Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Thracen

DDs where has the love gone?

Do dds need a little help?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Do dds need a little help

• Yes, 5 radars and 1 cv per dd is a little bit difficult.
    • Nope tis fine and will not get worse at all with new ships.
    • Don't care I'm already halfway out the door.

97 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
525 posts
8,871 battles

I love dds, I think they are great. 

But 5 radar cruisers and a CV is backbreaking when they are pitted up against a single DD. Please feel free to explain why this statement is wrong below I would love to know how to make that sort of match fun again! (point 1 for reference)

Less DDs in the matchmaker is inevitable if this sort of match continues making it a self fulfilling prophecy.

This will only get worse. What is next? more radar cruisers with rail guns. Then more CVs. Then Subs. 

OK so maybe it is time to abandon the humble dd for other ships? I would agree however I always have a better game when I have a good dd in front of me, spotting ships and torps, you know doing that great naval thing of screening us ships nerds love (point 2). So I can't help but think they need rescuing from the current MM just a tiny bit maybe? (point 3)

• Cool 10

[LEWD]
Players
364 posts
23,273 battles

It's hard to play dd when a cv can take half your health in one run,this happened to me yesterday in my shima.

• Cool 6

[SM0KE]
Players
6,575 posts
15,046 battles

My feeling is that the radar is manageable, but the current CVs are not - due to the difference in time that you're spotted for (much longer with planes), at least for most DDs.

Of course, you have to play differently with lots of radar about, but it's nothing too unreasonable, at least not at the moment.

Naturally, I reserve the right to change my opinion when the Russian cruisers turn up (although my guess is that I'll just change ship choices with a particular emphasis on long-range torps)...

• Cool 14

Players
784 posts

Radar ships you can avoid and play around.

CV gets you, wanted it or not... Hide behind friendlies? Sure! You live (for awhile), but your team goes with out a spotter.

• Cool 8

[OGHF]
Players
1,302 posts
23,388 battles

just wait till the next iteration of new CV;s come along with AP rockets, that will be the DEATH of DD's I think.

• Cool 2

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

They keep driving DD players away, which means fewer DDs, which means each DD that's left has a lot more impact on the game. And then people whine about DDs being too powerful at deciding games...

• Cool 6

Players
250 posts

I have noticed less and less DD's in random matches, all because of radar

Nerf radar heavily or get rid

BB players: radar is not too bad, we can work round it, but planes are a big problem

Cruiser players; Learn to play DD, radar is not that bad NOOB!

Carrier players: We hunt DD's for fun, they have no hiding place with radar and planes spotting them, so much fun

DD players: :Smile_unsure:

:Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ATUM]
[ATUM]
Players
15 posts
17,958 battles

Remove rocketplanes. Stop the wheelchair class.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[ATUM]
Beta Tester
398 posts
5,985 battles

Radar is easy to deal with. You know the enemy radar cruisers are going to push a cap to spot you so don't suicide in to the cap; don't pop and sit in smoke. You can still spot around the radar. Anything that shoots at you when you are radared will likely give its position away as well.

CVs on the other hand are BS. Radar ships have limited windows to spot you and if it spends the game camping an island to spot you it isn't doing much else. A carrier can just keep coming for you and keep damaging you.

The enemy radar can also be counterplayed by your allied ships. What counterplays the carrier? 

• Cool 5

[BAD-A]
Players
645 posts
9,368 battles
11 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

just wait till the next iteration of new CV;s come along with AP rockets, that will be the DEATH of DD's I think.

cruisers won't appreciate AP rockets either

• Cool 1

[-QQ-]
Players
99 posts
5,775 battles
5 hours ago, Mahaaret said:

I have noticed less and less DD's in random matches, all because of radar

That is not true. Less then 4 DD per team matches are rare, especially on higher tiers.  Destroyers are fine, some of them are strong or even overpowered, now they get undodgeble lances of death that can easily catch by surprise most of bigger cruisers, so the weakest class in the game.

Players
250 posts
9 minutes ago, Kejoz said:

That is not true. Less then 4 DD per team matches are rare, especially on higher tiers.  Destroyers are fine, some of them are strong or even overpowered, now they get undodgeble lances of death that can easily catch by surprise most of bigger cruisers, so the weakest class in the game.

I am seeing more and more matches with no DD's

• Cool 2

Players
250 posts
2 hours ago, thestaggy said:

Radar is easy to deal with. You know the enemy radar cruisers are going to push a cap to spot you so don't suicide in to the cap; don't pop and sit in smoke. You can still spot around the radar. Anything that shoots at you when you are radared will likely give its position away as well.

CVs on the other hand are BS. Radar ships have limited windows to spot you and if it spends the game camping an island to spot you it isn't doing much else. A carrier can just keep coming for you and keep damaging you.

The enemy radar can also be counterplayed by your allied ships. What counterplays the carrier? 

How can you say that when you rarely play DD's, Your main ships are BB's and Cruisers

Players
776 posts
10,998 battles
8 minutes ago, Mahaaret said:

How can you say that when you rarely play DD's, Your main ships are BB's and Cruisers

He's got a point, your highest tier DD is a 7.... and only one of those, and only one tier 6.... so you're not exactly up against radar etc a lot.

• Cool 1

Players
374 posts
11,960 battles

cvs are the issue in my opinion, as mentioned above, radars are fine to play around. 

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,574 battles
8 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

cvs are the issue in my opinion, as mentioned above, radars are fine to play around. 

really ? end results shows who had better team, you want basically that dd will be overpowered

Players
374 posts
11,960 battles
1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

really ? end results shows who had better team, you want basically that dd will be overpowered

eh excuse me? I didn't say that I want dds OP. DDs were not OP when cvs were rare in RTS.... care to explain your logic comrade?

[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,574 battles
5 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

eh excuse me? I didn't say that I want dds OP. DDs were not OP when cvs were rare in RTS.... care to explain your logic comrade?

let me tell this then other way, dd is battleship nightmare, dd can hunt him with torpedoes and battleship cant todo nothing, because off detection range

• Boring 1

Players
374 posts
11,960 battles
4 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

let me tell this then other way, dd is battleship nightmare, dd can hunt him with torpedoes and battleship cant todo nothing, because off detection range

yeah but this game isn't a 1 vs 1, you have counter measures. You can dodge torps, you have cruisers to screen you, use radar, other dds for the dds to fight. Not to mention some bbs have hydro. DD pop nower days is very low, you will find 1 or 2 dds per team. If a dd is just spending their team hunting down a single bb they are throwing the game.

if your struggling so much playing bbs, don't play them solo,  or don't play them at all :Smile_trollface:

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts

@OP The MM is overdue for fixed ship type slots (similar to CB) but then the BBs would need to be 2 or 3 per team max and that wouldnt sit well with the marketing department...

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,574 battles
1 hour ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

you may like this video, i found that today, look at time 1.11

• Funny 1