Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnolfus

What is up with the amount of CV battles?

15 comments in this topic

[CATCH]
Players
80 posts
3,868 battles

Returned after a hiatus of 1-2 months.

Every single battle I've played since then (16) bar one, have been CV battles.

Got struck for 28k in three strikes in a tier 8 cruiser, facing tier 6 CVs.

Did they get buffed? WTF is happening? This kind of crap usually only occured at tier 4-5. Legit wondering if I should just leave this game, CVs absolutely ruin any sort of interesting playstyles. Nevermind the 8-10k (25%+ of your ships HP in a tier 8 cruiser) of HP chunked away at the beginning of a match, the constant random spotting makes active plays pointless.

• Cool 7

[CATS]
Players
29,641 posts
15,312 battles
5 minutes ago, Gnolfus said:

Returned after a hiatus of 1-2 months.

Every single battle I've played since then (16) bar one, have been CV battles.

Got struck for 28k in three strikes in a tier 8 cruiser, facing tier 6 CVs.

Did they get buffed? WTF is happening? This kind of crap usually only occured at tier 4-5. Legit wondering if I should just leave this game, CVs absolutely ruin any sort of interesting playstyles. Nevermind the 8-10k (25%+ of your ships HP in a tier 8 cruiser) of HP chunked away at the beginning of a match, the constant random spotting makes active plays pointless.

We have a slight increase, since many new players are interested in CV.

On average, you should encounter CV less than every second match from mid to high Tier.

[CATCH]
Players
80 posts
3,868 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

We have a slight increase, since many new players are interested in CV.

On average, you should encounter CV less than every second match from mid to high Tier.

On average, I've encountered CV's in 93% of battles since I started playing again. Tier 6-8.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
29,641 posts
15,312 battles
Just now, Gnolfus said:

On average, I've encountered CV's in 93% of battles since I started playing again. Tier 6-8.

Your 16 games do not represent the server average.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Players
2,129 posts
20,074 battles

I have the same kind of luck as you OP, the vast majority of the matches I have played lately have been with CVs, it's just all part of the great plan according to spreadsheets.

[HANDS]
Players
306 posts
23,931 battles

Play a strong AA ship and u will not find them  :fish_aqua:

On a serious note, 1st strike hurts, after u get saturated will not be a lot of dmg.(except Ap bombs/torps). Play yourself a CV and u will learn what they can and cant do. Is what i did and now i dont care if CV is present or not, no matter what i play. 

• Funny 1

Players
1,278 posts
9,963 battles

It's one of the four classes of ship in the game. The objective of the rework was to make them more popular, and apparently they succeeded. Not sure what else to tell you. :cap_hmm:

I do wish the anti-CV gameplay was more engaging, but overall I find the game fun regardless of whether there're CV's in the game. Presence of CV's does constrain what and where you should be doing in the game (which isn't exclusively a bad thing).

[LEWD]
Players
364 posts
23,273 battles

Had a cv in a game today bosting how op it is and guess what it was,I don't understand why we have made them like this and have no intension of balancing them. 

[CATCH]
Players
80 posts
3,868 battles
2 hours ago, jss78 said:

Presence of CV's does constrain what and where you should be doing in the game (which isn't exclusively a bad thing).

CV not in the game: Big opportunities for risk/reward plays based on your concealment and what you are facing.

CV in the game: Passive and stagnant blobbed up shooting gallery. Match is often heavily decided by the skill level of the opposing CVs alone.

not a bad thing btw

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Definitely seeing an increase in Cvs across the board, also seeing more DDs, notably EU/Swedish ones, which is no surprise given the current and last update, at least said new DDs aren’t being seal clubbed.

However I am seeing inconsistencies, in oland vs a T8 cv I’m doing good damage, not so good but respectable vs T10’s and yet I struggle against T6’s, more evidence of WG’s RNG ?.  Def AA seems to work well other times not so well, it’s the same ship and I play it the same way.

Once again MM is the core problem, yes I do respectable damage to T10 planes but the rocket planes bloody hurt.   Lowest T10 HP for a DD ?, Olands HP ?,   Yep WGs 378th attempt to bodge MM continues, permanent +/- 1 across the board = zero issues, except for T10 botes that seal club T8’s.

Beta Tester
5,562 posts
22,154 battles
10 hours ago, Gnolfus said:

Thank You for being the poor sod who gets all the CVs in his T6+ battles that I don't seem to get.

As others stated above, for me - during daytime, which is when I play - I rarely meet any CV in my battles at T6 and up. And on tiers below that, the number has been mostly reduced to only one CV per team.

So play more battles and you should see the average % of CVs in those battles decline

Players
3,037 posts

the vast majority of noobs have slowly started to kinda learn CVs, it is expected. But I believe it is more a cultural shock more since you were absent from the game. I also encountered CVs each game now that I think about it, but then again I played CVs since my return so there's that :fish_aqua:

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,128 battles

Reworked CVs are alive & well in T4 battles. Still 2 per side so they can dominate & make DD lives miserable (amongst others). 

Just wait till you get a T3/4 mixed tier battle with CVs. MM working as intended. If you can't beat them, 'join' them.