besides what others have said, the wiki isn't a bad place to look for information on the various ships: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

 

I would suggest not getting too hung up on specific ships, at least not silver ones; some of the more desirable T10s require you to grind through some relatively underwhelming lower tier ships, and conversely there are less spectacular T10s where the 'journey' is more fun than the destination. Besides which, 'best' is extraordinarily subjective...

 

I would agree with the sentiment that you should play as many classes as possible though; this more diverse experience will help you find whatever 'best' turns out to be for you, as well as making you a better player as it gives a more solid understanding of what everything can/can't do, and what they're trying to do to you and how to thwart them.

 

It's worth mentioning T4 CVs too: at the moment, there are a lot of them, and they make life miserable for T3 ships especially (and aren't much fun for T4-5 either) - it's worth not judging a line on the basis of how well it copes against the T4 CV plague; many become a lot more fun when you've got through the low tier CV 'wall'...

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×