Sign in to follow this  
ToomasWoT

Mutsuki Gun nerf?

8 comments in this topic

[PGTIP]
Beta Tester
7 posts
1,335 battles

so I unlocked the upgraded guns on the mutsuki before the latest patch and now they've been severely nerfed?

In the research tree you start off with 4 guns stock, then going up the hull upgrades you lose 2 main guns for some extra AA and in the last patch the upgraded guns gave you pretty decent turret traverse and doubled the rate of fire (10 rounds/min or something similar, don't remember the exact stats) basically making getting the upgrades worth it, you lost 2 guns but gained rate of fire raising the DPM back to the levels of when you had 4 guns.

This patch seems to have severely nerfed that, the turrets now turn slow as S*** and the rate of fire is down to 5.5, so now it's truly pointless to even get the upgraded guns cause you lose half your DPM. This makes it near impossible to keep your guns on target when in a fight to the death with an enemy DD or trying to return fire at someone while taking evasive action. This brings me to my general opinion of the Mutsuki so far, what's the point of even having guns on it when they're next to useless, you're completely defenseless vs. american DDs unless you land a lucky torp on them.

Anyone care to explain the decision to nerf the upgraded guns?

Weekend Tester
48 posts
157 battles

WG shaved few sec off torpedo reload and figured unless you nerf the guns again they are too OP compared to the US ones.. :sceptic:

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

WG shaved few sec off torpedo reload and figured unless you nerf the guns again they are too OP compared to the US ones.. :sceptic:

15 seconds were enough for Hatsuharu and Fubuki, but nowhere near enough for Mutsuki especially with that turret nerf.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,544 battles

Yeah I wonder how many people, who notice the actual effects of the hull upgrade and gun upgrade, actually do upgrade. Arguably it is a downgrade. It's not like AA in a DD is important, you want it to stay off most of the time anyway.

Weekend Tester
48 posts
157 battles

Yeah I wonder how many people, who notice the actual effects of the hull upgrade and gun upgrade, actually do upgrade. Arguably it is a downgrade. It's not like AA in a DD is important, you want it to stay off most of the time anyway.

But unless you upgrade the hull you will not get the upgraded guns and the stock are even worse, with 45s default turnrate... T8 Amagi BB has better.:(

With that speed the number of guns does not matter since any US destroyer, cruisers or even BB would eat you up with ease when you drive in a straight line to train your guns.

Devs should stop pushing for realistic historical(somewhat) stats in a game that is far from it and focus on balance.. in this case giving IJN DDs a bit more competitive guns.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,544 battles

If you engage a USN DD in a gunfight you are going to lose, fast rotation or not. With the four guns you at least have the capability to deliver an unexpected alpha strike with HE, hopefully knocking out the engine or rudders. And that's often enough to let your torpedoes strike home. And it isn't as if the turret rotation becomes fast, or even fast enough, regardless.

If you really have to use your guns in a fight with USN ships, you are better off to lock them to one side, and then shoot when the enemy is on that side. Trying to go full rotation gunbattle is a losing proposition unless your enemy is really bad, or is very low on HP (and then I would say that you are better off not turning like mad).

Edited by Unintentional_submarine

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,566 battles

Having bought the mutsuki, hated it, sold it to rebuy the minekaze, I've now rebought the mutsuki (figure this is CBT, dev's need data to see things need improving. Can't get data if people don't play it). Still hate it, and the torps are still unlikely to hit due to turning circles/how slow they are. I'm now trying using the guns more, so I'm trying it with the captain skill of +2.5 dg/sec and the equipment that give +15% turret speed, just to see if this makes it more useful.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

I spent two captain skill points in that 2.5º per second improvement for the turrets,and now they're useless thanks to that unexpected nerf.

Definitely the last hull option is worth nothing, as the "improved guns" don't compensate for their reduced number (I think they did before the nerf), and the AA setup is still crap anyway. I've gone back to the 4-gun option, which at least will let me get some hits once in a while.

Edited by JapLance

Sign in to follow this