You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
matia251

Chill with the ban time please

37 comments in this topic

[GATOI]
Players
61 posts
29,099 battles

I got banned today for 25 days, till 18/5, its a repeated violation so i guess every time the amount of time is increased. But 25 days? What is this? A disciplinary action that gets initiated mostly from the same clueless players that destroy the game?

And what am i supposed to do when everyday my intelligence is insulted constantly for having to spend gaming time with an overwhelming amount of new, inexperienced players with T10's that DESTROY the essence of gameplay? How am i protected from this abomination of game play that is developing steadily for the last months? How can all we that have invested so much time in this game steam off from the constant "raping" of the essence of this game which we love and supported for so long?

Do everyone at WG expects that thousands of players will just SHUT UP and bend their head while the game WE helped evolve is getting constantly reduced to a mindless sailing arcade simulator? Why dont you WG do something do address this situation? If you cant do something then at least remove the ability of a new player to be able to report someone who has 25000 battles more than him. I m insulted daily and nothing is done, i object and "scream" my objection by using the chat and then i get SHUT UP..just great guys..fkin great..

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
7,920 posts
40,415 battles

My clanmate was banned for 4 weeks on February, now he got a 5 week one. Yes, 38 days of ban. I was chatbanned a lot over 2019 - I had 3-4 one day bans sometimes 3 day ones (played CVs much) these days I'm not playing CVs so much so I don't get reported for nothing and getting into fights in chat about CVs. I was chatbanned the last time in January this year. 3 months no ban! Free days ago I had a battle and some guy reversed in a DD in the 1st seconds of the battle cause too many radars for him - I told him what I think about him. I got 10 day ban.... Seriously... I had never such long one. These long bans are a new thing to me. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
3,040 posts

I was in the same boat in de summer. Almost a month ban, very frustrated, my WR took a huge dive as I couldn't even perform from a point on, stopped playing for a couple of months and returned due to Corona mostly. This time I just point a couple of objectives at start and then I try to do what I can to have a good and fun game without bothering with teamates. I just play as if they are not there or moreover they play for the reds. I completely ignore them and use their movement as shield or decoys for my moves. Does it brings wins? not really. Not all the time. More than the summer for sure but at least now I have a good enough time. Is it satisfactory? no. But there is nothing to be done. I loved operations, specially Newport and it's gone now. I never feared randoms but now I can barely play a couple before I vomit. I have felt a burning sensation in my stomach after a win and a greater one after  I had a great game and lost. I don't blame the players. I was clueless, probably still am on stuff, but I was one dude amidst other competent dudes so I could kinda learn a bit. Now, most probably are getting slowly worst each game.

Still game is good enough to have. I love ships. That ain't gonna change :)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
29,732 posts
15,317 battles
2 hours ago, matia251 said:

I got banned today for 25 days, till 18/5, its a repeated violation so i guess every time the amount of time is increased. But 25 days? What is this? A disciplinary action that gets initiated mostly from the same clueless players that destroy the game?

And what am i supposed to do when everyday my intelligence is insulted constantly for having to spend gaming time with an overwhelming amount of new, inexperienced players with T10's that DESTROY the essence of gameplay?

Easy. Keep your thoughts to yourself or learn to express them civilized.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Players
498 posts
4,694 battles
13 hours ago, matia251 said:

And what am i supposed to do when everyday my intelligence is insulted constantly for having to spend gaming time with an overwhelming amount of new, inexperienced players with T10's that DESTROY the essence of gameplay? How am i protected from this abomination of game play that is developing steadily for the last months? How can all we that have invested so much time in this game steam off from the constant "raping" of the essence of this game which we love and supported for so long?

Do everyone at WG expects that thousands of players will just SHUT UP and bend their head while the game WE helped evolve is getting constantly reduced to a mindless sailing arcade simulator? Why dont you WG do something do address this situation? If you cant do something then at least remove the ability of a new player to be able to report someone who has 25000 battles more than him. I m insulted daily and nothing is done, i object and "scream" my objection by using the chat and then i get SHUT UP..just great guys..fkin great..

5 days ban, [edited]. The sheer amount of [edited] combined in one battle got me..(ofc all playing in my team) 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

See signature..

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

Makes me sad seeing WG folding to the snowflakes. If they can't handle criticism for playing like a "special person" they should of play my little pony. Honestly crap talking has been part of gaming forever. The fact people are getting huge bans because some snowflake spammed report is beyond sad. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
314 posts
15,564 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

But thats the thing, no body checking what you are saying. You can be as you said ^^civilized^^ and just tell them ^^pls guys defend cap beacuse i cant def it alone and we are gona lose if you camp at border^^ and bam 5 raport from border campers and you are baned for a month. Is it fair? Is it ok? Who will forbid them to raport whatever they want?

