Sign in to follow this  
Xavier69

Japanese Officer speaking american english?

8 comments in this topic

[DSWE]
[DSWE]
Beta Tester
3 posts
4,053 battles

Hi, naturally after buying my Sims Destroyer, it was cool to hear my Weapons Officer telling me in a very "cool" american accent, telling me I sunk a cruiser. But after doing the same on a Japanese Destroyer, well it sounds very weird. Tip from me, Russian speaks Russian, Japanese speaks Japanese, etc. etc.  Now that would sound cool!  To all those people who might complain, well they might just learn something ;)

Edited by Xavier69
  • Cool 4

Beta Tester
49 posts
2,730 battles

I would really love the option of choosing a native language for the ships. it would be great for more immersion.

Weekend Tester
48 posts
157 battles

Will probably see that down the line/after release like in WoT, there different languages also came years after release. It wouldn't be priority anyway, better have devs focusing the little attention they have on balance and new features. ^^'

Beta Tester
1,196 posts
5,309 battles

I'd like an option to turn off the american English voice at least... ruins my immersion totally when going around in the Japanese ships.

Beta Tester
12 posts
515 battles

I'd prefer at least 2 options, English with appropriate accent and Appropriate Language.

The former offers a halfway house, as recognising even a simple set of phrases with background noise etc is quite a level of comprehension, especially when the languages vary as much as English and Japanese.

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

I want japanese Engrish.

But seriously, I would like to have more voices and voice packs.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

Never played Shogun 2 -Total War?

A shamefur dispray!

And yes, I too would like native voices to aid immersion.

But then please give them something to say, such as actually warning us what side torpedoes come from and such.

Sign in to follow this