Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dragontrn

Thunderer HE spam

161 comments in this topic

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
7,894 battles

I'm getting bored to play against Thunderer with HE spam, almost every game now, when i see a thunderer, i'm pretty sure he gonna spam HE, even broad side, those players never use AP. And the chance of fire is so incredible,  1 salvo 3 fires,  after my ship got repaired, another hit with 2 fires. I prefer that i got hit on citadel than catching fire like this he spammer.

• Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles

Fire damage is easier to repair than pens.

And the HE pens do less damage than the AP pens.

• Boring 1

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
7,894 battles

i mean, when my ship got 3 fires by that ship, i must push the Damage control Party, i think everybody will do the same ? But after the immunity time, another hit set my ship on fire with 2 more fires. What do u think

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles

You shouldnt be in trouble against 1 BB shooting HE at you. Being unlucky happens sometimes, but it shouldnt be the norm. If it is, you are doing something wrong

- Dont be stationary, you are easier to hit

- Thunderer is rather accurate. Someone shooting HE non-stop is basicly guaranteed to be a potato. You should be able to dodge when you are moving around, because they cant predict dodges.

1 minute ago, Dragontrn said:

i mean, when my ship got 3 fires by that ship, i must push the Damage control Party, i think everybody will do the same ? But after the immunity time, another hit set my ship on fire with 2 more fires. What do u think

That doesnt happen everytime. If you are in big trouble, find an island to cover yourself from him if you cant get undetected otherwise. If your DCP is on cooldown, then rather dont shoot for a moment if it helps you to stay undetected.

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Dragontrn said:

As I wrote: that fires are easy to repair....

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,421 posts
14,122 battles

In all seriousness HE battleships are annoying but we have to play ships to their strengths. 
I was berated once for trying to go AP only on the Conq. 

Thunderer is a ship that is more effective with AP but can farm huge amounts of damage with HE. It’s just so much more consistent.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
7,894 battles
Il y a 7 minutes, DFens_666 a dit :

That doesnt happen everytime. If you are in big trouble, find an island to cover yourself from him if you cant get undetected otherwise. If your DCP is on cooldown, then rather dont shoot for a moment if it helps you to stay undetected.

Well,i tried to dodge, even with 1 bullet hit, that set me on fire. I'm not intended to focus on him but it make me feel useless. And i got fire prevention 

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Fire damage is easier to repair than pens.

And the HE pens do less damage than the AP pens.

lol

the less damage of he pen doesnt really matter and it is a really stupid argument, as you cant angle against it

best you can do is to sail to the next map or hide behind a rock

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
7,894 battles
Il y a 6 minutes, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue a dit :

Please OP, before anything, you miss your first step - Smolensk ; Ban Smolensk HE 24/7 (and other HE spammers) spamming and ONLY THEN we can consider your argument about dear Thunderer.

Yeah, i know Smolensk is a HE spammer but the chance i got on fire by Thunderer is higher than that Smolensk, imagine you just got repaired by DCP and another fires is set by Thunderer. It is disgusting, and i cant angle it =)))

I love your avatar Yedwy

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
7 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

lol

the less damage of he pen doesnt really matter and it is a really stupid argument, as you cant angle against it

best you can do is to sail to the next map or hide behind a rock

And?

When you show broadside, it does less damage. Period.

When you angle, do you expect your enemies to shoot AP against you?

And no, these countermeasures are not necessary.

2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Ok Ill bite - how?

• manage your fires
  • control the number of ships that can shoot you, go dark if necessary to repair
  • if the first two steps do not work, improve the fire protection of your ship until you can
  • if that still does not work, you are not good enough
  • Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
7,894 battles
Il y a 1 minute, lossi_2018 a dit :

Better than catching an AP broadside from it. It can hurt... a lot.

At least i know he aim well, but i rarely see a thunderer shooting AP

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
23 minutes ago, Dragontrn said:

I'm getting bored to play against Thunderer with HE spam, almost every game now, when i see a thunderer, i'm pretty sure he gonna spam HE, even broad side, those players never use AP. And the chance of fire is so incredible,  1 salvo 3 fires,  after my ship got repaired, another hit with 2 fires. I prefer that i got hit on citadel than catching fire like this he spammer.

Conqueror did this for years and still does. Thunderer is nothing new in that regard.