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,732 posts
15,317 battles
25 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

But thats the thing, no body checking what you are saying. You can be as you said ^^civilized^^ and just tell them ^^pls guys defend cap beacuse i cant def it alone and we are gona lose if you camp at border^^ and bam 5 raport from border campers and you are baned for a month. 

Does not happen. I use chat in 80%+ of my battles. I was not banned once. If it was easy as you say, I would have been banned dozens of times

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Players
314 posts
15,564 battles

It does happen a lot but i cant argue with you since you have more time then me and enjoy forum more then me.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,418 battles
Vor 36 Minuten, Yamato942 sagte:

But thats the thing, no body checking what you are saying. You can be as you said ^^civilized^^ and just tell them ^^pls guys defend cap beacuse i cant def it alone and we are gona lose if you camp at border^^ and bam 5 raport from border campers and you are baned for a month. Is it fair? Is it ok? Who will forbid them to raport whatever they want?

longer bans are handed out by humans

if you got a 1 month ban, it's because you said something that falls under "misbehaviour in chat"

if you disagree with your ban you can always ping the staff and get a chat log

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,104 posts

Well Folks I would be the first to admit to not being a good player by any stretch of the imagination yet in the Uk I passsed an IQ test for a group called Mensa, and was Electronics engineer so not sure how that work's, But I will say If you swear and/or  harass  some one in game who may not be an A Hole but  just trying to learn then you deserve what you get because I've come across players who think they are Gods gift to the game that are the most obnoxious individuals with mediocre win rates that you could find anywhere and yet I have spoken to some really great Players with top win rates that will help those who want to learn, The whole of Europe is going through a Sh!t Storm and someone's bleating for a swearing ban, well that's how the game is at the moment So Suck it up Buttercups, and Ban me for That

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
314 posts
15,564 battles
9 hours ago, MagicMooby said:

longer bans are handed out by humans

if you got a 1 month ban, it's because you said something that falls under "misbehaviour in chat"

if you disagree with your ban you can always ping the staff and get a chat log

Not sure about that ^^handed out by humans^^ since i was 10 day chat baned beacuse i love as you said ^^misbehaviour in chat^^ i dont denied it. But i dont look on it like others. If somebody at tier10 in his Moskva go broadside infront Kremlin at 6km range thats [edited] and i dont see it as insult if its true. its not insult if its true. And if somebody play this game and got tier10 and still he sail broadside to bbs you want tell me thats he is complety fine and ok? He is very smart and good player? Its not insult if  you say to bad player that he is bad player beacuse thats can be measured. Somebody who have 40%wr is objectivly bad player, thats true. But anyways lets back to that my 10 day ban, when its expired i finally use my chat to yet again say to whole team who is on A1 cornered since first min of battle thats this is [edited] team and that was [edited] team as a fact. Then i was again chat baned now for 14 days. The thing is that new ban arrives maybe 5min after first ban is lifted on me. So you tell me that human already solve my case in 5min? He is that fast?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,585 posts
12,606 battles

if you say people this and people that in game chat, you certainly deserve the ban, because when you tell someone crap then you act as god

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
4,594 posts
19,274 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

they don't deserve any civilized way of communication most of them have no clue of what they are doing and are unwilling to improve over tens of thousands of battles, they simply do not deserve any form of respect for being as dense as they are.

being chatbanned has actually improved my gameplay so I request a chatban for life WG.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
1,104 posts
3 minutes ago, Kaseko said:

I request a chatban for life WG.

Sounds like a plan to me :Smile_trollface:

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Sometimes I wonder.

I'm here for 3 years or so.

Never got one of those.

8 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

dont see it as insult if its true

No, it's just rude.

if  you say to bad player that he is bad player beacuse thats can be measured.

It all depends how you say.

Somebody who have 40%wr is objectivly bad player,

No, objectively can lead you into a mistake, never overlook an adversary because the stats don't tell you the all story.

use my chat to yet again say to whole team who is on A1 cornered since first min of battle thats this is [edited] team and that was [edited]  team as a fact

You know what?

I gave up doing that.

Because if they are doing that it's for a reason, dragging whoever is in a corner/lemming train/etc to do something will be counter productive because, most likely he don't know how to/where to go/etc. and he will suicide at the first change he will have. because he's way out of his comfort zone.

It's apparent when it happens, so I leave them alone.

Perhaps some day....

• Cool 4

[P7S]
Players
208 posts
50 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

No, objectively can lead you into a mistake, never overlook an adversary because the stats don't tell you the all story.

Finally, a voice of reason. That 42% after 5k battles is just bad luck, or because of going breakfast in the middle of the game. Nothing related to skill, as every 42%er knows that stats are meaningless.

