Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ReapingKnight

Border Surfers

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
183 posts
7,733 battles

Hello Forum Warriors!

 

Recently I have been seeing more people using the border to surf away from danger as it's still harder to gauge shots on them compared to normal.

 

As a clan we even encountered this in CW where they had two ships on the same flank doing it...which delayed my team enough for them to secure a win, this was infuriating as even mentioning it to them made them laugh and say it was a "feature"...

 

In randoms I can understand people going on it by mistake but in CWs no...that is deliberate and planned. Does WG have any plans to make the border more of a disadvantage for CWs and potentially randoms?

 

Has anyone else been encountering this, and what do you think? Is the border punishment too much already or not enough?

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,640 posts
15,312 battles

No, they have no plans.

Plan your tactic accordingly.

 

Ships at the border are either of no consequence or easily sunk, since they cannot get away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

As crap as that is. once you miss the first shot and re-adjust to their new speed you shouldn't miss anymore than you normal would. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOCAP]
Privateer
5,833 posts
13,224 battles

Border glitching is an old topic and was abused excessivly at the early years ( 2015/ 2016), but has been nerfed by introducing the speed reduction. Tbh i don't have that much problems with border glitching anymore, once you get to know the movement pattern  you will easily hit since they can only go sideways which makes dodging very hard. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,688 posts
11,390 battles
36 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

Border glitching is an old topic and was abused excessivly at the early years ( 2015/ 2016), but has been nerfed by introducing the speed reduction. Tbh i don't have that much problems with border glitching anymore, once you get to know the movement pattern  you will easily hit since they can only go sideways which makes dodging very hard. 

I feel that its harder to hit them though. Alot of them usually slide along the border in an angled vertical position, which minimizes their profile (as oppose to a horizontal broadside position). Those that don't abuse the border will usually make a turn away from the border after hitting it. Those that do abuse will just slide along, shoot, angle and continue sliding away, making it pretty difficult to land a good salvo on them that you would expect. I'm not saying no shots will land, but very minimal every salvo, given how unnatural the speed reduction and angled gliding is. IMO WG should make guns jam immediately when a ship is on the border, just like how they're able to make the speed reduction. The no one will really abuse the border any more. Even if they still do they can't really affect the game meaningfully. Heck I've seen a Stalingard do that while burning down a BB.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,996 posts

Someone using the border should start losing HP slowly in first term, as when you colide with a teammate. If you leave it fast, you won't lose many HP. If you stay there longer, you will lose HP faster and faster. So easy to fix, but it seems WG is not interested in.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
10,906 battles
1 hour ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Someone using the border should start losing HP slowly in first term, as when you colide with a teammate. If you leave it fast, you won't lose many HP. If you stay there longer, you will lose HP faster and faster. So easy to fix, but it seems WG is not interested in.

That's a simple and neat solution, easily incorporated and of no disadvantage to those who avoid the borders at all costs. Who could complain about it?  Why wouldn't WG incorporate that?  What would be the disadvantage to them? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,640 posts
15,312 battles
5 minutes ago, Tatsfield said:

That's a simple and neat solution, easily incorporated and of no disadvantage to those who avoid the borders at all costs. Who could complain about it?  Why wouldn't WG incorporate that?  What would be the disadvantage to them? 

Because the WoWs forums would explode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,995 posts
14,092 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Because the WoWs forums would explode...


Accidental collision, I send my team mate into the border, boom boom. Laughs aplenty.

 

Or, wait for it, my team mate sends me into the border, boom boom, not so funny aye? And accidental collision my foot!

 

Oh I can already taste the rage on the daily threads on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,435 posts
14,139 battles

As soon as I hit the border I try and bounce off. If you don’t get off fast I’m a battleship you become very vulnerable when you slow down and it takes forever to get off it.

 

I really don’t see it as a great advantage as you can see exactly the plane of movement they are moving in.

