Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
krautjaeger

Wtf is that noise?

11 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles

When in game some times you hear a rumble that turns in to a sound like a jumbo jet flew over your head and then away. Wtf is that? First I thought it was incoming shells, new sound, or something. But it's just arbitrary. Some times at the very beginning of a game, some times in the middle and so on.

[__]
Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

I had that odd sound effect when I was at the arse end of a map trying to find the carrier. I assumed it was  cannon fire but when I di a 360 with the camera I saw nothing in visual range or gun tracer

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

yes its annoying as hell! i think someone is landing shells near me all the time XD

and btw, is there any way to remove AA notification speech?? it makes me want to smash my speakers! 3 times louder than the rest of notifications and crappy speech made with some cheap Stephen Hawking voice program! i would pay real money to get rid of that...

Beta Tester
201 posts
1,920 battles

yes its annoying as hell! i think someone is landing shells near me all the time XD

and btw, is there any way to remove AA notification speech?? it makes me want to smash my speakers! 3 times louder than the rest of notifications and crappy speech made with some cheap Stephen Hawking voice program! i would pay real money to get rid of that...

Please dont give WG any ideas like this. :hiding:
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

When in game some times you hear a rumble that turns in to a sound like a jumbo jet flew over your head and then away. Wtf is that? First I thought it was incoming shells, new sound, or something. But it's just arbitrary. Some times at the very beginning of a game, some times in the middle and so on.

It is a shell travel effect. Its just bugged and playing at the wrong time. There are a few sound bugs atm since the patch changes.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles

It is a shell travel effect. Its just bugged and playing at the wrong time. There are a few sound bugs atm since the patch changes.

That makes sense. My grandfather was in a naval engagement during WWII and the little he wanted to speak about it he said the sounds would scare the living bejeebus out of people. I can only imagine, with fear.

Beta Tester
18 posts
114 battles

One of the carriers must be using load-out with Cherry Blossoms:hiding:

Edit:

Yesterday I got sound bug where the steering sounds were 300% louder than any other sounds. It was like you were standing next to a cathedral bell... 

Edited by Vilutin

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,599 battles

Yeah sounds appear to be generally somewhat bugged.

Port creaking is loud. Voice responses can be either low or very loud (only experienced on carrier). The dragged out shell flight sound. And there are a few more that I have only experienced a few times and/or aren't very intrusive.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,810 posts
5,687 battles

Settings, audio, voice notifications. 

Turned the volume on that dowm to zero, got rid of the silly notification voice over. Kept the "click" noise which is ideal

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

Settings, audio, voice notifications. 

Turned the volume on that dowm to zero, got rid of the silly notification voice over. Kept the "click" noise which is ideal

this works for now, thanks

but im still looking for a way to disable the AA guns notifications only. perhaps a mod for that?

Sign in to follow this