Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

RESULTS - Anzac Day Approaches

37 comments in this topic

Players
1,092 posts

Respect to the Australian and New Zealand Forces in both wars, As my Grandad used to say "You don't :etc_swear: with those Lads

Do I think I'll get a Perth Nooo :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

Players
1,031 posts
4 hours ago, britinmadrid said:

" … a chance to win … ".

Uh huh.

A fat chance is still a chance. At least the mission is easy :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

Players
13 posts
13,508 battles

The odds of earning HMAS Perth are 500 to 1 if they reach 3000 participants and they go even lower to reach 2000 to 1 when 30 000 players complete the missions. Compared to that, the odds of earning a premium ship during flamu's giveaway stream were a lot higher and the ships themselves a lot more interesting. When I do appreciate WG willing to remember Anzac Day I don't really approve the gambling methods they use in order for the players to sink a huge amount of their time into the game.

• Cool 7

[EJDER]
Players
446 posts
24,864 battles

“Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives … you are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side in this country of ours. You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries, wipe away your tears. Your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.”

Atatürk, 1934 

• Cool 7

Players
542 posts
17,282 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Admiral3_battlefield sagte:

The odds of earning HMAS Perth are 500 to 1 if they reach 3000 participants and they go even lower to reach 2000 to 1 when 30 000 players complete the missions. Compared to that, the odds of earning a premium ship during flamu's giveaway stream were a lot higher and the ships themselves a lot more interesting. When I do appreciate WG willing to remember Anzac Day I don't really approve the gambling methods they use in order for the players to sink a huge amount of their time into the game.

The odds of winning Perth are not strictly dependent on the number of participants.

• Bad 1

Players
10 posts
14,543 battles

As a former member of the ADF I feel uncomfortable about ANZAC Day being "commemorated" by WG for essentially commercial purposes.  Even as an Australian I find it irritating that the Australian "Slouch Hat" is shown without the NZ "Lemon Squeezer" alongside it.

Having said that, I'm not going to hold it against anyone taking part.  

It's probably a pipe dream but it would be nice to see the Commonwealth line with some RNZN ships added eg HMNZS Royalist or changing HMS Leander to HMNZS Leander.   It would also be nice to see the USS Houston added to complement HMAS Perth. 

• Cool 7

Players
1,031 posts
3 hours ago, Sandgroper13 said:

As a former member of the ADF I feel uncomfortable about ANZAC Day being "commemorated" by WG for essentially commercial purposes.  Even as an Australian I find it irritating that the Australian "Slouch Hat" is shown without the NZ "Lemon Squeezer" alongside it.

Having said that, I'm not going to hold it against anyone taking part.  

It's probably a pipe dream but it would be nice to see the Commonwealth line with some RNZN ships added eg HMNZS Royalist or changing HMS Leander to HMNZS Leander.   It would also be nice to see the USS Houston added to complement HMAS Perth. 

It wouldn't be hard to add Leander to the Commonwealth tree and rename the current Leander as HMS Ajax (for one), I suppose.

Would even be nice to have a proper ABDAC collection: we have Perth and Exeter already; would need Java, De Ruyter and Houston added of course; and a modified Clemson as well as an Admiralen-class destroyer and either mod. Jervis and/or an E-class. Then of course a non-ARP version of Nachi and/or Haguro, a Sendai-class light cruiser and mods of a Shiratsuyu, Asashio, Kagero and Fubuki, to cover the lot.

• Cool 3

Players
1,092 posts
1 hour ago, NobleSauvage said:

It wouldn't be hard to add Leander to the Commonwealth tree and rename the current Leander as HMS Ajax (for one), I suppose

I would like o see that but as you say it would not be hard but even then it would still require a little effort, Perth was one of the modified Leanders with the vital/citadel area's  moved apart so as not to be as vulnerable WG just lumped them together to make a bigger target :Smile_facepalm:

I know HMS Ajax Cammo exists in the game and that would reduce the effort even more, but again effort still required Ce'st la Vie

• Cool 1

[PFFB]
Players
18 posts
24,234 battles

missing dasha hope everyting well with her and all off the players hope soon be back in the game but corona virus closed shops my new gaming laptop is there but think end mai back if everyting goes well keep healty and safe all grtz vengeance69 till soon

[PFFB]
Players
18 posts
24,234 battles

and why i can react on this topic is wows have to hy graficks i log in but black screen so my hp paviljon laptop to weak wot works well but miss wows TILL SOON i hope good luck and good battles 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,959 posts
22,030 battles
34 minutes ago, TCG_ATILGAN said:

With all due respect austuralian and new zeland people, anzacs not the only people fought in gallipoli

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think the Turkish people see the Gallipolli campaign as a turning point in their national identity.

This celebration is not trying to deny that Turkish soldiers and seamen died there. It's just much more important to the people of Australia  and New Zealand.

• Cool 3

Players
1,031 posts
17 hours ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Big thumbs up from me for making these missions register Clan Battle progress. Hope to see more movement in this direction.

Sadly still no recognition for Ops though...

• Cool 2

[-MCD-]
Players
68 posts
10,541 battles
23 hours ago, NobleSauvage said:

Sadly still no recognition for Ops though...

If Ops would count it would be TOO easy.:cap_rambo:

Players
1,031 posts
1 hour ago, TWNWA said:

If Ops would count it would be TOO easy.:cap_rambo:

You think so? Try getting 5 wins in Ops versus the same in Co-op, see how long that takes :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
584 posts
3,805 battles

God it's so annoying that these events are not just simply implemented straight into the game with automatic participation without each person having to go here to discover this event and then click "participate". Why WOULD'T anyone want to participate? It's free stuff at the end of the day. 

In WoT do I/other players have to go to announcements all the time or some garage pop-up etc and click participate on every event, mission and marathon? No, not a single one and the only way to not participate in things is that it is either offered as a separate game mode like ranked battles or fronline etc or by actually not playing the game at all during that period. "Click here to participate" it's so dumb honestly. 

• Cool 2

[-MCD-]
Players
68 posts
10,541 battles
On 4/27/2020 at 1:02 PM, NobleSauvage said:

You think so?

If would count JUST Ops you're right. I was talking about sinking ships and damage. Cheers! :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,750 posts
17,984 battles
On 4/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Complete a chain of combat missions for a chance to win Perth.

Read it on the portal

Umm, not that I'm remotely likely to win Perth, but... any word on when actually the drawing takes place (and the results are published)?

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
15,255 battles
5 hours ago, Subcommander_M1K3 said:

When will we get the results of this Anzac Day event?

LOLZ!!! Apparently, they  can't really bother(ed). Also If you don't have the ship in the port... then just like me, you didn't win.....

[WG]
WG Staff
5,664 posts
4,464 battles
21 hours ago, Subcommander_M1K3 said:

When will we get the results of this Anzac Day event?

15 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

LOLZ!!! Apparently, they  can't really bother(ed). Also If you don't have the ship in the port... then just like me, you didn't win.....

Results were published yesterday evening