Oh, and by the way, WG is making prem consumables free, with direct aim to help those who get back from breakfast.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NECRO]
Players
2,431 posts

A chatban gives you time to concentrate on the game instead of wasting precious seconds to type stuff nobody reads/understands/obeyes. If you would get banned from playing... but it hardly is in WG's interest to shift the player/bot ratio even more.

• Funny 1

Players
1,946 posts
12,338 battles

Just got a 3-week chat ban, few days after a 2 week chat ban expired. Apparently everything is okay, team killing, throwing games on purpose, and so on. This is perfectly fine by WG, but if i call a game thrower an 'idiot' they report me and it's me who get punished because they suck at the game and just made 11 team mates waste their time and money. Same as playing high tier important classes and then don't even know the very basics and make the team lose because of this. Everything is fine as long as you as player shut the [edited]up and just throw money at the game.

I could understand long time chat bans like this if i'd wish someone to get cancer and aid at the same time and his entire family dies in a fire. But 3 weeks for calling [edited] actually [edited] is way WAY exaggerated, especially in the heat of a battle which is usually gone right after the match. But then again, it's WG, they cater to the [edited], the potatoes and trash players because they bring in the bucks. I just stopped spending any money at all on the game (this is for 3 persons, as my son and wife play as well and used to have premium time and quite a few premium ships) and they can stick their chat bans where the sun don't shine. They should get their chat policies right and start to force players to learn the damn game bsics, then there would be much less chat bans necessary.

Fun fact. Banning someone for calling others an [edited], because the terms [edited] are actually medical terms that were used until the mid 1950's in psychology to describe the mental state of patients.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
713 posts
2,102 battles

Warships is a PEGI 7 game, which means the language in chat must be suitable for 7 year olds to see.

It's that simple.

Some of us are current or former military and our vocabulary can at times consist solely of 'bad language', but what is acceptable with your mates is not acceptable in a public chat which has to be suitable for 7 year olds.

Don't type what you think about a player; make sure your mike is off and yell at the screen.....:cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,249 posts
23,343 battles
11 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Free days ago I had a battle and some guy reversed in a DD in the 1st seconds of the battle cause too many radars for him - I told him what I think about him. I got 10 day ban

Toxic gameplay is OK apparently, toxic chat will be punished immediately.

These people are a big part of this community and this part will grow with time. If you cannot accept that it would be best to look for another game. (Not directed at you, a more general 'you'.) Or shout at your screen instead of typing. Or ignore their 'Plan? - All go C!' Or turn chat off entirely. Do whatever you need to do to keep your sanity.

All you have to do to not be banned is act like an adult person.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
4 hours ago, Vbeest said:

Finally, a voice of reason. That 42% after 5k battles is just bad luck, or because of going breakfast in the middle of the game. Nothing related to skill, as every 42%er knows that stats are meaningless.

Oh, and by the way, WG is making prem consumables free, with direct aim to help those who get back from breakfast.

No, just a word of caution.

if you look to a player and he has 5k battles then the average numbers will take a while going up, but said player could be already better than his 42% say it is.

There are players that completely transformed from one thing to another and for that he only needs a couple of thousand battles more for the numbers to finally show that and in which extent.

So, you may think you are facing a 42% player but in reality he could be stronger and more unpredictable than that. A wolf in a sheep skin

Better seeing which ship that 42% player is stronger and analyse how his stats are instead of relying in the overall stats that may be fallible. 

Seeing the speed of his improvement is, also helps.

But they are thousands of players out there so... yes, stats can be meaningless 

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,160 posts
13,811 battles
9 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

Not sure about that ^^handed out by humans^^ since i was 10 day chat baned beacuse i love as you said ^^misbehaviour in chat^^ i dont denied it. But i dont look on it like others. If somebody at tier10 in his Moskva go broadside infront Kremlin at 6km range thats [edited] and i dont see it as insult if its true. its not insult if its true. And if somebody play this game and got tier10 and still he sail broadside to bbs you want tell me thats he is complety fine and ok? He is very smart and good player? Its not insult if  you say to bad player that he is bad player beacuse thats can be measured. Somebody who have 40%wr is objectivly bad player, thats true. But anyways lets back to that my 10 day ban, when its expired i finally use my chat to yet again say to whole team who is on A1 cornered since first min of battle thats this is [edited] team and that was [edited] team as a fact. Then i was again chat baned now for 14 days. The thing is that new ban arrives maybe 5min after first ban is lifted on me. So you tell me that human already solve my case in 5min? He is that fast?

I sympathize with your frustration, but you have to learn to button it up. If you were playing a board game in a room with them you would not allow yourself to go mental, so don't do it in chat.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1