Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Russian Bias

69 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

A lot, if not most of us, outside Russia would say WG is blatantly biased, naturally WG deny, this, as is the Russian way, but having watched the latest series of video's this is the impression you get;

That the Soviets designed the best BB, "A ship to beat Yamato", and yet not one was made or sailed, Lion wasn't built but wasn't britain the country to produce the very last BB ?.  Not bad for a tiny little country.

The atlantic convoys (The UK, And U.S) giving them aid, so that they did'nt get their arses kicked, being solely saved by the Glorious Seven's, Planes, and Subs are one thing , how about Shiny Horse, and Tirpitz, oh the Brits sunk them.  Remind me why Royal Sovereign  never left port, oh U boats. So I assume these world class BB's would've had exemplary Torpedo Protection ?.

In short Russia's attempt to re-write history, and the Soviets pathetic Naval tradition, for the last 100+ years continues.

Message to WG, drop the anti west, in particular anti Brit Rhetoric and concentrate on the game, I know truth and equality don't matter east of Germany, and concentrate on the GAME. .

That's the last load of crap I watch.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
7 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

A lot, if not most of us, outside Russia would say WG is blatantly biased, naturally WG deny, this, as is the Russian way, but having watched the latest series of video's this is the impression you get;

That the Soviets designed the best BB, "A ship to beat Yamato", and yet not one was made or sailed, Lion wasn't built but wasn't britain the country to produce the very last BB ?.  Not bad for a tiny little country.

The atlantic convoys (The UK, And U.S) giving them aid, so that they did'nt get their arses kicked, ..

As if this were not russian bias....

And people should stop looking at only at GB during WW2, but should better look at the Empire.

British_Empire_and_Commonwealth_c._1940.

That is "a bit" bigger...

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
973 posts

lol, winning ww2 is one of the few achievements russia has and you want them to drop it. if anything it will only get stronger and more biased ...

and totally forgetting that they were the ones who started it ...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
30 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

The atlantic convoys (The UK, And U.S) giving them aid, so that they did'nt get their arses kicked, being solely saved by the Glorious Seven's, Planes, and Subs are one thing , how about Shiny Horse, and Tirpitz, oh the Brits sunk them.

In short Russia's attempt to re-write history, and the Soviets pathetic Naval tradition, for the last 100+ years continues.

Message to WG, as with the Salisbury Duo, Afghan, high kill rate during the allied Syria raids, and Soviet Navy's "actual" track record in the last 100 years; drop the anti west, in particular anti Brit Rhetoric and concentrate on the game.

That's the last load of crap I watch.

comes a time in your life you will understand the real facts; Yes the Russian people are great! I mean family cornerstone of society, free religion, free exploring, all free to explore. So, do not come to me with such a "topic" do not, we know better, I  am a Dutch (Netherlands) person (generations deep), so do not come ta me with such bs, pls do not. I admire the Russian people very highly, the arts, the science, the sports (chess!!!), evolution, striving for evolution in the vast Galaxy, as we humans are meant to do. That is the big picture here (overview). If you would ask me: do you love the russian people, then I respond immediately: "Yea!!!, i highly do, I admire them!!!" Look at the history of Russia my friend, the real history, then you know, and you will never ever forget! Yaskara XX

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
5 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

comes a time in your life you will understand the real facts; Yes the Russian people are great! I mean family cornerstone of society, free religion, free exploring, all free to explore. So, do not come to me with such a "topic" do not, we know better, I  am a Dutch (Netherlands) person (generations deep), so do not come ta me with such bs, pls do not. I admire the Russian people very highly, the arts, the science, the sports (chess!!!), evolution, striving for evolution in the vast Galaxy, as we humans are meant to do. That is the big picture here (overview). If you would ask me: do you love the russian people, then I respond immediately: "Yea!!!, i highly do, I admire them!!!" Look at the history of Russia my friend, the real history, then you know, and you will never ever forget! Yaskara XX

forgot to say: the Russia Navy are true heroes!!!! forgot to say, true men, true heroes (look it up, true history) Yaskara XX

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[SKRUB]
Players
588 posts
22,516 battles

Excuse me, this subject is about the game WOWS or how well people think, they are the best history teatcher ?

Because that subject kinda stink.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[RRVK]
Players
43 posts
12,555 battles
12 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

lol, winning ww2 is one of the few achievements russia has and you want them to drop it. if anything it will only get stronger and more biased ...

and totally forgetting that they were the ones who started it ...

The Soviet Army was instrumental in winning the Second World War. However, the Soviet Navy did not play a significant role in my opinion.

The Pacific theatre did not come into play until Germany had been knocked out and Japan only had minute naval ressources.

The Arctic theatre played a small but important role in protecting convoys North of German occupied Norway and doing search and rescue.

The Baltic theatre saw mostly sorties by Soviet submarines until very late in the war.

The Black Sea theatre suffered heavy losses from the Soviet defeat at Odessa and Sevastopol. 

The Soviet bias discussion is alive and well - constantly being fueled by the release of (cold war) paper designs - which had very little chance of making it onto a slipway in real life. Thus, I am afraid, that paper designs will always prove superior to real builds - because paper designs do not have to grounded in reality.

• Cool 6

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
725 posts
19,593 battles
19 minutes ago, ScruffyNoob said:

The Soviet Army was instrumental in winning the Second World War. However, the Soviet Navy did not play a significant role in my opinion.

As usual totally anti Russian.  The Soviet navy had a large impact  on the great patriotic war, they took ship crews and sent them to the front as foot soldiers with bayonets behind them.

