Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapiteinKaassouffle_NL

Which T8 premium would you pick?

59 comments in this topic

Players
292 posts
12,054 battles

May or may not be bored of waiting for Siegfried and Borodino to come back into the development spotlights.

So I thought what T8 premium you people would put your money/coupons worth in. 

It only counts for T8 premiums you can still get so Kuznetsov and Enterprise don't count. 

My personal pick goes to Bayard or Gascogne. But ive heard Gascogne is just pure garbage. Bayard seems interesting though so does Lenin. 

But don't wanna go on a buying streak. 

Halp

• Cool 2

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles

Bayard i heard is basically a far(?) better charles partel. Champagne, when she arrives will probs be a french slava with no armour humping the nearest island/border (or both if she can drag the former with her too).

Maybe massa or derpitz.

Although for me, no money spending but if we could have coal tier 8 ships (pls) then i would be happy.

Players
292 posts
12,054 battles
2 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Bayard i heard is basically a far(?) better charles partel. Champagne, when she arrives will probs be a french slava with no armour humping the nearest island/border (or both if she can drag the former with her too).

Maybe massa or derpitz.

Although for me, no money spending but if we could have coal tier 8 ships (pls) then i would be happy.

I forgot Champagne was a ship. Never heard any info about  the ship other than the image. 

I could go for massa, too many german ships.

Was Irain garbo too? 

[-TPF-]
Players
4,469 posts
18,504 battles

I tried these out recently. Gascogne and Lenin were the best of the BBs. Bayard was alright if you are short of an HE spamming cruiser.

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

I forgot Champagne was a ship. Never heard any info about  the ship other than the image. 

I could go for massa, too many german ships.

Was Irain garbo too? 

I heard irain is gud, Champagne litterally has slava dispersion (and if im not mistaken pen), but she only has 3 at the front 3 on her bum so a very awkward republique.

Also she has 25mm's of armour so she will get memed by most ships (BB's anyways) she sees half the time.

Has around 24-25km range without spotter plane.

[HAMAR]
Players
511 posts

Massa. Bayard . Cossack

I own Massa and Cossack. I rented Bayard and it is one of the most fun ship I have played.

Beta Tester
1,035 posts
16,631 battles
6 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

I could go for massa

Id spend nothing with WG policy, but if you wish id go with a HE spamer, its the thing of curent meta, Bayard, Wichita, Irian. Taking a BB would just make you a target practice for those HE spammers, as the overpenetration are a drag. In this case if you wish for a BB then take which ever you like.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,228 posts
9,841 battles
9 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Taking a BB would just make you a target practice for those HE spammers, as the overpenetration are a drag.

Imo, T8 BBs became really strong since T8 gets to be toptier more often.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,971 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Imo, T8 BBs became really strong since T8 gets to be toptier more often.

And because t7 and lower cruisers can't directly hurt T8 BB's anymore either apart from superstructure hits even with IFHE (and with IFHE your firechance drops like a rock).

• Cool 1

Players
2,038 posts
3,805 battles

So, my picks would be:

CVs: Kaga

BBs: Massa, Tipritz, Alabama, Lenin

CAs/CLs: Bayard, Irian, Mainz, Atago

DDs: Cossack, Kidd, Asashio

• Cool 6

[BULLS]
[BULLS]
Beta Tester
65 posts
10,015 battles

for credits and just being OP i would say, Prinz Eugen. It is a beast. You can seemingly do badly in the game and come out at the end with a ton of credits (and survive the game). It's also super bouncy 

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,469 posts
18,504 battles
40 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Champagne litterally has slava dispersion (and if im not mistaken pen), but she only has 3 at the front 3 on her bum so a very awkward republique.

Also she has 25mm's of armour so she will get memed by most ships (BB's anyways) she sees half the time.

So does Gascogne. If you imagine a fast Graf Spee with nasty guns, that's close. I enjoyed that one (but I like French BBs).

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,725 posts
45,852 battles

Atago, Albama, Massa, Bayard are my bets today, Lenin maybe Cossack

[SHAD]
Players
3,438 posts
14,153 battles

BB

Massachusetts or Lenin

Cruiser

Mainz, Bayard or Atago

DD

Loyang or Cossack 

Players
3,532 posts

Age old favourite, the Tirpitz, Massa people rave about it but to me she seem sluggish and the secondaries (her party trick) seema bit lacklustre, to me definitely a ship where you need to be in a division of them.

Right now that is about the only T8 premium I would recommend, maybe the Kidd if your a DD main

• Bad 1

Players
272 posts

I've tried out a few T8 ships for rent from the armory bundles. Bayard and Lenin really stood out in their playstyle.   Bayard is  very agile and MBRB gives her an edge over DDs. Lenin has a usable third turret unlike Vlad. 

[BATES]
Players
7 posts
20,245 battles

Bayard is a nice ship..great fire starter and with that speed boost..for me its a fun ship...same goes for IRIAN..with the deep water torps which you could use to suprise battleships...and has a torpdeo reload..

Lenin is another strong tier 8 and a fun ship too..Gasgone is an average or even below average battleship..

My personal recommendations.....BAYARD and/or LENIN

Beta Tester
1,035 posts
16,631 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

T8 gets to be toptier more often

Really? I havent noticed them beying toptier more often at all. And even if somehow manage to be, you overpen everything lowtier or bounce of anything hightier. Cruisers atleast burn all.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,228 posts
9,841 battles
6 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Really? I havent noticed them beying toptier more often at all. And even if somehow manage to be, you overpen everything lowtier or bounce of anything hightier. Cruisers atleast burn all.

Ever since they changed MM, im way less often in T9-10 games than what T8 ships used to be. Even T9 faces T10 less often. But the price is T6-7 being lowtier more often. I dont fancy playing those anymore... And T7 was my favourite tier!

Getting too many overpens might just be the Desync problem going on. And >400mm BBs wont bounce that much on higtier Cruisers, unless they are T10. Only the 380mm BBs have it a bit harder. But then again, i dont agree with the general opinion, that small caliber hightier BBs got shafted with the Cruiser plating buff. Sure a little bit, but they sure werent made useless by it. You always want to shoot broadsides, even before the change. More hits + More cits = more damage.

[SHAD]
Players
3,438 posts
14,153 battles

T8 is now a good tier for matchmaking.

T7 was the best but now could be the worst partly due to the big armour and concealment changes that occur between T7 and T8.

I forgot the Irian. Excellent long range HE spam that synergies perfectly with the 13.5km deep water torpedoes. An absolute joy when battleships try to charge you!

[XTREM]
Players
2,032 posts
14,958 battles

Gascogne is actually really good, if you know how to use it. I love that ship, it's a little like a mini-Republique and I adore Republique. She has an amazing cooldown on her heal. Far from garbage, you've been misinformed here.  

Lenin is a different beast. Very strong ship, she's like a brick. Imagine pre-nerf Vladi accuracy with just a weaker citadel as tradeoff. 10/10 would recommend. 

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
700 posts
5,354 battles

i still find t8 to be constant bottom tier waste of time no fun zone would never pay for a t8 or not as it stands