Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

Idea for more balanced teams - yay or nay?

22 comments in this topic

Players
1,017 posts
3,512 battles

ok, so heres the idea for more balanced teams:  form teams so that the maximum and minimum as well as the average of each team's captains' skill points is as equal as possible.

yay or nay?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles

It probably wont do very much. A player that doesnt understand positioning will be bad even if they have a 19pt captain

A player that understands positioning will do fine even with a 0pt captain

• Cool 3

Players
1,017 posts
3,512 battles
21 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

It probably wont do very much. A player that doesnt understand positioning will be bad even if they have a 19pt captain

A player that understands positioning will do fine even with a 0pt captain

it's worth a try I think.

it will certainly reduce the winrate gap between players that are competent but have poor captains, i.e. also new players, and sealclubbers.

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,249 posts
23,343 battles

So, in your opinion a survivability expert, secondary spec Yamato should be matched with a full survivability Yamato and that would be more balanced somehow? Also, guys with lots of 19-pointers could just make a bunch of 10-pointers from elite xp and game the system.

Random will always stay random. If you don't like unbalanced games join a clan with players of your skill level and play CBs.

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
2 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

ok, so heres the idea for more balanced teams:  form teams so that the maximum and minimum as well as the average of each team's captains' skill points is as equal as possible.

yay or nay?

No sorry I love the current state of play, losing ten in a row one day and winning 10 the next is so unexpected and a joy when life’s so dreary.  😉

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
29,732 posts
15,317 battles
2 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

yay or nay?

nay

These points are not a big factor. Your proposed three new parameters, MM will search itself silly.

Players
2,997 posts
4 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

yay or nay?

Flambass stated in a direct at Twitch a couple of days ago that they (CCs) proposed several times to WG to implement an ELO biased MM. The answer always was NOPE, so don't expect this trash of a MM to improve.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,446 posts
19,038 battles

I played a match in my Campbeltown this week just to hear what "Bad advice Cap" sounded like. Zero points on the cap, no flags, no premium cons.. Top of the team on BXP.

Potatoes will potate.

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,090 battles

form teams so that the maximum and minimum as well as the average of each team's captains' skill points is as equal as possible.

Wtf captain skill points have to do with player skill?
No.

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
3 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

So, in your opinion a survivability expert, secondary spec Yamato should be matched with a full survivability Yamato and that would be more balanced somehow?

But how can you have a full survivability Yamato without survivability expert? :Smile_amazed:

1 hour ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Flambass stated in a direct at Twitch a couple of days ago that they (CCs) proposed several times to WG to implement an ELO biased MM. The answer always was NOPE, so don't expect this trash of a MM to improve.

ELO biased? Is that some kind of ranking system?

Players
7,243 posts
11,668 battles
13 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

ELO biased? Is that some kind of ranking system?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Its great for 1x1 environments (thats why chess is using it) and 1x1 leagues/ladders based on continous points, but not for a random teamgame. If its true, that Flambass is arguing for that in random matches then he doesnt really know what the outcome of that would be, to be blunt.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
6,123 posts

Somewhat hard to implement I think.

The merits of 'skill based' MM have been pretty much shot down in WoT every step of the way by people who think it will contribute to dumbing down the game, as far as I gathered. I don't necessarily agree, but trying to implement could still lead to problems because, speaking from personal experience, I think my ability to contribute also depends very much on which ship I am currently on and the map itself.

That leads me to suspect, that the ability to 'like' and 'dislike' certain maps would lead to better results.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,053 posts
9,365 battles
11 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

yay or nay?

Not sure why some people here get so aggressive on your Idea.

But while I disagree that Captain Skills are unrelated to player skill. (Because while of course a 19 point Captn wont be a good Player by default. The chance of it being an Experienced Player is way higher than on a 0 pt Captain)

I still disagree with your Suggestion.

Funny enough. I disagree exactly because a 0 Point Captain is more often a Potato and a 19 Point Captain is more often a Vet Player.

Your Suggestion would be way too easy to abuse.

Because Good Players could Div up using 0 Points which would then cause the MM to stack the deck in their Favor as the Enemy Team will receive several low Point Players while their own Team will be thrown some high Point Players to reach the same Score.

• Cool 1

Players
1,017 posts
3,512 battles
9 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

nay

These points are not a big factor. Your proposed three new parameters, MM will search itself silly.

no...

same 24 players are selected, but permutations are made to balance skill points as well as possible

[AGRES]
Players
183 posts
13,771 battles

stop this""!!!!!

the balanced theme is only for the poorest players!!

i will not wait 10min for yours f..ing balanced battle!!!!

pls WG...do important evolutions in-game..not this poor captains criees!!

[CATS]
Players
29,732 posts
15,317 battles

no...

same 24 players are selected, but permutations are made to balance skill points as well as possible

Then it would have even less effect, since the other MM restrictions apply. The change would be cosmetic in nature.

[I-J-N]
Players
6,123 posts
6 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Not sure why some people here get so aggressive on your Idea.

But while I disagree that Captain Skills are unrelated to player skill. (Because while of course a 19 point Captn wont be a good Player by default. The chance of it being an Experienced Player is way higher than on a 0 pt Captain)

I still disagree with your Suggestion.

Funny enough. I disagree exactly because a 0 Point Captain is more often a Potato and a 19 Point Captain is more often a Vet Player.

Your Suggestion would be way too easy to abuse.

Because Good Players could Div up using 0 Points which would then cause the MM to stack the deck in their Favor as the Enemy Team will receive several low Point Players while their own Team will be thrown some high Point Players to reach the same Score.

Funny thing about 0 pt captains, I sometimes do much better with those onboard... go figure. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Since captain skills dont really matter on a lot of ships, the good players would just run 1 skill point captains and trash everyone else.

• Funny 1

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles
21 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

yay or nay?

Nay

Players
33 posts
623/5000

Hello everyone, I think that indeed the developers of WOWS must do something to make the games more balanced, because an unbalanced game generates annoyance and bad atmosphere. While balanced games are more interesting and thrilling.

I therefore suggest to our dear developers to make a selection of players according to the tier of the ship and the percentage of wins of the players.

This could make the game more interesting and less unbalanced, because after having largely lost 6 games in a row. I really like this game but, I am wondering if I will not uninstall this game ...

20200504020819_1.jpg

20200504014726_1.jpg

20200504012221_1.jpg

20200503202343_1.jpg

20200503194936_1.jpg

20200429015340_1.jpg

Beta Tester
190 posts

Nothing will ever change with this terrible MM.

Today I had 4 losses in a row.

First team went full lemming on the right side of the map, left the entire left flank open, flanked and murdered, even with a massive ship advantage, it was me and 2 others that pushed up, the rest sat at max shooting range and sailed in circles.

Second team went down the middle of the map for some reason. All of them.

Third team, no one on the right flank but me and the CV, 6 minutes in the game, 2 ships are dead on our team, all our cruisers are in our cap circle, the battleships are trying to hold the flanks only to be overwhelmed by numbers and guns.

Fourth team, start of the game, a DD torps another DD, he explodes, turns pink, allied cruiser kills the pink DD, we only had 2 DDs on the team. Battleships sit at the back of the map, try to push with some cruisers helping me, doesn't work, not enough firepower on our side, if only the battleships were to push up with us...

Yup, good matchmaker. After the 4th game I just called it a day and I'll play on monday or tuesday when all these weekend gorillas go back to whatever it is they do.

Sign in to follow this