Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

Tier X Gameplay is worst than ever - what are doing WG ?!

166 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

More and more games in T10 seems to become a camp fest with a team cornered in a border and other team making target practice from all flanks / sides.

Peoples who, somehow, reached T10 or/and bought T9/T10 Premium ships behave worse than newbies at T2-T3 ;

Camping - sure, nobody bothers to scout / push/advance & cap:

Secure a flank ? Nah, lemmings train is the new trend, all in same direction and no concern at all about being flanked and caught in cross-fire.

Add the almost always present AFK guy(s).

I am grinding my IJN reset line,  in Amagi, and is ridiculous to see players at T6-T7-T8 with a lot more experience than the ones at T10.

Each game in 3-4 I lose like in the picture,  and I confess I cannot understand what is on these peoples minds - are they aware the  gameplay have some simple but decisive objectives ?

What we can do, what WG should do, in order to restore some competitive skills ?  Are peoples satisfied with 5-6 min games, fast defeats, and the credit loss associated ?! ( running a T10, even with camo, will still make a hole in your credits in games like in the picture....) .

What you think guys, what WG should change in order to bring back the fun we used to have some years ago ?....

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.26 - 10.09.19.58.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.27 - 13.31.07.10.png

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,054 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue sagte:

More and more games in T10 seems to become a camp fest with a team cornered in a border and other team making target practice from all flanks / sides.

Peoples who, somehow, reached T10 or/and bought T9/T10 Premium ships behave worse than newbies at T2-T3 ;

Secure a flank ? Nah, lemmings train is the new trend, all in same direction and no concern at all about being flanked and caught in cross-fire.

I am grinding my IJN reset line,  in Amagi, and is ridiculous to see players at T6-T7-T8 with a lot more experience than the ones at T10.

Each game in 3-4 I lose like in the picture,  and I confess I cannot understand what is on these peoples minds - are they aware the MM have some simple but decisive objectives ?

What we can do, what WG should do, in order to restore some competitive skills ?  Are peoples satisfied with 5-6 min games, fast defeats, and the credit loss associated ?! ( running a T10, even with camo, will still make a hole in your credits in games like in the picture....) .

What you think guys, what WG should change in order to bring back the fun we used to have some years ago ?....

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.26 - 10.09.19.58.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.27 - 13.31.07.10.png

Yeah but it's WG fault. They allow players with 100 battles to play tier ten. It's good for their business but not for the game. 

• Cool 20

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

Quaranteams for ya.

Convinced most of them play with their minimap disabled.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,414 posts
12,277 battles

I came here to see and close another MM topic :) 

oh buoy how wrong I was :) 

Then I've edited the post and the title.. so it shows its true identity. 

Lets discuss how we make high tiers fun again, instead of diving into "put noobs together to play with!" or "prevent people to buy premium ships!"

:) have fun! 

• Cool 7

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,561 battles

People want Edited* and carefully curated teams that know what they are doing. Well there is always Clan Battles...Oh wait...

edit: lets keep this topic away from MM discussion, so it won't die soon! 

• Cool 1

Players
707 posts
2,099 battles

Just put a big red flashing arrow above each cap with the words 'You should be here' in the players language.

At least then they shouldn't all run for the back of the map......

• Funny 3

Players
2,516 posts
14,707 battles
19 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

"prevent people to buy premium ships!"

Newcomers not people in general and let them buy and play as much as they want. In coop:cap_haloween:

WG should have implemented some obligatory tutorials/achievements in a form of fun and engaging well rewarded operations/missions (not in a reeework way:Smile_trollface:) that would educate people before they can pass from tier to tier or start to play a new class (dying before 5 minutes DDs I am looking at you.- as gameplay changes drastically at higher tiers).  I know there are how it works, but who can be bothered to watch it if just installed the game?

• Cool 4

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,025 posts

First of they can begin with removing "standard" game mode. If u want them to move u need to force them to move.

And secondly they should start to put in requirements to be able to unlock and buy ships from and including tier 7 and up.

i.e average 50% of grindship hp in damage or something like that.

This is something that has been suggested a looooong time ago in wot. But aparently they like a clueless playerbase....as in wot.

• Cool 7

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,448 posts
10,628 battles

WG should come up with some motivation for the players to get better.

i mean something that will motivate the players to stay with f.e.  t6 bit longer to reach some f.e. average basic xp based progression for whatever rewards instead of hurr durr to next tier

• Cool 3

[IDDQD]
Korzár
2,570 posts
1,060 battles
Před 1 minutou von_chom řekl/a:

WG should come up with some motivation for the players to get better

Forgot this.. 