• Funny 3

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
9 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

am confused.

halp.

nahh, not ever getta be confused CptBarney: i am a Dutch, and I REALY admire the Russian people for sure(!) and I state such in a time i still can other than being banned, hahaha, enjoy

listen this one (we can never ever be defeated, never ever, and I REALY admire the Russian peole very much!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk9TBHXmh9g

(btw: reason i am here: this game is the greatest i ever played, the very greatest!!! My true  opinion, and I played many, very many games, still WoWS is greatest ever for me!!!, yes):cat_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BAD-A]
Players
644 posts
9,368 battles
5 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

am confused.

halp.

Better to be - apparently, as much as WG have RU bias, there are some people that (apparently) hate Russia and their people.

Newsflash OP - this is a game, the UK has done some pretty scummy things in the past and still does, as does every country.  Neither Russia's nor the UK's or USA's (etc) current actions in Syria should be commented on in a forum on a game.

And yes, OP, I'm from the UK and despite being born in the cold war era, prefer to not let past history blind me to the current and the future - try it, it's refreshing.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
7 minutes ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

Better to be - apparently, as much as WG have RU bias, there are some people that (apparently) hate Russia and their people.

Newsflash OP - this is a game, the UK has done some pretty scummy things in the past and still does, as does every country.  Neither Russia's nor the UK's or USA's (etc) current actions in Syria should be commented on in a forum on a game.

And yes, OP, I'm from the UK and despite being born in the cold war era, prefer to not let past history blind me to the current and the future - try it, it's refreshing.

pls, do not make it "political" this is not the place for doing so, pls do not. Afterall we are realy talking about a very  great game here: WoWS!!! I never ever in my life experienced such a great game as WoWS and I played very, very many games. regards, Yaskara XX:cat_bubble:

• Funny 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,173 posts
29,705 battles
1 hour ago, MadBadDave said:

That the Soviets designed the best BB, "A ship to beat Yamato", and yet not one was made or sailed

Best BB? Soyuz class would be really big but best ... I doubt. Anyway one of the reasons why not a single of them sailed could be because out of two shipyards where those ships were built, German occupied (the larger) one while the seconod was under siege for three years. And SU had more urgent things to do then build ships.

The atlantic convoys (The UK, And U.S) giving them aid, so that they did'nt get their arses kicked, being solely saved by the Glorious Seven's

Wow, you should really need to read more if you want to avoid saying such nonsense.

43 minutes ago, ScruffyNoob said:

In your opinion? Well they certainly didn't have some large naval battles as the Western Allies, not that there were any need for them, but they did a fair bit, when needed.

The Black Sea theatre suffered heavy losses from the Soviet defeat at Odessa and Sevastopol. 

And you forgot that both Odessa and Sevastopol were successfully supplied and later evacuated by Soviet Navy. And most of their ship losses were either due mines or planes ... so nothing unusual there.

This is a game based on certain historic period and not ww2 simulation. It is not their purpose to show what someone did during ww2, if you want that knowledge you should search for it elsewhere. It is just arcade and you should consider it as such. Using this game as a showcase of reality is ... well let's say a nonsense. I mean if you look tech trees someone could think that for example German surface fleet was on parity with the Royal Navy, which we all know is not a true. So take this as a game and not as some stupid contest which Navy is presented in the better way. And btw, all nations have their share of OP ships in the game, just some more then others.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
725 posts
19,593 battles
1 minute ago, fumtu said:

In your opinion? Well they certainly didn't have some large naval battles as the Western Allies, not that there were any need for them, but they did a fair bit, when needed.

please tell, I wait with ears Akimbo.

• Cool 2

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
725 posts
19,593 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

And btw, all nations have their share of OP ships in the game, just some more then others.

Have you every read the satirical  book, Animal Farm by George Orwell?  It is almost a direct quote.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
57 minutes ago, Peffers said:

who said the Dutch do not have a sense of humour. 

sense of humor, what da ya know about, we love true facts and humor we do like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL4wh1tOTUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk9TBHXmh9g

listen those, and enjoy, Yaskara XX (don't get me make full loose, hahaha)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, Bear__Necessities said:

Well also ignore that the USN lines and press have some stupidly strong ships also.

Other nations ships arent OP - they are fun to play

tenor.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[MAS-X]
Players
446 posts
11,365 battles

Politic should be not mixed in a game

But indeed, what happened in the war should not be forgotten

While Russia was under siege by germans, Birtish and Americans bombed germany, took away axis planes, aa guns and troops from the russian front Just to defend their factories, while american cargo ships provided thousands of tanks, trucks, planes, rifles, radio, food... to the russia

Not to mention that British had the enigma code, and told russia the day Hitler planned a massive attack in the area of Kursk...

They won the war? Yeah

They would have won alone? 

Don't make me laugh

• Cool 3

Players
103 posts
11,715 battles
52 minutes ago, Peffers said:

As usual totally anti Russian.  The Soviet navy had a large impact  on the great patriotic war, they took ship crews and sent them to the front as foot soldiers with bayonets behind them.

How splendid life must be without the burden of knowledge.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
23 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Every answer you'll ever need is right here.

old but gold. FT our lord Gabe.

And the RU forum version.

Players
1,090 posts

Jeesus, we're going to war over :etc_swear:ing Pixels now, I don't think I have to be Russian to play their cruisers, so that's what I'll do, of course they are good, compared to HMS Cheshire they are God Tier,... Reality went walkabout in the game ages ago with ships laid down in the late 1800's fighting CV's, No one's going to give a Sh!t about any bias real or not at WG Central anyway. Chill Folks Chill :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
725 posts
19,593 battles
29 minutes ago, RigorMortis76 said:

How splendid life must be without the burden of knowledge.

That's splendid for the less intelligent like you but please do not put it to a reply to my post without any facts to rebut.