17 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Take a secondary GK, sneak to within 11.6km and watch him melt.

Go sneak up on a ship with vastly superior concealment with your ship that sacrificed most of any concealment for secs? I mean, if the Thunderer's braindead, sure, if not, secondary GK is basically just a GK that can be put on fire in one more place.

1 minute ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Please OP, before anything, you miss your first step - Smolensk ; Ban Smolensk HE 24/7 (and other HE spammers) spamming and ONLY THEN we can consider your argument about dear Thunderer.

It never gets old how people think Smolensk actually is a worse plague than HE spamming British BBs. Just because a Thunderer/Conqueror don't sit in smoke (no need to, you got range, hp pool, better armour than cruisers and lolrepairs), shoot every 20-27s (but large caliber shells with actual pen, damage and stupid fire chance that puts you on fire in most relevant places anyway) and aren't new and Russian.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • manage your fires
  • control the number of ships that can shoot you, go dark if necessary to repair
  • if the first two steps do not work, improve the fire protection of your ship until you can
  • if that still does not work, you are not good enough

You can manage all you want as you can get hit and lit on fire after 30s and you can hardly let 3 fire burn out 2 times in a row can you...

Number of ships? This is ONE ship, and yes she is enough to burn down any BB given time, not that she is the only one mind you...

Well most people run full FP builds on high tier BBs, unless is a sec build in which they might omit BOS and just take FP + module...

Seems most people (not to be rude and say none) are not good enough, that might you know mean the ship is broken and should be you know - fixed or removed... Right?

I am not the one that opened the topic but the adapt and overcome and git gud bs really doesnt cut it here as your only determining factor here is RNG as in will you get lit up with 3 fires in a row or with 1 or 2 you can let burn while running away, ofc maintaining the angle from HE spam will help by not getting hit on the part of the ship that is behind superstructure but 2 fires are still enough, I burned down more then my share of ships to know how effective it can be...

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You can manage all you want as you can get hit and lit on fire after 30s and you can hardly let 3 fire burn out 2 times in a row can you...

22.9s reload. Just enough to wait out USN damecon.

[OGHF]
Players
1,299 posts
23,374 battles
23 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

30E50455-25FC-4B9C-838C-D0A504C00EAF.thumb.jpeg.2c4a94cc1e6751ee96340f9db0fe6fb6.jpeg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Number of ships? This is ONE ship, and yes she is enough to burn down any BB given time, not that she is the only one mind you...

Well most people run full FP builds on high tier BBs, unless is a sec build in which they might omit BOS and just take FP + module...

Seems most people (not to be rude and say none) are not good enough, that might you know mean the ship is broken and should be you know - fixed or removed... Right?

I am not the one that opened the topic but the adapt and overcome and git gud bs really doesnt cut it here as your only determining factor here is RNG as in will you get lit up with 3 fires in a row or with 1 or 2 you can let burn while running away, ofc maintaining the angle from HE spam will help by not getting hit on the part of the ship that is behind superstructure but 2 fires are still enough, I burned down more then my share of ships to know how effective it can be...

That happens quite rarely and yes, you can let three fires burn. Done that often enough, just make sure you can take a breather in the next 45s.

I do not run full FP on ANY of my BB. They do fine.

Then they should get better. Most people fail vs BB AP, I do not see that changed either. Not that there would be a reason to.

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
Just now, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

22.9s reload. Just enough to wait out USN damecon.

Its not even important if its 22 or 32 s it will be less then reset on the target BB and you can just lite them again...

Just now, Cyclops_ said:

30E50455-25FC-4B9C-838C-D0A504C00EAF.thumb.jpeg.2c4a94cc1e6751ee96340f9db0fe6fb6.jpeg

Mhm just, you know, I am for instance cruiser main and abusing fire mechanic is what I do most of the time, that doesnt mean I cant be objective about the problems it creates...

Players
1,090 posts

I always liked using the AP on my Thunderer as the damage sticks, but hey if it's that annoying :Smile_great:

Funny , I tend to think of playing T10 as being invited to a BBQ anyway, usually with my ship on the menu:Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 2

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
1 minute ago, Cyclops_ said:

i love this picture

the creator had to put in some really useless stuff, like secondaries are crap (which they are, for most of the bbs) to make it complete and very funi

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1