WG will give these potatoes free consumables in the next patch.. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Players
2,516 posts
14,707 battles
11 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Remove divisions :Smile_hiding:

Common mate. It's the last funny thing to do: play with mates, have a laugh and batter and support that you can count on.

If you have no friends find them. Invest in a mic and you will see.

• Cool 4

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
28 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Newcomers not people in general and let them buy and play as much as they want. In coop:cap_haloween:

WG should have implemented some obligatory tutorials/achievements in a form of fun and engaging well rewarded operations/missions (not in a reeework way:Smile_trollface:) that would educate people before they can pass from tier to tier or start to play a new class (dying before 5 minutes DDs I am looking at you.- as gameplay changes drastically at higher tiers).  I know there are how it works, but who can be bothered to watch it if just installed the game?

look here this pro gearing - right on start, with 2 bbs behind him ready to support, he do what - he REVERSE all the way back !  Yes is true,  the dd start the game by going backward !

Do I need to mention we lost the game in 5 min ?....

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.27 - 13.38.02.07.png

• Funny 4

Players
2,516 posts
14,707 battles
21 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

look here this pro gearing - right on start, with 2 bbs behind him ready to support, he do what - he REVERSE all the way back !  Yes is true,  the dd start the game by going backward !

But 3 long range radars!!!! :cap_haloween:

Must be BB main. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts
27,526 battles
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Each game in 3-4 I lose like in the picture,  and I confess I cannot understand what is on these peoples minds - are they aware the  gameplay have some simple but decisive objectives ?

I  must say I agree today the teams are, just... Oh Jesus...

After long time it made me actually consider uninstalling this game and looking for something else to play...

TBH I dont see what WG can actually do here though as they cant really control who installs and plays the game...

• Cool 4

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

Lets discuss how we make high tiers fun again, instead of diving into "put noobs together to play with!" or "prevent people to buy premium ships!"

How we make high tiers fun again? Sorry, but what?

I mean yes, one can argue against skill-based MM or argue about the progression model being flawed, but stating "let's not discuss potential flaws in the system but rather lets discuss how we can make things fun again" is to me not just a pretty worthless proposition, but borderline insulting. We, as single players have no influence on the meta, nor on how it can be changed. We, as the collective of forum peeps don't have much influence either. Telling us to not discuss skill-based MM or how premiums can be purchased for the nth time is one thing, but telling us to come up with solutions that are beyond what any of us can fix instead is just absolutely pointless and basically diverting the attention to where it's wasted, but where it won't reflect as badly upon WG.

• Cool 10

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts
27,526 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

When are those shiny new tier X ships coming to the Premium Shop? :Smile_Default:

Soon (TM)

• Funny 3

Players
2,996 posts
36 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

31% WR, 35 PR (yes, 35) on Gearing. What did you expect? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Angry 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
35 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Don't be too harsh. Remember, in a few patches these DD players will have to kill subs for you.

• Funny 7

[PRT]
Players
179 posts
8,435 battles

Well, why not give huge rewards for capping? Guess that could change most campers way of playing. With the right rewards, every battle could become a slugger party!  :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 4

Players
6,119 posts
1 minute ago, Jimbomaxi said:

Well, why not give huge rewards for capping? Guess that could change most campers way of playing. With the right rewards, every battle could become a slugger party!  :Smile_izmena:

Well yes, if they moved the caps behind those back line rocks...:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

Beta Tester
1,001 posts
2 hours ago, Aixin said:

Yeah but it's WG fault. They allow players with 100 battles to play tier ten. It's good for their business but not for the game. 

not fault but intention

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[-LA-]
Players
700 posts
5,354 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

I came here to see and close another MM topic :) 

oh buoy how wrong I was :) 

Then I've edited the post and the title.. so it shows its true identity. 

:) have fun! 

stop releasing island humping smoke screens that vomit 16 rounds a second trough thier railguns into targets , while making ships out of petrol soaked rags and splintered bolsa.

actually balance ships rather than leave them broken and putting them into the santa rip off lottery to coerce obscene amounts of money out of whales with poor control mechanisms.

1. introduce variation into the maps , islands sometimes there some not different placing to change up the angles a bit etc.

2. offence is just so much more affective than any defence. too many big overpen ships invalidating any positiong play, guns are too accurate armour too pointless fires too easy too much damage, as the tiers go up range and accuracy do to it multiplies the defence gets less and less. 

no one does anything but sit back and camp then run awy because by design its the most effective thing to do. 

• Cool 11