Once you get used to it, shooting border jumpers is fairly easy.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
738 posts
13,109 battles

The idea of jamming the guns I like actually.

 

I encountered another issue, I was backing away from enemies and hit the border, and then it took me ages to actually move.

It does not reduce your speed, it reduces your engine power, so changing from full reverse into full forward when stuck on it took me ages.

That was obviously my mistake and it should be punished a bit more as I was able to shoot back and had good position actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
5 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

As soon as I hit the border I try and bounce off. If you don’t get off fast I’m a battleship you become very vulnerable when you slow down and it takes forever to get off it.

 

I really don’t see it as a great advantage as you can see exactly the plane of movement they are moving in.

Once you get used to it, shooting border jumpers is fairly easy.

I find that the biggest problem with hitting border surfers is that the game's auto aim doesn't quite know how to deal with it. So it's a bit off sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
183 posts
7,733 battles

I see a few mention to aim then adjust accordingly which is all well and good, but then they do the same and turn in and turn out whilst changing their throttle.

 

It's just a huge annoyance which people in CWs used to an advantage, it would be easier just to treat the border like landmass, crash into it stop...etc but I have no doubt people would complain about how realistic that is...and flying bats for planes is totally accecptable...

 

Edit: I have seen people on it that as soon as come off even if it results in them taking hits, but that's kinda how it should be...they can't have maps that just go on and on forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,996 posts
5 hours ago, Tatsfield said:

That's a simple and neat solution, easily incorporated and of no disadvantage to those who avoid the borders at all costs. Who could complain about it?  Why wouldn't WG incorporate that?  What would be the disadvantage to them? 

 

Interested only in money. Lazy bones for the rest.

 

5 hours ago, Taliesn said:


Accidental collision, I send my team mate into the border, boom boom. Laughs aplenty.

 

Or, wait for it, my team mate sends me into the border, boom boom, not so funny aye? And accidental collision my foot!

 

Oh I can already taste the rage on the daily threads on it!

 

Even the cows and the horses learn not to get close to the electric fences. Human beings not, I supose :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEWD]
Players
364 posts
23,273 battles

Had one today in a halland,thought he was safe till one of my shima torps got him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
776 posts
10,998 battles
6 minutes ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Even the cows and the horses learn not to get close to the electric fences. Human beings not, I supose 

Well, Cows and Horses get a shock....

In WoWs you can border slide in either direction whilst maintaining angling and still shooting... which isn't much of a shock...in fact, it isn't one at all.

"Reduced engine power" is kinda pointless when the purpose of the border slider is to stay on the border and keep sliding - they literally don't want to come off the border, so the "penalty" isn't one.

Watching people slide left and right to maintain angles and carry on shooting.... so, so, so scummy.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Border humpers are effectively out of the game, unless the offenders team is so far ahead on points that only a kill will secure the win.

 

I hate the border why can’t they just make the edges like an island, that said if I’m near the border and under pressure I will make use of it, tbh if your’e on the border your team’s either doing very badly or you are (usually running away).

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,996 posts
17 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Well, Cows and Horses get a shock....

In WoWs you can border slide in either direction whilst maintaining angling and still shooting... which isn't much of a shock...in fact, it isn't one at all.

"Reduced engine power" is kinda pointless when the purpose of the border slider is to stay on the border and keep sliding - they literally don't want to come off the border, so the "penalty" isn't one.

Watching people slide left and right to maintain angles and carry on shooting.... so, so, so scummy.

 

That's why I proposed this

 

7 hours ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Someone using the border should start losing HP slowly in first term, as when you colide with a teammate. If you leave it fast, you won't lose many HP. If you stay there longer, you will lose HP faster and faster. So easy to fix, but it seems WG is not interested in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
183 posts
7,733 battles

Maybe the border should have an abaondon mechanic?

 

Make it passable and if you go more than 2km out or are out there longer that 1min for BB less for other ships (with a warning ofcourse) it ends your battle and you go to port and take an exp/credit reduction for running away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×