Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mangone

UI scale bug

12 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
27 posts
11,046 battles

So i encountered this UI scale issue which makes my ships thicc. I noticed i can fix it setting UI scale to minimum and back to optimal but it comes back everytime time i launch wows so its not permanent fix. I didnt have this issue before when i used old launcher but yesterday i did clean windows reinstall and used WGC to install wows as its coming mandatory anyway. Last night it was ok but today when i logged in i saw these thicc ships.. Any ideas whats the issue and how to fix?

@YabbaCoe @MrConway @TheWarJaC

2020-04-25_15-40-17.png

2020-04-25_15-55-54.png

2020-04-25_18-00-44.png

[4_0_4]
Players
7,966 posts
14,340 battles

Usually I change this and it get's fixed:

shot-20_04.26_00_55.06-0551.thumb.jpg.931a34e5fc6dc7b8e0f51f1ae25f8b1c.jpg

Looks like the auto somehow makes mistakes.

[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
27 posts
11,046 battles
47 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Usually I change this and it get's fixed:

shot-20_04.26_00_55.06-0551.thumb.jpg.931a34e5fc6dc7b8e0f51f1ae25f8b1c.jpg

Looks like the auto somehow makes mistakes.

Just checked that and seems mine is not on auto its 16:9. Also i noticed if try change full screen windowed to full screen i get black screen and second monitor resolution go pixel madness, like it looks without graphics drivers. Maybe its nvidia grpahics driver related issue as i installed latest driver while i used few months old driver with previous windows installation.

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles

That... looks like the game went from 3D to 2D..... hmm

Maybe some issue in graphic card settings?

[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
27 posts
11,046 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

That... looks like the game went from 3D to 2D..... hmm

Maybe some issue in graphic card settings?

Well i was just thinking about issue with nvidia graphic driver as i installed latest driver while i used few months ols driver with my previous windows install. I havent changed any graphips cards setting tho so its latest driver on stock settings in fresh clean windows.

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles
Just now, Mangone said:

Well i was just thinking about issue with nvidia graphic driver as i installed latest driver while i used few months ols driver with my previous windows install. I havent changed any graphips cards setting tho so its latest driver on stock settings in fresh clean windows.

Maybe some game files. Make a reinstall maybe this will help.

[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
27 posts
11,046 battles
16 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Maybe some game files. Make a reinstall maybe this will help.

Well i just installed this yesterday on clean windows. It took 10 hours to download as corona has destroyed our internet so im not too eager to redownload it. Currently im trying to download Vermintide 2 on steam and it says 2d12h remaining as its weekend and its even slower.

Modder
5,211 posts
23,463 battles
2 hours ago, Mangone said:

(....)if try change full screen windowed to full screen i get black screen (....) and second monitor resolution go pixel madness,(...)

You are using multiple monitors and game  or driver has probably problem with that. So i have a questions:

1. Are both monitos are using the same working resolution with the same refresh rate ? ex. 1920x1080 60HZ. You have probably different ones, so black screen when game is forcing your primary to work with resolution of secondary. (my bet)

2. When you try to set full screen,  do You pick the same resolution as using under Windows on Your gaming monitor ?

Anyway, disconnect second monitor and look if this helps. You can always try to start a game without launcher. And if Your card can work with standard Nvidia drivers ? If it is laptop, them many times it would work, byt not correctly Special drivers from manufacturer could be needed,

ps. game re-downloading is pointless.

[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
27 posts
11,046 battles
12 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

You are using multiple monitors and game  or driver has probably problem with that. So i have a questions:

1. Are both monitos are using the same working resolution with the same refresh rate ? ex. 1920x1080 60HZ. You have probably different ones, so black screen when game is forcing your primary to work with resolution of secondary. (my bet)

2. When you try to set full screen,  do You pick the same resolution as using under Windows on Your gaming monitor ?

Anyway, disconnect second monitor and look if this helps. You can always try to start a game without launcher. And if Your card can work with standard Nvidia drivers ? If it is laptop, them many times it would work, byt not correctly Special drivers from manufacturer could be needed,

ps. game re-downloading is pointless.

Both monitors are 27" 1440p, main monitor is 144hz and secondary is 75hz. I think i found the issue my main monitor was set to 60hz  at default in nvidia contro panel, setting it to 144hz seems to have fixed the issue.

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,999 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mangone said:

So i encountered this UI scale issue which makes my ships thicc. I noticed i can fix it setting UI scale to minimum and back to optimal but it comes back everytime time i launch wows so its not permanent fix. I didnt have this issue before when i used old launcher but yesterday i did clean windows reinstall and used WGC to install wows as its coming mandatory anyway. Last night it was ok but today when i logged in i saw these thicc ships.. Any ideas whats the issue and how to fix?

@YabbaCoe @MrConway @TheWarJaC

2020-04-25_15-40-17.png

2020-04-25_15-55-54.png

2020-04-25_18-00-44.png

Although I think its hilarious, its obviously not working as it should :P

Please send a support ticket and we'll do our best to help you fix it!