TheKidMSX

airplanes behave strangely in update 0.3.1

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3 posts
552 battles

Since the 0.3.1 update I have noticed 2 strange behaiviors with the carrier planes. I was wondering if anyone else experiences the same ?

I have this problem with my only two carriers, the bogue and the hosho.

When my fighters are attacked by other fighter, they stay stationary on the same place and move in slow motion. When I order them back to the carrier, it useually takes so long, they are all shot down before the ever start moving towards my carrier.

The second an more anoying bug. My torpedo planes, somethings engage a target without dropping the torpedos and just simply fly away of of the map. (completely outof sight). Ordering them back to the carrier doesn't help. They don't react on anything.

Minor issue : Clicking on enemy planes or ship might sometimes be anoying, since the wrong enemy is selected or nothing is selected and just a waypoint is set. Clicking several millimeters next to the target usually selects after all.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3 posts
810 battles

I didn't play carriers before this patch so I can't relate but I can confirm those two points, as far as fighters are concerned I thought that's how it works, but the torpedo bombers issue happened many times to me and it's very annoying. I had 7 torpedo bombers left inside but I couldn't use it because my 2 squads of torpedo bombers instead of dropping the torpedos just decided to turn arround and fly as far from me as possible (over 100km away, lol) and they wouldn't listen to any orders...

Beta Tester
3 posts
552 battles

yep, that's exactly what I am experiencing. Hope it will be fixed in the next patch, because it's unplayable this way.

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,828 posts
7,180 battles

One other issue I've noticed is that sometimes when you order a plane to do a drop it flies to the intended location and then starts flying in circles and just doesn't engage in the attack. And this behavior stays with that plane squadron until you force them to manually attack.

Beta Tester
5 posts
3,093 battles

Hello, I've got other issue.

My torpedo bomber planes RUN OUT of the map! I know, young men, have families - they want to live. But it's the f**n war! ;-) ... anyway - if they run out of the map - there's no possibility to get them back. It appears, this is rule on Japan tier IV AC. But it stick only to torp. bomber team "3". Team "4" for obey orders.

It' happened 2 times in a row, so it's not a mistake. During attack or just after. Didn't notice exactly. "F" key - return to ship is not working for this "3"rd group.

I happened on the same map - but pic. 3 comes from 2nd game. Hmm... can't upload images - is it possible at all ?

best wishes,

R.

Beta Tester
2 posts
182 battles

Hade the same bug whit my torpedo planes, thay act like thay dop the topedoes, but they dont and thay just fly of the map, cant recall them, can sit in he plane and look at the map from a distance..

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

For some reason I'm under the impression the torp and bomber approach runs lock and start a bit sooner, giving you less time to abort or change the angle.

Edited by Figment

Beta Tester
3 posts
810 battles

Hello, I've got other issue.

My torpedo bomber planes RUN OUT of the map! I know, young men, have families - they want to live. But it's the f**n war! ;-) ... anyway - if they run out of the map - there's no possibility to get them back. It appears, this is rule on Japan tier IV AC. But it stick only to torp. bomber team "3". Team "4" for obey orders.

It' happened 2 times in a row, so it's not a mistake. During attack or just after. Didn't notice exactly. "F" key - return to ship is not working for this "3"rd group.

I happened on the same map - but pic. 3 comes from 2nd game. Hmm... can't upload images - is it possible at all ?

best wishes,

R.

That's not other issue, that's exactly the same thing we experience, but it's not limited to tier IV carriers, I had it happen on both V and VI too.

speaking of torp bombers, I would also love an indicator for manual torps like ships do, heh

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

speaking of torp bombers, I would also love an indicator for manual torps like ships do, heh

There is a manual mode for torps.

There's an arrow to point the direction of attack and you can use ALT to place it somewhere.

Beta Tester
3 posts
810 battles

There is a manual mode for torps.

There's an arrow to point the direction of attack and you can use ALT to place it somewhere.

I am talking about the aim assist like destroyers/cruisers have, although that would probably break it a little

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

I am talking about the aim assist like destroyers/cruisers have, although that would probably break it a little

I see what you mean, a projected position in front of the target? Even then, course changes are too constant and the amount of quick adjustment you'd have to do in that short a timespan is pretty terrible for a manual drop. So that's basically what the automatic thing is providing at the cost of a bit of accuracy.

[SINC]
Beta Tester
85 posts
4,005 battles

what about the good old "underwater planes", or "fighters sitting on water shooting eachother", or "my planes crash on landing"? those idiotic bugs still exist